CVT Longevity -

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
I have a hatchback sport touring, my steering wheel has a volume control but its a little bar that can be pressed on either side (+,-)
yes but on the sedan you can slide your finger up and down to change volume. It takes some getting use to, though.
Sponsored

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes but on the sedan you can slide your finger up and down to change volume. It takes some getting use to, though.
Interesting, definitely do not have that in the hatchback. I have the sport touring with EVERYTHING on the catalog.... now i'm curious.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
They specifically disabled the slider function on the hatches permanently for some unknown reason.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
Interesting, definitely do not have that in the hatchback. I have the sport touring with EVERYTHING on the catalog.... now i'm curious.
Yep, and it can mute with a quick swipe down

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
First of all he was talking shit about a cvt, not a turbo, so i trolled the troll. Second The Type R, you know a CIVIC, is a RACE CAR built for the street. Third the fastest 10th gen currently runs 11.78 at 118 mph, thats pretty fast, for any economy car. 4th, again, im not going to respect someone who comes in here running his mouth about something he hasnt even driven. 5th, if you get to break out your AWD TLX do I get to choose what car I race you in, since you know, neither are made for racing lol. Lastly, anything can be a race car, all you need are 2 cars and 2 people willing to see which one is faster, or bracket race.....
My bad man, there was a lot to read in the thread and a lot of negativity going on and I got kinda fed up lol and I didnt read it in context completely so thats my bad. And the also saying by no means was I trying to flex my tlx of all things bc obviously like i said before not exactly a fast car, just misunderstood your comment from before.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My bad man, there was a lot to read in the thread and a lot of negativity going on and I got kinda fed up lol and I didnt read it in context completely so thats my bad. And the also saying by no means was I trying to flex my tlx of all things bc obviously like i said before not exactly a fast car, just misunderstood your comment from before.
All good brother. I came on a little hard on ya. I was cranky and needed coffee this morning lol! I like the TLX fyi, we need an SH AWD civic

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Wow. A peaceful resolution in a forum. I'm completely baffled and amazed. No sarcasm, bravo.

Side note, the slide functionality on the volume is amazing. Was actually one of my salesman's selling points given he didn't have that in his own LX. Use it all the time to mute when rolling up to a drive through with the brake lock functionality picking up my double cheeseburger (lol).

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow. A peaceful resolution in a forum. I'm completely baffled and amazed. No sarcasm, bravo.

Side note, the slide functionality on the volume is amazing. Was actually one of my salesman's selling points given he didn't have that in his own LX. Use it all the time to mute when rolling up to a drive through with the brake lock functionality picking up my double cheeseburger (lol).
brake hold and slow speed follow are amazing. set that slow speed follow and let the car do the work

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
All good brother. I came on a little hard on ya. I was cranky and needed coffee this morning lol! I like the TLX fyi, we need an SH AWD civic
An AWD civic would be absolutely crazy and if honda gave it the right dynamics would defenitely crush a lot of its competitors.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Overweight? The TLX literally weighs as much as a sedan in its class should...theres nothing "overweight" about it. And sure the V6 is slowly being eaten out by turbo 4's but calling it primitive is a bit of a stretch, Im 22 years old and call me whatever you want or but I like the smoothness, sound, and linear powerband of a V6 over turbo 4's in general, just a personal preference.

Also, I didnt buy a TLX for driving around town or to race in, I bought it because my job takes me on roadtrips a LOT which means a lot of time on the highway, which the TLX is perfect for as a fairly luxurious, powerful highway cruiser between states/cities.
Sponsored