First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that really a problem? I've never been in a situation where putting it in S or L didn't get me up to speed with expediency.
It's a good vid to watch. CVTs generally are dogs off the line and there's some efficiency loss in the belt/variator by designing it to handle the workload off the line. You'd get both better response off the line with less wear and tear and likely a higher available effective ratio up top if it is so desired using this design.

It *is* a good thing and good on Toyota. They're bring back the Supra so... c'mon... someone over there on Team-T has a pulse.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure by now, no one takes you seriously anyway.
You got that right. Even before I was tuned my CVT turbo Civic performed pretty well. This guy needs to test drive one and throw it in S and see if he still thinks it's a slug.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you drive a 2.slow, you are used to being dusted lol. You are the one who went on a rant and now you want to back down? Cause just like Id dust your 2.o Id dust you in this conversation as well. there are a couple dudes on this board who SCCA their cvts and would kill you in the twisties too

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
You got that right. Even before I was tuned my CVT turbo Civic performed pretty well. This guy needs to test drive one and throw it in S and see if he still thinks it's a slug.
I honestly think he's like a 12 year old who just discovered stick shift.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
definitely trolling. lol its millennial dude. and Im not even close to one, born in 79. The 2.0 CVT is a fricken pig. drove one for a loaner and my god, what a crap bucket. I know why you trash the cvt, on the 2.0 its rubber band city and no power then vtec only kicks in for like 100 rpms and then it falls back below vtec cutoff. It was terrible. Drive the turbo cvt and youll see a world of difference. drive a tuned cvt and and youll know why I said Id smoke you.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I must say that my experience is quite opposite. I was completely happy driving two cars with manual transmissions for many years, and only when driving in the city stop and go or heavy traffic highway it would become very old and tiring. That's when I felt like a sucker with my stick.

With the CVT I suspect something is wrong with the computed gas mileage. I zoom through traffic and easily get over 30 and even close to 40 mpg. Seems too good to be true.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
This thread is wildly entertaining.

I mean, come on. My old car had one of the fastest dual clutch transmissions out there. In manual mode, it shifted as fast as I could pull the paddles. 0-60 in 5 sec flat. But I never pretended that it was the fastest thing in the world. And I don't pretend that the Honda Civic is the best car in the world. Honestly I love my CVT hatchback. It's quiet, fuel efficient, cruises at 90+mph much more comfortably than my old car, a lot cheaper to own and run. It's a car designed to a price point and it does it well. Besides anyone who's ever done any driving on twisty backcountry roads can tell you, its almost never the power holding you back, it's grip. Bragging about making up a quarter second at a stoplight is dogshit.

But I'm not an idiot, I don't give people the finger and peel off at every light. I'm not tokyo drifting around town like a moron.

Can't believe some people take the thought of "racing" a honda civic around town seriously.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
With the CVT I suspect something is wrong with the computed gas mileage. I zoom through traffic and easily get over 30 and even close to 40 mpg. Seems too good to be true.

Prepare to be continuously surprised. It's been 24000 miles and 10 months for me and I'm still surprised that I can get 30mpg through city driving and if I set my cruise control at 70mph on a flat highway, I can get near 45mpg. All this in a car that does 0-60 in high 6's!

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Miami resident here, I get 20 MPG average. Drove out of town for a weekend, i'm up to 22
Sponsored