CTR RMM

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
After driving with the new addition for a few days and about 100 miles I’m still impressed with the added tightness I feel in the front end and the shifting with almost no added NVH. I did add the CTR subframe brace at the same time since I was under there so maybe that contributed as well. The one thing I noticed is that on startup it’s a little more harsh with the initial kick but I’m sure it’s no different in the CTR itself. Had the AC on one drive and didn’t notice any added NVH like some have reported with stiffer aftermarket mounts. Again I would highly recommend this to all Si owners since it’s cheap, OEM, and easy to install.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it eliminate wheelhop too?I noticed some say with the insert from Perrin it completely removed the wheel hop.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Does it eliminate wheelhop too?I noticed some say with the insert from Perrin it completely removed the wheel hop.
Since it's still rubber and has some voids, it's not going to eliminate it but reduce it a good amount versus the Si RMM. To eliminate it you would have to go with an aftermarket solution like the inserts or a solid mount. I didn't go with the CTR version to deal with wheel hop. I just wanted to improve the shifting experience and connectedness to the chasis.

Trevor_Brown

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si / 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed the perrin rmm inserts yesterday and I can say with confidence that the wheel hop is completely gone. There is slight vibration, pretty similar to the 62a rmm but it’s not really “broken in” yet either. It sure feels damn good driving though.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
i can also vouch for the perrin inserts giving no wheel hop. so much better. shifting feels much better too. it does vibrate a bit with the ac on at first. hopefully this summer it will be broken in enough and smooth out. i would buy them again.

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
After driving with the new addition for a few days and about 100 miles I’m still impressed with the added tightness I feel in the front end and the shifting with almost no added NVH. I did add the CTR subframe brace at the same time since I was under there so maybe that contributed as well. The one thing I noticed is that on startup it’s a little more harsh with the initial kick but I’m sure it’s no different in the CTR itself. Had the AC on one drive and didn’t notice any added NVH like some have reported with stiffer aftermarket mounts. Again I would highly recommend this to all Si owners since it’s cheap, OEM, and easy to install.
Part # for the CTR RMM?