CTR wing removal / deletion solution

Interested in removing the factory wing and covering the mounting holes with a simple solution?

• Total voters

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
True, you can place 66 pounds of weight on the rear to generate the same "traction" that the wing would create at 124 MPH... The issue with doing this is that it also...
Sigh... I didn’t think I had to put “/s” at the end of that statement :p

Y’all take yourselves way too seriously. And yes, I know that simply adding weight would not work. You can’t add 500 pounds of weight to a super car and say it’s the same as 500 pounds of downforce at speed. Although I wish it was that easy :p
Sponsored

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Sigh... I didn’t think I had to put “/s” at the end of that statement

Y’all take yourselves way too seriously.
That's the weird thing about the internet. Some people actually will say some things that might be completely stupid and completely mean it in a non-sarcastic way. Sarcasm tends to rarely work very well on the internet, especially if it's something that can be misconstrued as a misconception.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I forget that context is always lost when typing. Ugh. I guess there really is a use for emoticons

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I honestly don't understand how a wing would keep someone from buying a car. The "widebody", fake vents, hood scoop and vortex generators are OK...but the wing?? Oh no...too much. CTR looks neutered without the wing. Get an Si or a sport hatch instead.
I disagree.

The wing can be the element too much for sure.
The vents, widebody etc, are enough to differentiate the CTR from the normal hatch.
Those elements make the car look bulkier/wider and for some thats enough.
Without the wing I dont think it looks neutered, especially compared to the normal hatch.
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR wing removal / deletion solution 64954729-2402071209856983-3039507458700607488-o

OP
OP
J o n

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Picked up my car last night with 6 mi on it...
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR wing removal / deletion solution iMPzdvv

At 12 mi...
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR wing removal / deletion solution 8Xc9Hqk

The tape is temporary. Cleaner wing mount will be installed and then will develop even cleaner covers with 3d printing
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR wing removal / deletion solution 9CndgCX

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR wing removal / deletion solution V4fu4T0

Last edited:

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can’t these be leveled out with some putty then maybe apply some small Honda racing decals over them to make the delete look cleaner?

Congrats on the new purchase by the way!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a good way to make the R look like dung.

OP
OP
J o n

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can’t these be leveled out with some putty then maybe apply some small Honda racing decals over them to make the delete look cleaner?

Congrats on the new purchase by the way!
This is a good way to make the R look like dung.
The tape is temporary. Cleaner wing mount will be installed and then will develop even cleaner covers with 3d printing

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on your new purchase! Your wingless CTR looks great!

J C H

First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I like the look of your wingless CTR, Jon. Truth be told after having mine for a week I removed the spoiler. I put it back on because I couldn’t come up with a satisfactory solution for the holes. I considered buying a hatch without them, but since my car is CW like yours I’d have to have it painted; it just wasn’t worth the money for me. I’m eagerly waiting to see how the 3D printed solution looks.

OP
OP
J o n

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like the look of your wingless CTR, Jon. Truth be told after having mine for a week I removed the spoiler. I put it back on because I couldn’t come up with a satisfactory solution for the holes. I considered buying a hatch without them, but since my car is CW like yours I’d have to have it painted; it just wasn’t worth the money for me. I’m eagerly waiting to see how the 3D printed solution looks.
I'll keep this thread updated with the solutions I utilize. 1st I'm going to do more discrete round vinyl pieces for each hole, rather than tape. Then play with with plugs that will potentially fit.

APR performance will only sell wing mounts to existing APR wing owners. Proof of purchase required as well.

When my buddy and myself have schedules that agree with each other, I'll have him attempt to print some covers

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Good thread. Pretty much all has been covered.

Not interested in removing the wing. While the CTRs styling is silly and over the top, it looks worse without the wing. It still looks silly and over the top without the wing. But that’s certainly a personal perspective.

I would get some matte black plugs for the hatch and call it a day. If you want color matched plugs, maybe bumperplugs.com would fit or they might make some color matched one-off plugs for you.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would never remove the wing that's why I upgraded to the Honda CF wing. If I did remove it Would definitely pay the little extra to fill the holes and paint if I had no intentions of ever placing it back on the car while I owned it.
Sponsored