CTR vs 2020 GT-R Nismo

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR vs 2020 GT-R Nismo ?q=70&w=1440&url=https:%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F04%2Fexterior_03

Anybody notice any similarities here? :D
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Sorry but it isn't a copy of the Type R. Nissan has been doing this for a long time, longer than the Type R for sure. Honda didn't trademark the red pinstripe at the bottom, it's just a design. If anything the Type R "copied" Nissan.

OP
OP
catspaw

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
Ok? I wasn't implying that Nissan 'copied' Honda or anything of that sort - just that there are some similarities between the styling of the Nismo GTR and the CTR. Fake vents up front, 'carbon' lip spoiler, red pin striping on the ground effects, jet black 20's standard, the black vents on the fender flares, even the little emblem on the grill. And so forth.

OP
OP
catspaw

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
Pretty much since 2015, yep - though for some reason the latest iteration really reminded me of what was sitting in my own garage. Obviously the resemblance is cursory, but I thought it was neat nonetheless.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
Ok? I wasn't implying that Nissan 'copied' Honda or anything of that sort - just that there are some similarities between the styling of the Nismo GTR and the CTR. Fake vents up front, 'carbon' lip spoiler, red pin striping on the ground effects, jet black 20's standard, the black vents on the fender flares, even the little emblem on the grill. And so forth.
OP tried to implied the GTR Nismo copied the CTR. Got called out by his peers because they know cars and appreciate cars other than Honda.

OP
OP
catspaw

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
Since you're obviously a mental giant, show me where I "tried to implied" the GTR copied the CTR.

Also I guess you're trying to imply that I'm a Honda fanboy? :dunno: Never mind the fact that I've owned an RX-8 for the past 15 years? But it's cool, go ahead - you were about to show me where I said Nissan copied Honda.

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The vents on the back of the front fenders look most similar. Regardless, the GT-R looks way better in my eyes.
The CTR is a great car for what it is but I will agree the GT-R is better looking and it being a coupe also

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I have a Type-R but the GT-R is fucking awesome and I'd take one any day over mine, but I can't swing that kind of money unless I wanted to live in a box.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since you're obviously a mental giant, show me where I "tried to implied" the GTR copied the CTR.

Also I guess you're trying to imply that I'm a Honda fanboy? :dunno: Never mind the fact that I've owned an RX-8 for the past 15 years? But it's cool, go ahead - you were about to show me where I said Nissan copied Honda.
hey bro... nothing wrong to be a Honda fanboy at the honda CTR forum. They can say it all day long, let them be..

I am a Type R fanboy, but I will take the GTR in a heartbeat. Only problem is I cant afford the car!! haha..
To me, Type R is the best car in it's price tag. Sure there is tons of car out there better and faster but they are usually priced double as much.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
i think the black hood and flare scoops make it look to busy. smoothen them up and make it body color, and it is quite a beauty.

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ FK8, AP1 S2000, F-150, YZF-R6
Country flag
GTR > Type R! lol I love the type R and I'm gonna keep it forever but I definitely plan on getting a GTR down the road.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I see the resemblance. They both have 4 wheels.
Sponsored