CVT Longevity -

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Not sure why you think NYC is a dinky little city but ok carry on belittling everything you don't agree with like a 12 year old..

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread is really getting toxic.
I think its obvious why, CivicXI nails it in his post

Not sure why you think NYC is a dinky little city but ok carry on belittling everything you don't agree with like a 12 year old..
preach brother. I like to engage trolls who actually might be interested in a conversation, but some just like to, as you say, belittle everything they dont agree with.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
It's honestly kind of refreshing for me. Anytime I have a bad day I'm like, at least I'm not as bitter as THAT guy about my life, so much so that I have to brag about my 148hp 2 point 0 manual.

I was thinking something along these lines. ^

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Epic trolling going on here. Anyhow, I'd smoke you and then laugh at you as you drive your boring base model lx back home
Wow aren't you cool? You ever thought some people didn't want to spend money on the turbo because the base model suits their needs? First of all I think the fact that your talking about racing in your civic is hilarious, because civics are commuter cars plain and simple, not meant for anything like racing, but they can provide a sporty experience. The fact is that the LX remains amazing value for what it is and it's something to respect. If your looking to race i'm more than happy to take you in my TLX AWD V6, but again thats not the point of the civic or even the TLX.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Wow aren't you cool? You ever thought some people didn't want to spend money on the turbo because the base model suits their needs? First of all I think the fact that your talking about racing in your civic is hilarious, because civics are commuter cars plain and simple, not meant for anything like racing, but they can provide a sporty experience. The fact is that the LX remains amazing value for what it is and it's something to respect. If your looking to race i'm more than happy to take you in my TLX AWD V6, but again thats not the point of the civic or even the TLX.
There's a Civic for everyone.

LudditeMobile in the DX/LX
DamnMillennialMobile in the Touring
Something in the middle in the EX/EX-T
RiceMobile in the Hatchbacks
ManualElitist in the SI
WhatAmIDoing in the Type R

:D

That's probably why the nameplate is so popular. The very baseline is that the Civic is a good commuter car, but spend a little bit more and can receive a bit more in fun and/or tech.

Current generation Toyota Corolla is doing fine with its CVT. Thus far, nobody is panicking about its durability. Can't say the same about Honda Civic because apparently Honda has "lost its way". :dunno:

Reactions: Car

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First of all he was talking shit about a cvt, not a turbo, so i trolled the troll. Second The Type R, you know a CIVIC, is a RACE CAR built for the street. Third the fastest 10th gen currently runs 11.78 at 118 mph, thats pretty fast, for any economy car. 4th, again, im not going to respect someone who comes in here running his mouth about something he hasnt even driven. 5th, if you get to break out your AWD TLX do I get to choose what car I race you in, since you know, neither are made for racing lol. Lastly, anything can be a race car, all you need are 2 cars and 2 people willing to see which one is faster, or bracket race.....

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
let's not forget the LX has a volume knob.
you can have you volume knob that you have to reach for, Ill take my volume slider on the steering wheel, thank you very much ;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Wow aren't you cool? You ever thought some people didn't want to spend money on the turbo because the base model suits their needs?
Dallas was only giving the guy shit because the guy came in this topic not to talk about CVT longevity but about how slow and shitty CVT's are. Went so far as to say Civics with automatics arent real Civics. So, I think you need to read the entire thread in context.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dallas was only giving the guy shit because the guy came in this topic not to talk about CVT longevity but about how slow and shitty CVT's are. Went so far as to say Civics with automatics arent real Civics. So, I think you need to read the entire thread in context.
thanks sir, that is exactly my point. you get me! and you made my point in a much more neat and tidy fashion!

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
you can have you volume knob that you have to reach for, Ill take my volume slider on the steering wheel, thank you very much ;)
speaking of that. Do only the sedans have this feature? I think I remember reading that the Hatchbacks don't have the slider on the steering wheel enabled

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
speaking of that. Do only the sedans have this feature? I think I remember reading that the Hatchbacks don't have the slider on the steering wheel enabled
I have a hatchback sport touring, my steering wheel has a volume control but its a little bar that can be pressed on either side (+,-)

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
I think I remember reading that the Hatchbacks don't have the slider on the steering wheel enabled
Correct.
Sponsored