CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just did a survey from Honda. And the question they asked after every issue, "Did you take/report it to Honda, or turn it in for service? I checked No. I don't want my car to be a guinea pig, and have it sit in a back lot for 3 or 4 weeks, waiting on a part that takes 2 minutes to put in.
-drop it off at Honda
-diagnosed issue
-Parts not available
-wait 3 weeks for parts
-fixed potential issue
-a day later, or drive home from dealer a different malfunction
-drop it off at Honda
-diagnosed issue
-ask other Techs around the Globe if they seen it
-Goober from Mayberry says it is the battery
-Parts not available
-wait 3 weeks for parts
-fixed potential issue
Get the car back at Christmas time, while driving a car that isn't a Type R
Sponsored

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
710 miles on mines last 4 of vin is 0403 no issues yet on mines. *knock on wood* Definitely will update if anything does happen. I definitely have the non heat shrunk single zip tie deal at the plug :(

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_1255.JPG

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
710 miles on mines last 4 of vin is 0403 no issues yet on mines. *knock on wood* Definitely will update if anything does happen. I definitely have the non heat shrunk single zip tie deal at the plug :(

IMG_1255.JPG
Unfortunately I think it's just a matter of time. A buddy just got the same issue.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Unfortunately I think it's just a matter of time. A buddy just got the same issue.
I think so as well. I have a friend that works at Honda ready to bring in that a02 revised harness just in case. I guess I'll have to just drive it and enjoy it before it decides to act up.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
Glad i am getting the 2018

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
o_O Didnt you give up and get a bmw?
yeah the GM couldnt let it go for 600.00 less than what i was willing to pay so i said screw them, i can play the mind games too and wait .

The X1 X35i is a great crossover however the 6speed with the N55 engine isnt all that compared to the 8 speed. I just found out that my dealer is getting two type Rs before November which will make me 2nd on the list at MSRP , i can wait until spring/summer or fall 2018 for my color of choice and all the accessories i want without any price gouging.

Do you think i should say screw it and get that BMW X1 Msport fully loaded ? They are willing to sell it for 25.9k before tax. I know with a Dinan Chip and downpipe i would destroy most muscle cars off the line
with almost 400 torque after a flash it would be the perfect city car. I doubt many people can take a Type R to its full potential anyway on the Streets.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
I dont know.. ive always been a honda "fanboy" i guess. Always bought honda, didnt need a new car but type r came out so i had to get it. I get 15% discount on audi, i could def get a nice ride.. but i like hondas.. easy choice for me

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont know.. ive always been a honda "fanboy" i guess. Always bought honda, didnt need a new car but type r came out so i had to get it. I get 15% discount on audi, i could def get a nice ride.. but i like hondas.. easy choice for me
It's a great car for the money , just not sure how anyone can drive a type r to its full potential on a street. Maybe a on or off ramp getting off the highway lol. That's about it really.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
It's a great car for the money , just not sure how anyone can drive a type r to its full potential on a street. Maybe a on or off ramp getting off the highway lol. That's about it really.
That's true of just about every sports/performance car on the market, to a greater or lesser degree. Exceptions: the Miata and maybe the GT86/BRZ.... you can actually exploit their full potential on occasion without needing a track or miles of deserted, cop-free rural roads.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a crazy good deal for a X1 X35i (if it is fully loaded)!! Not only does it have power, great handling, and classy, but it has the practicality. If you want a reduction, I would personally ask for a 450 decrease on price; either way, it is a great deal.
It's fully loaded with all packages with red leather and that signature blue metallic , has all the m sport features , paddles , suspension, tech, Parking assist , etc... the best they will do is 25.9k :( before tax for a 2015. Has 35k miles . The only thing that irks me is the 6 speed auto . Not the 8 speed which is only in the x3 or 28 I x1.

I think with a simple dinan chip for 1k, I can get 360/396 about 288hp /327 to AWD to the wheels. I like that button you can press to automatically push in the side view mirrors , hill descent , heated seats , panaramic sun roof. It's a nice little crossover. With a down pipe and CAI probably hit high 12s or low 13s 1/4

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
Dammnit, I got the same plug. Vin 1650

IMG_0519.JPG

Do these guys trim their ty-raps with garden shears???? Every photo I have seen has this ugly tag sticking out that will cut you as soon as you get near it. Cut the damn thing off flush will ya!

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Do these guys trim their ty-raps with garden shears???? Every photo I have seen has this ugly tag sticking out that will cut you as soon as you get near it. Cut the damn thing off flush will ya!
I know, right?! I spent years working on aircraft, and if I ever left a cable tie cut like that I'd have slapped myself, never mind anyone else having to do it as a gentle reminder. Great way to have someone rip their hands to bits, just like leaving the cut end of locking wire sticking out as a booby trap.
:doh:
Sponsored