bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I see you are using the Karcepts rear sway bar. What settings do you prefer? I envy you doing autocross in Jan! It was -26 F here last week!
3rd hole both sides works good for me but depending on your course layouts you may want it stiffer. -26 F :doh:
Sponsored

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
3rd hole both sides works good for me but depending on your course layouts you may want it stiffer. -26 F :doh:
I am moving from an ASP Boxster with a number of mods that make it uncomfortable to drive to events in (solid engine mounts, very stiff springs and damping). I am tires of switching to A7s for every event and moved to DS to make it easier. Is the Karcepts rear bar as noisy as people say around town? Is it really easy to adjust at an event? My GT3/Tarret bars were impossible to adjust at an event due to low ride height and access issues. It would be great to have something to change depending on conditions.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am moving from an ASP Boxster with a number of mods that make it uncomfortable to drive to events in (solid engine mounts, very stiff springs and damping). I am tires of switching to A7s for every event and moved to DS to make it easier. Is the Karcepts rear bar as noisy as people say around town? Is it really easy to adjust at an event? My GT3/Tarret bars were impossible to adjust at an event due to low ride height and access issues. It would be great to have something to change depending on conditions.
sounds like me taking a break from MY03 SSM S2000 to DS :D. the rsb is definitely louder than the karcepts fsb & rsb on MY03 but as easy to adjust if needed.

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
sounds like me taking a break from MY03 SSM S2000 to DS :D. the rsb is definitely louder than the karcepts fsb & rsb on MY03 but as easy to adjust if needed.
Life is too short to waste time changing tires! I much prefer interacting with with interesting autoxers.
Me in the Boxsterwhen it was still in AS:

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I made this decision in 2015. I decided it was time to simplify, to pick a car I could daily, autocross, and which traveled well to events. I went with an E92 M3 and really didn't look back until this winter when shit started hitting the fan. I've decided to sell and will get a car that hauls people, tires, and is fun to compete in. Enter a Type R.

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I made this decision in 2015. I decided it was time to simplify, to pick a car I could daily, autocross, and which traveled well to events. I went with an E92 M3 and really didn't look back until this winter when shit started hitting the fan. I've decided to sell and will get a car that hauls people, tires, and is fun to compete in. Enter a Type R.
Have you made a decision on tire size yet? I think I am going with 255/35/19.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
I hope to see you at one of our events. The Iowa Region is a great club. As far as I know I have the only CTR in the club. Really looking forward to seeing how it (and I) will do.
Honestly I think you will be fine with either size! I am up in the air right now as well

David Price

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Honestly I think you will be fine with either size! I am up in the air right now as well
Who has found a good racing harness for the CTR that mounts without a harness bar? Hopefully, somebody makes one that snaps into the rear seat belt and feeds through the seat. It doesn't have to be race track safe, just something to anchor the driver a little better in the seat during autocross

PedalFaster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever people will let me drive
Country flag
Have you made a decision on tire size yet? I think I am going with 255/35/19.
We had enough difficulty with overheating our front tires (we ran 285s) that we got into the habit of bringing a second set and swapping halfway through each session. I imagine a 255 (or 265) would have yet less heat tolerance than a 285, although I don't know if the difference would be enough to be noticeable.

To be fair, we dual-drove our car and had small fields, and thus pretty small gaps (usually not much more than five minutes) between runs.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
We had enough difficulty with overheating our front tires (we ran 285s) that we got into the habit of bringing a second set and swapping halfway through each session. I imagine a 255 (or 265) would have yet less heat tolerance than a 285, although I don't know if the difference would be enough to be noticeable.

To be fair, we dual-drove our car and had small fields, and thus pretty small gaps (usually not much more than five minutes) between runs.
I think at large, full capacity events, the short turnaround with co-drivers is less a concern but I'd seriously wonder whether the crazed wheel swap front to rear with spray would not be the ticket, rather than a third pair of wheels as you know the rears probably get very little heat.