ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think the guy mean hack (jailbreak) the head unit and install the app directly, I made a similar suggestion earlier on.
No this is not install the app to directly its all base on android auto on the phone
Sponsored

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks good .. Wonder if it would work with Wifi OBD2 device.
From what I have read, they have far less LAG.. The Bluetooth on in the Video seemed very lagged :(]\
I think its bluetooth or the high end one. I have wifi one cuz im main iphone, I will find a andorid phone to see if the wifi obd2 work tho

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
But does the Android Auto with the Torque Pro Integrated work better this way? Does this tricks still work? Im just looking the most simple way to read the temp while on trackday. Got any suggestion? I would love to have sth like the video:
Yeah wow, that's laggy as heck. Also what BT-based ODB2 is he using that's cost $90? o_O. Perhaps one that interface is the protocol Honda uses?

Here's a video from the dev of ODB2 For AA app. I'm thinking it's generally laggy on our Honda infotainment...

...because this is what it looks like on a Mazda

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah wow, that's laggy as heck. Also what BT-based ODB2 is he using that's cost $90? o_O. Perhaps one that interface is the protocol Honda uses?

Here's a video from the dev of ODB2 For AA app. I'm thinking it's generally laggy on our Honda infotainment...

...because this is what it looks like on a Mazda
Its Really depend what kind of information u looking if u looking at boost, it might be laggy. but for temp since the information does not change that quick i think its good enough, anyway a good Bluetooth or wifi should help the lag problem also toque pro have a option for fast commutation too.

https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-B...aps,183&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=AD7D9D1JAFECP

https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Product...344827&s=gateway&sprefix=obd2+,aps,183&sr=8-4

Those 2 should be work like champ

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Yeah, something like boost, throttle, or brake should be as up to date as possible while others can stay asynchronous as they can be. I'll play with it I suppose now that I kinda have an idea on which app(s) I can work with. I have an ODB2 plug similar to that BAFX one.

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, something like boost, throttle, or brake should be as up to date as possible while others can stay asynchronous as they can be. I'll play with it I suppose now that I kinda have an idea on which app(s) I can work with. I have an ODB2 plug similar to that BAFX one.
Ok. I have try the Wifi BAFX with my Samsung Note 8. Data keep up pretty good no laggy feel. However I might need some PDI info to show up ECT. The Scan Didn't work. Any Idea?

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you mirroring your display, Android Auto, or did you jailbreak and install the app onto the headunit?
Just Android Auto with OBD2AA plug in, Phone is Samsung Note 8 not Root, Head Unit also stock didn't hack too.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Are you mirroring your display, Android Auto, or did you jailbreak and install the app onto the headunit?
ODB2 for AA is made for just that, for AA-compatible infotainment systems. It's not a mirroring.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
ODB2 for AA is made for just that, for AA-compatible infotainment systems. It's not a mirroring.
I believe that that's exactly what Android Auto is -- Mirroring of your Smartphone onto the head Unit ??

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
So $25 Wifi OBD2 BAFX brand, $1.99 for OBD2AA and a android phone will get you setup. Im happy about it. its seem runinng pretty good.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So $25 Wifi OBD2 BAFX brand, $1.99 for OBD2AA and a android phone will get you setup. Im happy about it. its seem runinng pretty good.
yes, but get a WifI OBD2 device (not Bluetooth) if you want a faster response time... Bluetooth ODB2 can lag a lot !!
Sponsored