JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
It took me over 5 months from the time of purchase to actually get plates because of all the bureaucracy here involved in buying an out of state car. Only about two weeks to get the approval and plates in the mail once all the paperwork was in order.

gee-dubR32

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GOLF R, 2019 AEGEAN BLUE CIVIC TYPE R
Country flag
I considered something that reflected
my first Honda (NOT CRX) but figured it was too esoteric. I also considered some Japanese words like SUGOI but moved on. My top picks were plates that incorporated something that harkened back to Honda roots and headquarters. TOKYO was taken. MINATO sounded boring. AOYAMA was a finalist especially because thatā€™s where the Honda showroom is and it translates to ā€œBlue Mountainā€ (I bought an Aegean blue CTR). In the end, I went back to a version of Tokyo albeit edgier and stealthy at the same timeā€”

T8KY8.

I think it pays homage to the fact this is an unabashedly Japanese car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom Type R Plate Ideas plate

Last edited:

ChrisB

PRL & Hondata Top Fan
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I pondered the thought of custom plates for when I get mine. Then I decided I wanted to try and transfer my current plates to the new car, since it will be really the only piece I'll have of Ace (my Acura) after I give it to my sister. I mean I could take the cargo net lol

Bluev103

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Black CTR, 18 Blue Hatch Sport, 16 Red Sedan
Country flag
These are available in AZ, keep trying?
GUDSP3D
GNUINE
CTRPWR
F8L CTR
F8L FK8
0MRKUP

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually available as of this writing. Thank me later. Personally, I canā€™t afford the perpetual $40 annual renewal fee.

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom Type R Plate Ideas 02BFE8CA-9CBA-4643-B03B-352309206F9C

jsyar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, BMW 328xi, BMW X3
Country flag
I have FUN R.

It was supposed to be FUN "R" as in fun Type R. However, others see it as" more fun". Either way, it's accurate.

Puma

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Massachusetts is TERRIBLE. We canā€™t do anything good with plates. Only vanity plates are on the normal plain white plate. No fun design plates here. We canā€™t interchange letters and numbers. Can only have a max of 6 alphanumerics long and it must begin with 2 letters, canā€™t begin with a number. Can only end in a number, canā€™t do letter-number-letter. Or number-letter. With that being said they turned down my first like 5-6 choices. Wouldnā€™t let me do any combination with FK8 because they said itā€™s ā€œvulgarā€. Esp when I asked if ā€˜JSTFK8ā€™ or ā€˜LTSFK8ā€™ was avail lol. Oh ya and we canā€™t have any spaces either. I wanted to do BLU_R. But everything good I wanted was either taken or denied. Had to settle with ā€˜BLURRā€™. Being a blue type r. ā€˜BLUERā€™ was open but doesnā€™t look right without having a space. ā€˜BLUE_Rā€™ would have been fine for me, but again, no spaces allowed. Hate Massachusetts. ALSO, itā€™s going to take 10-12 week for it to arrive. Gotta love this state!!!
Sponsored