Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
How much testosterone can someone possibly get from a honda civic?
That remark clearly flew over your head. Oh maybe a bad choice of words when talking about testosterone. ;)All I meant was CivicX is 99% guys and guys like to prove who's got the biggest dick. lol

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Pretty sure just owning one has zero effect on my testosterone levels, but having testosterone makes me want to do stupid shit to it that I don't need, to a car originally designed as an economy box. Fortunately Honda kinna knows their clientele and allows for said modifications.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't know 'bout you but driving my CVT makes my balls feel pretty heavy. ;)
With a tune, hearing the constant Honda growl at 4-5k rpm as the CVT does the work while accelerating instead of rolling back down the rev curve does give me a chub. tmi probably, lol...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With a tune, hearing the constant Honda growl at 4-5k rpm as the CVT does the work while accelerating instead of rolling back down the rev curve does give me a chub. tmi probably, lol...
I need to find my video of my 40-100 run on my e30 blend tune. Car flies never has to shift lol. details: multi lane tollway, empty, speed limit 85. most say they go to mexico, I go to Austin

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I need to find my video of my 40-100 run on my e30 blend tune. Car flies never has to shift lol. details: multi lane tollway, empty, speed limit 85. most say they go to mexico, I go to Austin
Bahahaha. I'm afraid to blend fuel, but it's amazing even without that how quickly and easily it hits 120. It's no CTR or V8, so the cap is just above that for my car. The rolling "bumps" on TX-130 are a nice stress test of the suspension, too.

Quick question, with tune, do you ever smell excess fumes/exhaust/heavy burnt fuel during rampant acceleration? Or am I just smelling the semi I just passed?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bahahaha. I'm afraid to blend fuel, but it's amazing even without that how quickly and easily it hits 120. It's no CTR or V8, so the cap is just above that for my car. The rolling "bumps" on TX-130 are a nice stress test of the suspension, too.

Quick question, with tune, do you ever smell excess fumes/exhaust/heavy burnt fuel during rampant acceleration? Or am I just smelling the semi I just passed?
I have stock everything except intake and tune so I dont usually smell anything unless im crossing the Trinity River or passing the water treatment plant up here lol. I got custom tuned for the blend before the flex fuel kits existed. I was one of the first CVTs to do it. I let the gauge go to 2 dashes then fill with 7.5 gallons of 93 and fill 2.5 gal of ethanol.

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well, I am sure we all can agree that an 18+, twenty some, 30 40 and so on will have a different understanding what this Civic was designed to do.
Honda understands it well and is capitalizing on that by offering so many trim choices. Hatch, sport, coupe, sedan, SI, CTR.
Then give it a manual trans, turbo or NA as an option and BAM you got your self a whole new level(s) of testosterone platform.
It is all good folk. As long as you don't keep harping that one is supperior to another.
I can guaranty one thing for sure. The turbo vs. N/A and CVT vs manual topic will never go away.
Whatever it may be, HOnda scored a big one with the 10th gen civic. Good job!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We all agree Honda has a hit on it's hand with the 10th gen Civic. As far as manual vs. auto, there's no denying that a manual is more engaging. For 25 years, I loved rowing my own gears. But circumstances change over time. In 2010 when my wife became very ill and lost her job we had to downsize to only one car. My wife couldn't drive a manual so we got an automatic. Of course I wasn't thrilled but adapted to it and the manual mode wasn't half bad.

Fast forward to 2017. I was in the market for a new car and had my choices down to a Mazda3, Elantra Sport or a Civic. I was sold on the new Elantra Sport. Great overall car and value. But, the supply was limited and I couldn't find the color and option package I wanted. I decided the Mazda was so last gen. So, I decided on the Civic hatchback. But I couldn't get past the crappy rear visibility and wound up buying a 2017 Civic EX-L turbo sedan.

The CVT was not my first choice if I had a choice. But Honda doesn't offer a manual in the upper trims. Over time, I have to say the CVT is "OK". It does it's job mostly but exciting it aint. ;) Getting a tune has helped a bit and overall this is just a really nice car. Do I miss shifting my own gears? At times of course but not in the rush hour stop and go I deal with quite a bit.

Bottom line. Manuals are more fun but Honda's done a good job with this CVT.

Reactions: Car

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The turbo benefits greatly from ehtanol, it acts as a cooling agent allowing us to advance timing without adding all the boost to make more power. Makes your miles per gallon go down but your smiles per gallon go through the roof!
Also im more of a 4 walls 2 balls kind of guy. #nosharing

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase