lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
Any of you fellow NC peeps buy your CTR out of state with a NC registered trade in? How did it work? Take the plates off your trade in and then put those on the CTR then you just file paperwork to switch the vehicle listed on those tags? Then pay taxes to state bought in and also NC? Help is appreciated.

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2014 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any of you fellow NC peeps buy your CTR out of state with a NC registered trade in? How did it work? Take the plates off your trade in and then put those on the CTR then you just file paperwork to switch the vehicle listed on those tags? Then pay taxes to state bought in and also NC? Help is appreciated.
Bought ours in WV. They had to put a temp WV plate on since they were not a NC neighboring state. We paid the NC vehicle tax at the time of purchase. Then we did the plate transfer with the NC DMV. If you buy in a neighboring state I am fairly certain they could handle a straight plate transfer for you.

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
Bought ours in WV. They had to put a temp WV plate on since they were not a NC neighboring state. We paid the NC vehicle tax at the time of purchase. Then we did the plate transfer with the NC DMV. If you buy in a neighboring state I am fairly certain they could handle a straight plate transfer for you.
You paid NC tax at time of purchase? Not WV tax?

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. When I dealt with the NC DMV it was only for the plate transfer.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Question for those who have paid property taxes on their R's can you message me what it cost (if you are uncomfortable with posting it here)? trying to plan ahead for additional costs of ownership. I appreciate it

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Question for those who have paid property taxes on their R's can you message me what it cost (if you are uncomfortable with posting it here)? trying to plan ahead for additional costs of ownership. I appreciate it
Property taxes??? That's for houses are you referring to sales tax?

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Property taxes??? That's for houses are you referring to sales tax?
NC Does property taxes on car tabs. I lived there for a year, and it made no sense. But it's better than WA's inflated 'car value' tax. *shudder*

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
That will vary based on what county the car is registered in. There is a guy on this thread in clayton where you are so he might be able to ball park pretty close. Nothing really private about it as it is all public that you can look up online by the persons full name and some basic info on them or at least you used to be able to look it up. haha

As far as it goes though for the first year they base it exactly on purchase price and then years on they have some deprecation formula. Key is and thing to note on you could pay a different property tax on the same car as your neighbor if the purchase price is different. They won't depreciate to the same value. haha I found that odd and funny.

Great link and the person can just grab a random VIN from a R listing and bang they got what they are looking foe a good estimate. Thumbs up on the link!

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
Finally got one! PMM #17012. Had my wife complete the deal for me since I’m deployed so it’s sitting ready for me to get back. I ended up finding a deal in Rhode Island(my home state is Connecticut). I’m stationed in Jacksonville,NC so that’s where she’ll be seen out and about later this year when I get back. Look forward to some possible meets.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Finally got one! PMM #17012. Had my wife complete the deal for me since I’m deployed so it’s sitting ready for me to get back. I ended up finding a deal in Rhode Island(my home state is Connecticut). I’m stationed in Jacksonville,NC so that’s where she’ll be seen out and about later this year when I get back. Look forward to some possible meets.
First thank you for your service. Second congrats on finding one and hopefully at MSRP. haha

lockednloaded

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
First thank you for your service. Second congrats on finding one and hopefully at MSRP. haha
I got them down to $36,095. But I qualified for $500 military incentive and $500 recent college degree. So all in all $35,095 for the car. Not too shabby!
Sponsored