Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Happy new year, everyone. Now that my week is dimming down, I can officially say I am an owner of a 2019 CW CTR, purchased from Huggins Honda. It is #22485. To get to the point, it wasn't straight up MSRP, but with accessories (cargo trunk tray, wheel locks, even front+back tints, illuminated console and door sills). The accessories were priced a little much to be honest, but I was starting to get worried with upcoming economics and where it might take me being able to secure this car financially. I was originally 10th on the wait list as of early December, somehow got called around the 30th from the sales person that @Vanct referred to me that I am now next in line. When I asked, a lot of people either dropped from the list, wanting other colors, finding other deals, or spent from the holidays. I decided to go with it since it also saves me the road trip driving the car back to DFW.

I was also able to get the wheel/tire coverage that is similar to what is being offered in this thread. The coverage does include bent wheel, tire damage, and cosmetics. I'll scan the coverage doc if it helps anyone. Just let me know.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Dealership Nice List for Texas Area upload_2019-1-4_20-2-16
Sponsored

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Happy new year, everyone. Now that my week is dimming down, I can officially say I am an owner of a 2019 CW CTR, purchased from Huggins Honda. It is #22485. To get to the point, it wasn't straight up MSRP, but with accessories (cargo trunk tray, wheel locks, even front+back tints, illuminated console and door sills)
Congrats, how do you like the CTR so far? Would you like to share the overall drive out? if not, that's okay too.

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
@keiothic congrats man, I can't believe you were bumped up next in line after just a few weeks and that none of the other 9 were interested in CW! There's no telling if Honda is just going to keep bumping up the MSRP price of this car, so even though you paid extra now, there's a chance you would have paid about as much in the future.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Congrats, how do you like the CTR so far? Would you like to share the overall drive out? if not, that's okay too.
Hmm... I rather keep the finance stuff private. The dealership experience was above average. They treat the car with great care and comply to my demands such as no wash or front plate license holes. Driving the car home was a blast and it didn't take long for my left foot to come alive again, after skipping a generation with an auto Mazda3. Can definitely feel the road with these tires. Still trying to determine whether my anxiousness with driving the car is because it's a recently-acquired possession or excitement generated by the car's performance.

Sorry if I don't quite answer your question, Leehom.

@keiothic congrats man, I can't believe you were bumped up next in line after just a few weeks and that none of the other 9 were interested in CW! There's no telling if Honda is just going to keep bumping up the MSRP price of this car, so even though you paid extra now, there's a chance you would have paid about as much in the future.
Thanks, Vanct! I didn't quite get the savings you did but black friday is not every friday haha. Your friend did say at the beginning that I could've optioned the CTR's 2 accessories they always throw in with the sale, but at the end, they put 2 of the console and door sill lights prior to contacting me. I couldn't convince him to throw in another 1 for free since that was a broken promise lol. Kinda wanted the wireless charger pad, but whatever.

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
Still trying to determine whether my anxiousness with driving the car is because it's a recently-acquired possession or excitement generated by the car's performance.
I think it's the latter for me. With other cars it was a feeling of excitement when I got them. But with the Type R, I would describe it almost like dread. For the first month, I've been nervous driving it every weekend. It gets even more nerve wracking feeling every precise shift and getting on it a bit while whipping it out of a sharp corner just knowing you're only seeing the tip of the iceberg with this car's performance capabilities.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
It will increase marginally if anything like most cars, nothing substantial. Bottom line is he got fleeced for the add ons.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
If anyone wants a great Type R in Houston / Texas - check out the used one at STerling Mccall toyota down by greatwood / sugarland. Drove and enjoyed it but took a pass on it. PM me for details / sales guy to work with if interested.

Cheaper than a new one, only 570 miles on it.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
It will increase marginally if anything like most cars, nothing substantial. Bottom line is he got fleeced for the add ons.
Fleeced?

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
As in not a good deal.

By taking on the $2500 in add ons that probably cost the dealer $450. So an ADM was paid and I’m sure they also made them finance at the dealer with them giving a higher than usual rate.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
As in not a good deal.

By taking on the $2500 in add ons that probably cost the dealer $450. So an ADM was paid and I’m sure they also made them finance at the dealer with them giving a higher than usual rate.
This is accurate. When dealerships say 'well we're selling at MSRP as long as you take the extras we put on for 2k' they are still charging an ADM. Cost of any of these 'dealer packages anyone in this thread has been saying they are ok with would cost MAYBE 250 bucks to put in at best including materials.

So 'extras' is just a creative way to get an ADM out of someone that is not willing to if it's that kind of line item. MSRP is just that, purchasing the car for MSRP with no extras or below. Anything outside of that is an ADM and if you paid 2500 then financed with them, yes you were probably fleeced as it were, but if you're happy and have the money it is what it is and enjoy the car.

You live and learn...

