D-Street Type R AutoX info sharing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Civic, Civic, CRX, Civic, CTSV
Country flag
Not on this car but I can tell you Nexans are about .6 slower than the RE71R.

Thats comparing a FS M3 to a FS Camaro
Sounds like a bit of an apples and oranges comparo

others have also confirmed 255s were as fast or faster than 265s+
Not to sound like I want to be spoon fed, but link to said test? I always prefer real data to heresay. Even where there is real data, I like to gather more myself if possible. Of course it's hard for me to test anything right now with snow on the ground.

I'd also think 265 and up may be better for heat management in a dual driver car, regardless of which is faster.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
With tires yes. When we were on the same tire we were easily within a tenth of each other most of the time. This inst some local regular either, this was a multi national champ driver.

I just wouldnt waste my money if you want to be competitive.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Civic, Civic, CRX, Civic, CTSV
Country flag
With tires yes. When we were on the same tire we were easily within a tenth of each other most of the time. This inst some local regular either, this was a multi national champ driver.

I just wouldnt waste my money if you want to be competitive.
Thanks for the data point, based on your location I'm guessing your benchmark is Cashmore.

I understand the nexens may be a touch slower, but there have been some wins at the national level on the tires, and the one time I've driven them on a STS car I liked them quite a bit. You can always just drive faster ;). Plus, it's hard to ignore their cash money contingency program!

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Not to sound like I want to be spoon fed, but link to said test? I always prefer real data to heresay. Even where there is real data, I like to gather more myself if possible. Of course it's hard for me to test anything right now with snow on the ground.

I'd also think 265 and up may be better for heat management in a dual driver car, regardless of which is faster.
it's posted in this thread last year when someone was comparing tire sizes versus times at their local event.
you can always buy a cheap DS compliant set of wheels and play with front tire sizes for real data.
personally, i also opted for square set so i can rotate after every event.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the data point, based on your location I'm guessing your benchmark is Cashmore.

I understand the nexens may be a touch slower, but there have been some wins at the national level on the tires, and the one time I've driven them on a STS car I liked them quite a bit. You can always just drive faster ;). Plus, it's hard to ignore their cash money contingency program!
I think Heikotter have won a lot of events on Nexens, but that's also Heikotter....and I think at the same token he probably could have won more on the "normal" tires....

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
other than the NSX wheels being sexy, is there a reason to get them over motegi MR924??

weight is 3lbs per wheel... doesnt seem worth the extra $$ to me but maybe others have their reasons?

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For forged wheels the price aren't terrible for NSX wheels and they are legal for SCCA use. But yeah lb/$ vs Motegi doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For forged wheels the price aren't terrible for NSX wheels and they are legal for SCCA use. But yeah lb/$ vs Motegi doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Right? I am looking at my budget this year and thinking... I could get two sets for motegi wheels for one set of NSX. then I could have a wet set, and race set, or BFG vs Bridgestone set...

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my NSX wheels from Johnny Rose's takeoff parts. Wheels with tires, Karcept Bar, spare rotors and track pads for less than the price of a set of wheels by themselves new so I wasn't too worried about the price. I think Jack Burns is selling his even cheaper atm...

Also FYI the NSX wheels needs pretty thin-wall socket to work with stock lug nuts, as the the wheels has the same ball seats as the stock wheens but its designed to be use with lug bolts(like some Germans, weird, consider NSX is designed and built in Ohio...). We had to turn a socket down for it to work....Finding the right ball seats nuts proved to be quite hard..

I bought a set of Motegis anyway for the eventual "rain/testing/whatever" tires....

Miffed though now the silver color Motegi is also onsale, before it was only the black ones.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought my NSX wheels from Johnny Rose's takeoff parts. Wheels with tires, Karcept Bar, spare rotors and track pads for less than the price of a set of wheels by themselves new so I wasn't too worried about the price. I think Jack Burns is selling his even cheaper atm...

Also FYI the NSX wheels needs pretty thin-wall socket to work with stock lug nuts, as the the wheels has the same ball seats as the stock wheens but its designed to be use with lug bolts(like some Germans, weird, consider NSX is designed and built in Ohio...). We had to turn a socket down for it to work....Finding the right ball seats nuts proved to be quite hard..

I bought a set of Motegis anyway for the eventual "rain/testing/whatever" tires....

Miffed though now the silver color Motegi is also onsale, before it was only the black ones.
I messaged him on fb but where do I find him? I might be interested!

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He posted on my wall a few weeks back but I don't know if they were sold. Annie Gill was thinking about buying them but she also ended up getting a FoRS for some reason...not sure if she is still interested in using her Type R for that many events...
Sponsored