apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
I might have missed it in this thread has anyone figured out which exhausts play nice with the Karcepts bar? I want something louder as I can't really hear the exhaust with my helmet on (stock), but not that crazy straight pipe thing @RacingManiac is going on about.

Also I am declaring my RE-71Rs dead after 97 runs and one track day at Willow Springs. Flipped on the rim after 80 runs, which let them get through the track day.
38 runs in:
5-WFKnWhGQbjaj-tXkDChGs7oHYOvQjPd3U2_EQ1za-aE63NtVqTtclasBftjAE8P27IJu8edybk1hgQ6=w1413-h1883-no.jpg

97 runs + trackday:
GJ_Mpci4KNz3V4JDG09GgWWyvjf6wfqrPl-oxwBbahdrt3tyaBP2BrUDrToDJN8lyuSa6MoUw6k0ZdM7u=w1440-h1080-no.jpg

I have the greddy supreme sp works perfect with the karcepts bar and is not too loud. also doenst seem to have the "its a type R" markup
Sponsored

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah track day will do that.....

Also I definitely do not recommend straight pipe from a livability standpoint....

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
I might have missed it in this thread has anyone figured out which exhausts play nice with the Karcepts bar? I want something louder as I can't really hear the exhaust with my helmet on (stock), but not that crazy straight pipe thing @RacingManiac is going on about.
I have the Karcepts bar and currently run an Invidia R400 with no issues. I can hear the exhaust through the helmet no problem at both autox and track days.

It does drone a bit at 3000 rpmish but I find it bearable. I'll be throwing it up for sale pretty soon as im moving to a lighter setup.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2 days local Oscoda weekend, got decent amount of runs in to scrub in the brand new set of 265/35/19 Bridgestones. They were a huge pain in the ass to mount. As they do not want to seat properly and we basically had to mount and dismount several times per wheel and keep adding lube to somehow got all 4 mounted. This was the first time I mounted brand new 19" Bridgestone(previous tires were all used REs, brand new Rival Ss are easy to mount). Just generally a pain in the ass...

Ran saturday with basically 0 miles on the tires and the car feel pretty sloppy and also pushy, we had the Karcepts bar on the middle position(carried over from the BFG 275 square setup) and started with 32psi pressure square. Not enough time during the heat to play with bar setting with 2 drivers so we just play with pressure to see if we can make it less sloppy, ran 35psi and no material difference or time. So Just kinda play the waiting game with the push.

Runs:

Sunday we changed the bar setting to full stiff and the car feels much better, ready to rotation off throttle or on the brake and it was much better to drive. I think with a heat cycle the Bridgestone feels much more normal(swapped fronts to rear vs Sat also).

Runs:

These will be the tires we run at Peru in 2 weeks so I think we are generally happy with the car(I have a different codriver who drove the car on Sunday for Peru). The balance shift between the tires is kinda surprising. We also noticed the car bogs way more on launch on these tires, 3500 rpm isn't really enough to get the tires spinning.

We also weighed the car finally, 3025lb with about 1/6th tank and everything emptied out on 14 runs old Bridgestones, NSX wheels. Only things that we can still take out I guess are the floor mats.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also my mic died in Bristol so I am just going with terrible windnoise now until I replace it...lol

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh shit, I should check mine, I wonder if thats why it seems so noisy now

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did it break while positioned in that outermost hole?
Yep, the majority of the time last year I used hole 3 for my solo 2 stuff but this year I tried hole 1 for some lapping and I guess that’s what did it. This was on the left side, right side is still fine

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We've moved from middle to full stiff when we switched the square REs. I don't know if any position would any more likely to break it though, I think the spacing is too tight.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Yep, the majority of the time last year I used hole 3 for my solo 2 stuff but this year I tried hole 1 for some lapping and I guess that’s what did it. This was on the left side, right side is still fine
That failure mode is due to translational shear. Maximum translational loads occur when maximum bending loads occur, which would be in the outermost holes. That's why I asked.

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That failure mode is due to translational shear. Maximum translational loads occur when maximum bending loads occur, which would be in the outermost holes. That's why I asked.
Yep, totally makes sense. When I saw other people having issues earlier in this thread, I figured it would be only a matter of time for me.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm and mine is used so I guess it probably will happen soon, I should go take a look today