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Thanks! To be honest, it was more than that in add-ons, but at this point of time, my math is
high cost add-ons * low(er) interest rate = low cost add-on (or perhaps no add-on) * high(er) interest rate.

I suppose I would be happy either way, but as Napalm is saying, people need to factor time of enjoyment into it as well. Nothing is wrong with waiting, but I figure 3 years wait (since Fk2 days) is long enough for me for a slight overpay.

scottjua

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru STI, 2019 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
Hmm... I rather keep the finance stuff private. The dealership experience was above average. They treat the car with great care and comply to my demands such as no wash or front plate license holes. Driving the car home was a blast and it didn't take long for my left foot to come alive again, after skipping a generation with an auto Mazda3. Can definitely feel the road with these tires. Still trying to determine whether my anxiousness with driving the car is because it's a recently-acquired possession or excitement generated by the car's performance.

Sorry if I don't quite answer your question, Leehom.

Thanks, Vanct! I didn't quite get the savings you did but black friday is not every friday haha. Your friend did say at the beginning that I could've optioned the CTR's 2 accessories they always throw in with the sale, but at the end, they put 2 of the console and door sill lights prior to contacting me. I couldn't convince him to throw in another 1 for free since that was a broken promise lol. Kinda wanted the wireless charger pad, but whatever.

Actually it was me who passed on it before they called you. I was pretty annoyed with their attitude over the phone about how it being a rare car, etc. and that no matter what, everyone in Texas was asking a markup and getting it all day long. Not only is that false, I found two dealers in Texas, one in DFW willing to sell at MSRP on the same day.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Actually it was me who passed on it before they called you. I was pretty annoyed with their attitude over the phone about how it being a rare car, etc. and that no matter what, everyone in Texas was asking a markup and getting it all day long. Not only is that false, I found two dealers in Texas, one in DFW willing to sell at MSRP on the same day.
I got that experience from their finance guy for sure. Trying to put a fear factor into the engine falling apart if I don't get covered.

TBH, my sales person was pushy with me to deal at the end of December, but I had family events and they finally succumbed. I feel like mostly the dealership manager wanting to make yearly quota, though I'm not doubting the sales person himself.

Mind sharing the DFW dealer willing to MSRP? Perhaps others can get on it if you're already are.

scottjua

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru STI, 2019 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
Just wanted to Update. We picked up a Sonic Gray Pearl From David McDavid Frisco yesterday. The deal was satisfactory and we didn't pay a 5K markup so we're happy. The following is the long version:

Earlier in the day we test drove a CW 2017 with 34xxK miles on it at Rusty Wallis in Garland. They wanted above sticker @ 38K plus 2800 in dealer add-ons. It had an Injen Cold Air intake, brakes didn't feel as solid as they should have, and it had some minor cosmetic damage to the lip spoiler, and a couple of scuffs from doors on the fender (which probably would have polished out). They were VERY motivated to sell it... but not by lowering the price... In the end, the salesman was very cool, but the management did put the pressure on with the now or never deal tactics. We were genuinely interested, but we wanted to see the SGP color in person first before making a decision, and see if a new one could be had for LESS than a used one. They gave us a CarFax report on the used 2017 and funny enough I discovered that I saw the exact same car at Subaru in Plano in December... and they were asking 39K then. Carfax showed it had a single owner in Houston who only kept it for 6+ moths, and then it was shuffled from dealer to dealer via auction. Weird...

Anyway, I tell that story to flesh out the 2019 we got at David McDavid. DMD was willing to come off their 5K market adjustment. We worked it so that they would give us more for our trade, throw in tint and all weather mats it would all but zero out the remainder of their markup. We were pretty happy overall and got where we wanted to. We also received some free additions to the extended warranties we purchased too. So another decent amount in warranties that was free for us, give us some security, and doesn't cost them much in the end. It turned out to be much less expensive than the USED one at RW. The fact that they had two on the lot at the time may have played into that... as they really wanted to move one or both sooner than later. They had a CW and the SGP we took. We had a hard time deciding on color. Anyway... went there this morning to drop off some stuff, and didn't see the CW any more.

My advice... if you see a specific dealer has more than one in stock... that's your chance to negate the stupid market adjustment.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Congrats, @scottjua! probably the first SGP in DFW area. Last dealership I checked sitting on 2 CTRs were kinda stingy with the ADM on the latest year model they have; granted they were both new 2018 and '19. The used CTRs are crazy priced right now that I think it's better to grab new if obtainable. I think I tested the same 2017 CW CTR. Thank you for confirming with me that the sound I was hearing was from a 3rd party intake. I didn't get a chance to look under the hood while I was there because I was actually there getting a used car for another family member (and the sales person sneak in a test drive for me and he had to get it back quickly).

Were all the throw ins (tint and mats) were included with MSRP or were they on top?
Sponsored