Adil

First Name
Adil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5t
Country flag
Hi all. I am new here and enjoy this forum. I am from South Africa and we have few Civics on the road.

Need some help please.

I have a 2016 1.5 T CVT. has 54000km. When I drive in hot weather in Sport mode (with manual shifting) I notice a distinct whine. Sounds like a supercharger and heard on acceleration and deceleration. When I go back to normal drive/auto mode all is ok. Under cooler temps it takes allot of driving to get the noise. Noise is only when in gear thus I think it must be the CVT.

Everything works fine and its a fantastic car. I have seen some discussions on this. I will ask dealer to have a look but difficult to replicate. Could it be oil issue? I had it replaced at 40000km. Is this normal and perhaps the CVT not meant to be driven in sport mode?

Apologies if I am posting in wrong forum.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A certain amount of CVT whine is fairly normal. You may want to post an audio clip of exactly what it sounds like.

OP
OP
Adil

Adil

First Name
Adil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5t
Country flag
Just an update in-case others have similar questions. Car went back to dealer. Mechanic heard the whine. They took another 1.5T for a drive and did same thing. They did check oil etc and all was good.

I guess its just normal..as you said Gtman.

Barticus520

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get the same issue. I feel like it is when the fluid is staring to burn. I really hate that these cars have a cvt warmer that can technically bring the cvt fluid temp above it's burn point. I get it when driving and the cars warm and then hitting the gas hard only during summer time.
Sponsored