First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Questions for others, do you guys still use stock Brembo pads? I have no complain about their stopping power but after getting them hot from autoX now they squeal pretty much as bad as the track pads....which I guess is why they work as well as they do...

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
Questions for others, do you guys still use stock Brembo pads? I have no complain about their stopping power but after getting them hot from autoX now they squeal pretty much as bad as the track pads....which I guess is why they work as well as they do...
I still use the stock pads. I've recently found out they are made by Ferodo. I havent confirmed the compound but I wouldnt be surprised if they're similar to DS-2500. I was going to switch to Ferodos anyways since i've always been happy with their performance in previous cars but after finding out that the OEM pads are Ferodos im tempted to leave them in.

Otherwise I was also thinking of trying out som G-LOC pads.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess my complaints for them would just be noise. They are dusty AF but so were VW ones. Annie Gill said her pads were worn pretty fast with not much other than DD and autoX use. I guess I should keep an eye on that...

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Motegi 19s on Tire Rack is still for sale with the black color ones....<$1000 for a set isn't bad but they aren't particularly light or good looking...
Yeah, kind of my issues with them as well. They would serve the function and be legal, but they just don't do much for me otherwise. But the reality is, if they are track only, then I don't care as much about looks. And 3-4lbs per wheel is not going to make that much difference to a part-time crosser with a bone-stock car like me. If I got serious enough for 3lbs to matter, then I would spend the money for lighter wheels.

I like the looks of the OZ Ultraleggera much better, but they are double the price and aren't any lighter. The OZ GTC01RRs are really good looking wheels, I have seen some in person on a Pro Touring car. And the red embossment on the GTC01RR would fit in very well with the red trim on the Type R. But they don't have anything legal for DS, 18's only.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I bought them mainly because they are legal and cheap. I already bought NSX Ys as the primary autoX wheels. But 2018 Nats showed I need to have wet options and that means I need to have tires on legal wheels I can use driving to events....kind of a unplanned thing but maybe it'll pay off...

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OEM pads here too. haven't had too much noise since the initial bed in. 5 races later just dusty AF but i'm ok with it.
also nothing wrong with multiple sets of wheels just as long so you're prepared for anything (especially at nats).

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My wet options are my OEM 20" wheels/tires. Seemed to work ok for Javier at nats haha.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just don't want to drive to Lincoln on the 20s.....I mean it'll be fine for most of the ride but I still have to get out of Michigan....:D

Also don't want to risk protest on the CSC6s.... ;) Unless they have more sizes out...

RZV

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 E36
Country flag
Need some clarification from SCCA AutoX racers...
If the 2019 CTR comes available with 19" wheels, will it be legal to run in D-Street on 18" wheels with a model year 2018 CTR?

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Need some clarification from SCCA AutoX racers...
If the 2019 CTR comes available with 19" wheels, will it be legal to run in D-Street on 18" wheels with a model year 2018 CTR?
i would say yes but depends on the region. for example, some ap1 owners switched to ap2 wheels and no one contested (in my region).

PedalFaster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever people will let me drive
Country flag
i would say yes but depends on the region. for example, some ap1 owners switched to ap2 wheels and no one contested (in my region).
Both scenarios are unambiguously illegal under SCCA rules, but some regions would let it slip.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Both scenarios are unambiguously illegal under SCCA rules, but some regions would let it slip.
i think it helped that everyone in the class switched to AP2 wheels :D

PedalFaster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever people will let me drive
Country flag
Yeah, the best way to handle things like this is to talk to your competitors. If everyone in the class wants to do the same thing, I can see that helping the conversation along. :)

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just don't want to drive to Lincoln on the 20s.....I mean it'll be fine for most of the ride but I still have to get out of Michigan....:D

Also don't want to risk protest on the CSC6s.... ;) Unless they have more sizes out...
True... my contingency will be to Run PS4S' on the stock wheel.
Sponsored