First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello fellow Si drivers,

On a budget but want more exhaust note on the Si, so I wanted to do a custom build to hold me over until I can afford a real deal exhaust system.

I know many would recommend a muffler delete or the good ol Vibrant muffler. I was however thinking of a universal muffler from either Yonaka or Megan racing and I was just going to buy dual 3.5 inch exhaust tips. From all the research I have done, they are replicas of the World Sport 2 muffler, which is on the quiet side. I'm looking for quiet and subdued as this is my daily driver and I have a long highway commute everyday so a no drone setup would be ideal.

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions or have any feedback regarding Yonaka or Megan Racing?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Idk bro, doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I saved my penny's for a real deal full exhaust system. I think @LilToTo17 has a quality custom exhaust system that I have seen him brag about before. Idk what the cost implications were to make it happen though... I can tell you that a muffler delete sounds like Doo Doo. You may tell yourself you like it in the beginning but you will eventually be dieing to fix it. People will most likely look at you an laugh at you out loud or quietly to themselves. Do lost of research before you start cutting things off. Good luck!

(I went with MAPerformance Street exhaust and it is bitchin. Best I have heard for our generation of cars)

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks guys. For sure muffler delete is a no-no for me. I've read a lot of posts of people getting universal muffflers that sound good for a really good price, so I thought I would do my own.

But, if I gotta hold out and save for longer for a quality unit, then bring on the cup o noodles.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think a universal muffler paired with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator will sound great. Especially if running a cat still. My vibrant muffler with no resonator sounds good, with only a slight drone between 3-3.5k rpms, but thats with me being catless. When I had a PRL catted downpipe it sounded amazing no drone but was honestly still too quiet. I don’t think it’s hard at all to get a good exhaust sound unless you are catless that is when all the rasp and drone hit hard.

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I think a universal muffler paired with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator will sound great. Especially if running a cat still. My vibrant muffler with no resonator sounds good, with only a slight drone between 3-3.5k rpms, but thats with me being catless. When I had a PRL catted downpipe it sounded amazing no drone but was honestly still too quiet. I don’t think it’s hard at all to get a good exhaust sound unless you are catless that is when all the rasp and drone hit hard.
Thanks for the reassurance man. That's what I thought. Since I'm running stock downpipe and do not plan on going catless, it should be very street ( CA Bay Area streets) compliant and law enforcement friendly with a resonator, be it stock or vibrant resonator.

I can get the muffler and tip for $150 or so and go to my muffler guy who will weld it up for another $120 or so. So all in all, it would fit my $300 budget. Definitely beats paying $700 for a full cat back at the moment.

RonSwanson's

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have my resonator deleted and a small cut out on the Y pipe before the mufflers, so it goes to both, like a hybrid muffler delete.

Here's the you tube link:

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reassurance man. That's what I thought. Since I'm running stock downpipe and do not plan on going catless, it should be very street ( CA Bay Area streets) compliant and law enforcement friendly with a resonator, be it stock or vibrant resonator.

I can get the muffler and tip for $150 or so and go to my muffler guy who will weld it up for another $120 or so. So all in all, it would fit my $300 budget. Definitely beats paying $700 for a full cat back at the moment.
Yea on stock downpipe the car will probably still be pretty quiet but have a deeper/more aggressive tone.
Sponsored