CTR owners in Richmond, Va area?

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I think the next ones the 23rd I'm going to that one if I get my exhaust done by then
Sounds good, I'm planning on being at the next one as long as it's a tad warmer out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
diakonia

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Sounds good, I'm planning on being at the next one as long as it's a tad warmer out.
It was good to meet you Saturday. I hope to be at the next cars and coffee too. Yes, let’s hope it’s a little warmer... Alan

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Late to this thread. Im in richmond. Picked up the Blue one from Pearson back in december. Pushed them to MSRP, told them they were on the naughty list on this forum. I work out in innsbrook. I saw a white one on my lunch break. Pretty much only one I have seen on the road in the area since they have been out.

I got hit in a parking lot last month..only 3 weeks of ownership. I get her back next week from the shop. Planning to catch cars and coffee after that.

Can find me on IG @typerdad as well!

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Late to this thread. Im in richmond. Picked up the Blue one from Pearson back in december. Pushed them to MSRP, told them they were on the naughty list on this forum. I work out in innsbrook. I saw a white one on my lunch break. Pretty much only one I have seen on the road in the area since they have been out.

I got hit in a parking lot last month..only 3 weeks of ownership. I get her back next week from the shop. Planning to catch cars and coffee after that.

Good deal!! Surprised at Pearson...they can be hard nosed. Bought my Si there. I’ve not seen a white one. Just diatonia”s black one and mine. I won’t make the next C&C next Saturday (23rd), but the other guys might. Last weeks was a lot of fun...just way cold. I should make March 9th though.

Hit in a parking lot after 3 weeks!? Dang. That’s rough. Sounds like it did some damage if you’re just getting it back.

Anyway. Better late than never. Look forward to meeting you sometime.

OP
OP
diakonia

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Chris, good to meet another local CTR owner. I put Pearson Honda on the naughty list when the sales manager wouldn’t come off of his $5000 ADM in December 2017. I was on the top of their list after 4 months of searching when Shawn my sales guy called me and said he had a black one coming in. Perfect that’s the color I want! I live 10 minutes from Pearson so I went there only to be disappointed. I felt bad for Shawn too because he lost the deal. The next guy on the list was willing to pay the ADM unfortunately. Sorry to hear about yours getting hit in the parking lot. Especially only after having the car for 3 weeks! I bent all 4 of my rims recently. After having my rims fixed, I bought new all season tires with a 35 profile. Much better ride now. I wished I would’ve bought these tires when I first bought the car. I can show you when we meet up. What part of town do you live in? Other than Jonathan’s I’ve only seen one other CTR on the road. Alan

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Good deal!! Surprised at Pearson...they can be hard nosed. Bought my Si there. I’ve not seen a white one. Just diatonia”s black one and mine. I won’t make the next C&C next Saturday (23rd), but the other guys might. Last weeks was a lot of fun...just way cold. I should make March 9th though.

Hit in a parking lot after 3 weeks!? Dang. That’s rough. Sounds like it did some damage if you’re just getting it back.

Anyway. Better late than never. Look forward to meeting you sometime.
Awesome. Hoping to make it out soon so we will definitely have to sync up.

Actually only had the car officially a week today. Waited to take until parts were in etc so they didnt have it forever. It was about $4k in damage though. Damage wasnt visually too crazy though but never a good feeling seeing your girl damaged.

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Chris, good to meet another local CTR owner. I put Pearson Honda on the naughty list when the sales manager wouldn’t come off of his $5000 ADM in December 2017. I was on the top of their list after 4 months of searching when Shawn my sales guy called me and said he had a black one coming in. Perfect that’s the color I want! I live 10 minutes from Pearson so I went there only to be disappointed. I felt bad for Shawn too because he lost the deal. The next guy on the list was willing to pay the ADM unfortunately. Sorry to hear about yours getting hit in the parking lot. Especially only after having the car for 3 weeks! I bent all 4 of my rims recently. After having my rims fixed, I bought new all season tires with a 35 profile. Much better ride now. I wished I would’ve bought these tires when I first bought the car. I can show you when we meet up. What part of town do you live in? Other than Jonathan’s I’ve only seen one other CTR on the road. Alan
Thanks Alan. I checked with pearson a bunch too and they would not come off that ADM as you stated. My sales guy was a guy named Sean as well. His manager was giving him a hard time about the deal too but I was like I am here now with the money. Take it or leave it. They didnt have anyone waiting to buy the car. I was top of list for colonial honda but the never got a Blue one in.

I am definitely nervous about the rims. I did get the warranty on them at least but I am planning to go up to 35s as well. I still want to get an extra set of wheels for winter as well since it is my daily and I head to the mountains often.

Look forward to meeting up for sure!

OP
OP
diakonia

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks Alan. I checked with pearson a bunch too and they would not come off that ADM as you stated. My sales guy was a guy named Sean as well. His manager was giving him a hard time about the deal too but I was like I am here now with the money. Take it or leave it. They didnt have anyone waiting to buy the car. I was top of list for colonial honda but the never got a Blue one in.

I am definitely nervous about the rims. I did get the warranty on them at least but I am planning to go up to 35s as well. I still want to get an extra set of wheels for winter as well since it is my daily and I head to the mountains often.

Look forward to meeting up for sure!
Chris, yes Sean is a good hard working guy. He and I stayed in touch through my whole (4-month) search for my CTR. His sales manager let us both down. I bought the extra wheel warranty too. I was on Rt 250 in Afton, Va when I came upon road maintence where they scrape old asphalt down and replace it. Instead of a gradual transition, it was a hard one inch lip. Wam-Wam! I was very fortunate that the tires held air. Here is a video of how bent my rims were. This is when I got my 35 profile tires.

My warranty had the option to repair my rims before they would replace them. Here is the company that fixed my rims. They did an awesome job. Check out some of their before/after photos. https://www.awrswheelrepair.com/richmond/

Looks like we are looking at rain all day Saturday. I guess we will see on Friday. What part of town are you in? I am in the Winterpock area. Alan

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Chris, yes Sean is a good hard working guy. He and I stayed in touch through my whole (4-month) search for my CTR. His sales manager let us both down. I bought the extra wheel warranty too. I was on Rt 250 in Afton, Va when I came upon road maintence where they scrape old asphalt down and replace it. Instead of a gradual transition, it was a hard one inch lip. Wam-Wam! I was very fortunate that the tires held air. Here is a video of how bent my rims were. This is when I got my 35 profile tires.

My warranty had the option to repair my rims before they would replace them. Here is the company that fixed my rims. They did an awesome job. Check out some of their before/after photos. https://www.awrswheelrepair.com/richmond/

Looks like we are looking at rain all day Saturday. I guess we will see on Friday. What part of town are you in? I am in the Winterpock area. Alan
Thats nuts! I am in mechanicsville. I grew up in chesterfield, matoaca actually so I am familiar with your area.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was good to meet you Saturday. I hope to be at the next cars and coffee too. Yes, let’s hope it’s a little warmer... Alan
Nope rain and snow lol

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I think i will be rolling out there tom pending the rain is cleared up. Going to be cold again but I am itching to make an appearance. Maybe see you guys out there.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not going to make it.
Sponsored