• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Continuing from: https://www.civicx.com/threads/custom-si-serial-number-plate.36378/

@KnoxTn17Si posted his attempt at a custom Type R Serial Number plate for the Si and I had some fun mocking up what it could possibly look like. Ideas were thrown around and it looks like it might actually turn into something viable to do!

Once everything is done and good to our liking I'll post the cost with a receipt. I think the guy told me he can do the plates for $10 to $15 minus the holes. I'm working on fixing that issue. Would hate to have to order the type r plate again. Cost was $80 from honda :eek:
I've finalized 2 designs for the plate, which design do you guys think is better? Currently I'm split pretty much 50/50 between them...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**EDIT**
Since this was never meant to be an ongoing sale, I am posting the .eps files for the designs.
Should anyone want to make one for themselves, they'll just need to find a shop that engraves metal plates and give them this design.
I have also added the third - Si only logo with no black bar.

Si logo only:
Si-Plate-Only.png

EPS vector file: https://mega.nz/#!SgNnSQwT!6UnLNhUclS3jP9jbftQXdXz_cNyb_GG0dD77qH1PWZc

Si - Sport Injected:
Si-Plate.png

EPS vector file: https://mega.nz/#!2wdljKCQ!yzwZ1g5S5Vv7y_gK2FqOtwP9exicGu9EHAHQqD884KA

Si - Sport Injected with silhouette:
Si-Plate-Car.png

EPS vector file: https://mega.nz/#!3ocxgKbR!bvUPUdnQz5IzBTpGWQPTiphjksVkKknKNqMCF_qcDEM

Installed pics:

20190705_151949-jpg.jpg

20190602_183602-jpg.jpg

15595840160006720203174580043267-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
#2 logo w/silhouette. Great work in both designs though!! Kudos

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I actually had to think about this one. I voted for the one with the silhouette, but I would be happy with either.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I like both and wouldn’t mind either design. Although, 2nd would be my choice, as the silhouette looks to resemble a coupe

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Silhouette design with small spoiler as in Si Sedan would be great if possible

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
Is the one person that voted stupid idea have a type r or non si ? ;)
I have a Si Coupe and I voted for the none part.. the "stupid idea" part I don't necessarily agree with but there wasn't another option that just said none.
I know I am in the minority though, I just don't see the point of adding additional badging. The silhouette I just really don't get, that's like putting a picture of yourself on your mirror, why do you need a picture of your car on your car?
I feel the same way about turbo stickers people add.. it's not really that big of a deal that it has a turbo, a LOT of manufacturers are putting turbos into their vehicles to improve fuel economy while still providing a bit of performance.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
As a person with " turbo" badges on the outside of my car, and planning to be one of the people to buy the " Sports injected" badge for my console, I thank you for for your honest vote, and understand that you won't be one of the people buying one.

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
As a person with " turbo" badges on the outside of my car, and planning to be one of the people to buy the " Sports injected" badge for my console, I thank you for for your honest vote, and understand that you won't be one of the people buying one.
To be clear, I don't think any more or less of a vehicle /owner that has the turbo stickers or gets extra badges; it's just not my preference. I really enjoy seeing how people customize their vehicles and I have made plenty of cosmetic changes to my Si to "make it my own" as well. I am looking forward to seeing the progress made on these and see how they turn out.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I prefer logo with silhouette but, as I'm going for the understated look, I would be much more likely to purchase the logo only version. But either of these is infinitely better than the lone gloss piano black trim piece sitting unadorned in the middle of everything.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Update.... So I just got off the phone with the guy at the engraving shop. He said he received the files for both plates. My schedule is crazy, so I won't be able to get to the shop till next Monday. I'll give him the oem plate so he can make more the same size. He is gonna make 1 of each for me that following Wednesday so I can post how they look and cost of plate. I'll send the one Jayee wants so he can post what he thinks of it before going any further with a group buy. I'll have to figure out the best and cheapest way to send for those that are interested in 1. I'm not looking to make money, just doing this as a 1 time thing for the community. So once everything is all good with plate I'll post and find out who all is interested and which one you want. Everyone will know the cost of the plate with tax, just shipping cost afterwards will be needed depending on your location of course.

OP
OP
jayee

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Update.... So I just got off the phone with the guy at the engraving shop. He said he received the files for both plates. My schedule is crazy, so I won't be able to get to the shop till next Monday. I'll give him the oem plate so he can make more the same size. He is gonna make 1 of each for me that following Wednesday so I can post how they look and cost of plate. I'll send the one Jayee wants so he can post what he thinks of it before going any further with a group buy. I'll have to figure out the best and cheapest way to send for those that are interested in 1. I'm not looking to make money, just doing this as a 1 time thing for the community. So once everything is all good with plate I'll post and find out who all is interested and which one you want. Everyone will know the cost of the plate with tax, just shipping cost afterwards will be needed depending on your location of course.

Rough estimate for shipping via USPS First Class is about $1 - $5 depending on distance - but they don't allow online postage printing and shipping a large amount manually is very time consuming.
Rough estimate for shipping via USPS Priority Mail is about $5-10 depending on distance

Insurance for up to $100 of USPS insurance is about $3

https://postcalc.usps.com/

I'd say to invoice people through PayPal so buyers are protected by PayPal purchase protection (not that @KnoxTn17Si is trying to scam anyone here lol) and have the buyer cover the $0.30 + 2.9% surcharge that PayPal charges for "goods and services", since it wouldn't be fair for him to eat that cost...

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#standard-transaction-fees

Last edited:

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is very nice! I really want one of these when you start selling them

Kable's2019Si

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1992 C1500 383
Country flag
They both look awesome. The silhouette is bad ass. I am a simplistic man though and voted number one. I've been looking for exactly this.
Sponsored