CVT reliability in a long term

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I feel sick hearing you guys have 2 hour daily commutes. Let's say you sleep for 8 hours a day and work for 8 hours that day. You have only 8 hours left for free time, and you use 2 of it stuck in traffic?
Sponsored

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I feel sick hearing you guys have 2 hour daily commutes. Let's say you sleep for 8 hours a day and work for 8 hours that day. You have only 8 hours left for free time, and you use 2 of it stuck in traffic?
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Not everyone can be as lucky as you. I'm pretty sure they realize how much time they have. They're long distance commuters, not idiots.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Not everyone can be as lucky as you. I'm pretty sure they realize how much time they have. They're long distance commuters, not idiots.
Oh for sure. Not knocking that. But it's mind-blowing how much time is against us. Life is temporary.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Hello
Until now I had 8th civic with old 5-speed automatic transmission. I really like to drive manual on the twisty mountain road, but when it comes to normal daily driving I loose it in a first traffic jam.
The clutch pedal is so soft, the effort is a non issue in this generation. Also can't roll back when starting uphill.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Oh for sure. Not knocking that. But it's mind-blowing how much time is against us. Life is temporary.
Housing is not affordable for many people. You pretty much need to be a millionaire to live in some large cities, for example San Francisco. If you work in the city, the only choice is to commute to the more affordable areas.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Not an "old' civic owner but I will say that I use my car for commuting into DC in the mornings and the traffic on i-66 is probably some of the craziest traffic you will ever encounter. In these scenarios it makes me glad I went with the CVT and it's been nothing but good to me in stop and go traffic. Long term I think it will do just fine because the older civics cvt's are what the current ones are based on and they are doing alright.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
You pretty much need to be a millionaire to live in some large cities, for example San Francisco.
I would say that most, if not all cities over the 1 million population mark in the US/CAN are pretty much insanely expensive for housing. Certainly all that are 2 million and up in the metro area.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Here in southern CA, alot of people doesnt like the city like traffic, faster pace of living and busy street in orange county. They have no problem commuting 1 - 1.5 hr 1 way and move to riverside county. The housing price is also relatively cheaper.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Good to know CVT's are reliable, thank's to share information.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I prefer CVT over manual because I drive 90% in the city. If I had more experience with manual I'd enjoy it more. Test drove a Si 2 weeks ago and I was awful changing gears. I understand the concept but in person it was different.
Sponsored