kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
a couple of ppl here has 2. 1 for daily, another for race/sponsorship. cc: jonnys_honda
thought he had an si not 2 type r's
Sponsored

Last edited:

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
Just visited Honda of Denton because I was told they had PMM coming. I was only wanting to see the car and maybe make an MSRP commitment for a CW or Sonic Grey for their next shipment. Then I found out theyre going to do what the "DFW market" is doing and do about $5k ADM. I left.

I can't imagine a whole slew of dealerships around the Metroplex are winning with their ADM demands. Rich people here or what?
That was where I bought my 2018 PMM CTR. They did put tint on the car, but I never saw it as a line item while the paperwork was being done.

On the boat that my car came in on (the last of the 2018s), the only dealerships in Texas that were getting PMM were the one in Denton, Gillman in San Antonio (they wanted $50k for the car ) and one at John Eagle of Houston (it was already presold for $2500 over MSRP). I called every couple of days to the dealership in Houston but it was presold up to the end, so I imagine the car got sold.

I found the exact car I wanted for MSRP in Shreveport, LA but the dealership would not sell it to me because it was their company policy to only sell cars to people that are in the area. They refused to sell the car to me because I was going to register it in Texas. The next morning I drove to Denton and got the PMM CTR.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
That was where I bought my 2018 PMM CTR. They did put tint on the car, but I never saw it as a line item while the paperwork was being done.

On the boat that my car came in on (the last of the 2018s), the only dealerships in Texas that were getting PMM were the one in Denton, Gillman in San Antonio (they wanted $50k for the car ) and one at John Eagle of Houston (it was already presold for $2500 over MSRP). I called every couple of days to the dealership in Houston but it was presold up to the end, so I imagine the car got sold.

I found the exact car I wanted for MSRP in Shreveport, LA but the dealership would not sell it to me because it was their company policy to only sell cars to people that are in the area. They refused to sell the car to me because I was going to register it in Texas. The next morning I drove to Denton and got the PMM CTR.
You were able to get the one in Denton at MSRP? Did you have to convince them for it?

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
thought he had an si not 2 type r's
I believe he did had the 10th gen SI as well at one point, but I have not seen it in his social networks as of late.

In order, it was Civic Hatchback, CTR, SI, and a decked out CTR. Source: I follow his IG lol

Last edited:

meeks20

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi! I got my CW R #16302 for MSRP on July 4th from Round Rock Honda. I was on a wait list And they said they will not charge mark up for any R they sell.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Hi! I got my CW R #16302 for MSRP on July 4th from Round Rock Honda. I was on a wait list And they said they will not charge mark up for any R they sell.
Sweet! I'll add them to my list of dealerships to contact. Thx, meeks

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
You were able to get the one in Denton at MSRP? Did you have to convince them for it?
No it was over MSRP, but less than 5k. I had been talking to them for over a month, so they worked with my on the price a little bit, especially since they knew I was making a special trip from Houston to Denton to get the car. Ironically the car came in on the boat in the port of Houston, so it would of saved everyone some time and effort if they had just dropped it off a my house or a local dealership. It ended up being driven by truck up to Denton from Houston and then driven by me from Denton back to Houston. At least I got some break in miles taken care of. :doh:

superchi

First Name
Chi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 Fit, 2001 CRV
Country flag
I find myself anxiously watching this thread daily and hoping to see good news lol

CivicTypeDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Type R
Country flag
I went to Hill Country Honda in SA the other day. They wanted 2.5k over and another 2k or so of add ons. Out the door price was 42.5k but I talked them down to 42k even.

I left.

They called me while I was driving home and wanted to include free oil changes.

I thanked the salesman hung up.

I hope others in Texas are having better luck. :-/

TheSnotRocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 CTS-V, 2016 ATS-V, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I went to Hill Country Honda in SA the other day. They wanted 2.5k over and another 2k or so of add ons. Out the door price was 42.5k but I talked them down to 42k even.

I left.

They called me while I was driving home and wanted to include free oil changes.

I thanked the salesman hung up.

I hope others in Texas are having better luck. :-/
I think I posted something similar to that earlier in the post... they add things like wireless charging and.... wait for it.. mud flaps.

Zero clue what mud flaps they are adding... I didn't ask.

I bought from Fernandez... no idea if they have one anymore, but they were good to deal with. Don't waste your time at Gillman. Gunn would be my number one pick if you are willing to wait.

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
Got mine from Honda of Fort Worth on Black Friday for MSRP. Not sure if they will continue to do so though as it was marked at $5K ADM.

My friend at Huggins Honda (North Richland Hills in DFW) says there is a wait list but they "pretty much" do MSRP so it looks like maybe some negotiation necessary.

I confirmed with Howdy Honda in Austin 4 months ago that they do sell it at MSRP but also a wait list. Good luck, the best time we've seen to get a deal on a 2018 or even a Type R in general is right now IMO with inventory being slightly higher than it was and the hype has died down.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I see Huggins Honda have a CW CTR listed on their website. Perhaps I'll swing by and see what they do. Is your friend a sales person over there?

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
I see Huggins Honda have a CW CTR listed on their website. Perhaps I'll swing by and see what they do. Is your friend a sales person over there?
Yep, I'll send you some info in a PM.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Yep, I'll send you some info in a PM.
Can you send me too? One of my friends is looking for a Civic HB or sedan as well . I just told her yesterday to email Huggins. If she hasn't might work out for her as well. I can also get in line for next CTR if Keiothic's deal doesn't work out.
Sponsored