CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
I just picked up my car last week, and by the images Mine looks like it has the new harness. Ill take a pic in the am to make sure 100%
Sponsored

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Yup, looks like new one. Dont have vin on me at the moment.. my number is r-1444
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_1859.JPG

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Yup, looks like new one. Dont have vin on me at the moment.. my number is r-1444
IMG_1859.JPG
What do you mean you don't have your VIN on you? Lol

Also, it looks like someone marked the zip tie with green ink. Guessing that means it passed some type of inspection.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
:thumbsup:I took pic earlier.. im in bed like an oldman thats what i mean haha. But shows all new type r's will have updated harness thankfully

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Mine looks like the old?
VIN 1056
4/17 build date

IMG_2920.JPG
Looks like you have the old. It doesn't have the grey shrink tape and the extra zip tie to keep the yellow/blue wires from moving. I wonder if you can just do the same reinforcement yourself?

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
I love it. It appears the dark side has a strong presence on this forum! There are quite a few sith lords who own the CTR
The limitless evil of the dark side of the force is clearly in evidence in that picture.

I mean, just look how he's parked. :eek:

vade_R

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW type-R, 04' suzuka blue s2000, 13' sakhir orange ///M5, 16' graphite grey escalade esv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got the new harness on friday, (after being without the car for 2 days, at least honda did provide a rental)..... car broke again on saturday (one day after), but this time wayyyy worse!!, car was misfiring all the way back to the dealer, stalled several times.... not good...... the say its the air mass sensor this time, and with no ETA, who knows when i'll get my car back, so pissed guys...

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
got the new harness on friday, (after being without the car for 2 days, at least honda did provide a rental)..... car broke again on saturday (one day after), but this time wayyyy worse!!, car was misfiring all the way back to the dealer, stalled several times.... not good...... the say its the air mass sensor this time, and with no ETA, who knows when i'll get my car back, so pissed guys...
Did you have them pull the misfire count with the OBD hookup? It even stalled while driving? Man that's bad.

Wonder if they left the MAF detached or broken. If they can get a new one quick, maybe it will be a quick fix?

Lord Vade_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R 1996 Civic Hatch
Dang bro sounds bad. Hopefully they didn't screw something up. From what I gather installing the harness is pretty complicated. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Lord Vade_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R 1996 Civic Hatch
Do you know if it was the master tech that did your new harness. I can't stress how important it is to try to get the master tech to at least be involved in your repairs. There are so few of our cars out there and these guys are basically learning on your car. I have been lucky even though I didn't buy my car from my local dealer they have been really good in terms of any issues I have had.
Sponsored