CTR - Is there still a waiting list?

jdog336

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Hi, I am currently in the market to buy a CTR, I live in Toronto, Canada. Was wondering if anyone has recently purchased one in the area and if they were put on a wait list?
Sponsored

aytaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Out here in Calgary, I just had to put down a deposit and wait for it to come.

Luckily we don't have to deal with ADM up here.

specter86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, CTR arrives in Jan!
Country flag
In June I was put on a waiting/call list at the local Honda dealer by me.
On October 31st I got a call saying they have received a vin, I was the next to be called to see if I was still intrested, I immediately went down and made a down payment/deposit.
Now Iā€™m playing the waiting game, last I heard (last Friday) it was still in transit in Illinois (Iā€™m in Washington state) my delivery date is 1/30-2/4.
This has been such a long wait...getting close!

I guess a lot of people put their names on the list but when called they either say not intrested (since waiting so long) or never call back. According to the dealer, I was the 4th person in an hour they called for this one, which worked out well for me since I live close by and had a check ready and waiting
3k dealer mark up too for my 2019

cococly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Out here in Calgary, I just had to put down a deposit and wait for it to come.

Luckily we don't have to deal with ADM up here.
Quite a few 2018 leftovers here in Vancouver, BC. Most are charging for mandatory dealer accessories and the stupid $3000 Carbon Fibre tag-on package (which doesn't save weighs at all )

One of them sitting in a local Honda dealer's lot was R-14xxx, that car must have sat there since Spring of 2018.

I got mine at MSRP in Nov 2018, as I randomly emailed a local Honda Dealer, and they said they had one in-stock that morning, so I rushed there to see the car and paid the deposit all within 1 hour.

movovr

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There are a few 2018ā€™s available at the various Winnipeg Honda dealers. Or were a few days ago when I randomly checked to see what they had. I got mine in September 2018 as they received a shipment of 4 white and 1 red. Love the red. Love the car. Good luck.

okaida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R-26048, 2016 VW Golf R
Country flag
There are 2018s available throughout Canada but they all seem to have dealer added on accessories to mark up the price by about 5k. I preordered a 2019 model but open to a 2018 if I could get a good deal on one. So far, no one I've contacted about their 2018 is willing to deal. The best offer I got on a 2018 was $46k, my 2019 is $47k. Good luck with the search.

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 RR CTR, ā€˜16 Audi Q5
Country flag
In June I was put on a waiting/call list at the local Honda dealer by me.
On October 31st I got a call saying they have received a vin, I was the next to be called to see if I was still intrested, I immediately went down and made a down payment/deposit.
Now Iā€™m playing the waiting game, last I heard (last Friday) it was still in transit in Illinois (Iā€™m in Washington state) my delivery date is 1/30-2/4.
This has been such a long wait...getting close!

I guess a lot of people put their names on the list but when called they either say not intrested (since waiting so long) or never call back. According to the dealer, I was the 4th person in an hour they called for this one, which worked out well for me since I live close by and had a check ready and waiting
3k dealer mark up too for my 2019
Almost exactly my situation. Declined a car in October and now the color I wanted is scheduled to be delivered by Feb 7th!

Nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Picked mine up in Ottawa below MSRP. Had to dance between two dealerships but managed to get the color and price I wanted in the end. They had two on the lot one had just come in and still had the foam on it.

Acc0rd79

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2013 Nissan GTR, 2001 Honda Prelude, 1991 Honda Prelude Si
Country flag
I was having to put my name on a car here in Florida but then they wouldn't budge on install fees of those mandatory accessories. The next day the Honda dealer in Tampa called and went from 2k over to 400 over msrp with the standard accessories and I jumped on it! Going to pick it up this weekend. In Florida, most dealers are saying MSRP and then you ask for the numbers and bam they hit you with a few thousand in ADM!!! Liars.

aytaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Quite a few 2018 leftovers here in Vancouver, BC. Most are charging for mandatory dealer accessories and the stupid $3000 Carbon Fibre tag-on package (which doesn't save weighs at all )

One of them sitting in a local Honda dealer's lot was R-14xxx, that car must have sat there since Spring of 2018.

I got mine at MSRP in Nov 2018, as I randomly emailed a local Honda Dealer, and they said they had one in-stock that morning, so I rushed there to see the car and paid the deposit all within 1 hour.
Yeah luckily my dealership just let you pay MSRP with nothing tacked on. No movement on the price, but I knew that going in.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi, I am currently in the market to buy a CTR, I live in Toronto, Canada. Was wondering if anyone has recently purchased one in the area and if they were put on a wait list?
Hey there is a new White one for sale no wait list at Windsor Honda. I know its a bit of a drive but you can get it right away no wait. I am sure other dealers also have them available maybe a bit closer.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Yeah luckily my dealership just let you pay MSRP with nothing tacked on. No movement on the price, but I knew that going in.
Same here!!

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
there alot of 2018's on the lots brand new
if you want a 2019 then yes you just got to buy it..deposit down and wait till it arrives.
you will get a car, there is no list persay... as in get on list and wait to see if you even get the car.
Sponsored