First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
Given that the regional board in this forum is somewhat dead (and the main Nice List thread is crowded), I thought I give this a shot. Can anyone recommend/comment/tell us your experience about any dealership willing to work with getting your CTR at MSRP? If you pay ADM that you consider reasonable, how much and where from? That last question may be a little personal, so feel free to not answer.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A year ago this month I purchase R-00057 from Gunn Honda in San Antonio, TX for $3500 over MSRP; No regrets, it was the 1st CW around & lowest R-badge # Iā€™ve seen in TX!
However after the first 10,000 units delivered globally and production of 2018 models started I got R-14994 from Hill Country Honda (also in San Antonio) at MSRP. They were awesome to work with and their Service Dept getā€™s A+ from me.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
A year ago this month I purchase R-00057 from Gunn Honda in San Antonio, TX for $3500 over MSRP; No regrets, it was the 1st CW around & lowest R-badge # Iā€™ve seen in TX!
However after the first 10,000 units delivered globally and production of 2018 models started I got R-14994 from Hill Country Honda (also in San Antonio) at MSRP. They were awesome to work with and their Service Dept getā€™s A+ from me.
You have two CTRs?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
a couple of ppl here has 2. 1 for daily, another for race/sponsorship. cc: jonnys_honda

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Honda of Spring sells them for MSRP, but there is a wait list.

John Eagle Honda is asking for $2,500 over MSRP. Not sure how negotiable it is.

Spring Branch Honda wants $39,600 with a few tacked on accessories (wireless charger, floor mats, shift knob). Sales person said roughly $3k adm.

Anyone else want to fill in on the other Houston dealers?

Streamfever

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR #15921, crystal white
Country flag
Bought my ā€˜18 CTR CW #15921 at Dan Brown Honda in Lubbock for MSRP back in March. Angel was excellent to work with.

Good luck!

sigomez

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R; Lexus RX350
Country flag
Honda of Spring sells them for MSRP, but there is a wait list.

John Eagle Honda is asking for $2,500 over MSRP. Not sure how negotiable it is.

Spring Branch Honda wants $39,600 with a few tacked on accessories (wireless charger, floor mats, shift knob). Sales person said roughly $3k adm.

Anyone else want to fill in on the other Houston dealers?
If I am not mistaken Russell and Smith Honda is asking slightly above MSRP. I was there 2 weekends ago and they had a PMM in the showroom.

TheSnotRocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 CTS-V, 2016 ATS-V, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Gunn here in San Antonio sells as MSRP but have a wait list. I really like Gunn as it's a cut and dry sales process - price on in the windows, etc. I bought my 18 Touring from them and gave them first option to buy the CTR. From the time I parked my C63 (as my trade in) until the time I was driving off in the 18 touring for my daughter... just.. and I mean just over an hour. FANTASTIC. I had never set foot in that dealership previous to that.

I bought from Fernandez in SA and paid just over MSRP for one that was on the showroom floor.

Gillman was a f-ing retarded dealership and wanted $50k for the one they had on their showroom floor.

Hillcountry said that they would sell me one, untouched for $5k over. Wanted MSRP for a red one CPO for MSRP.

Burleson Honda was my second choice as they were also willing to deal just over MSRP for one they had in stock... It came down to Fernandez for Red and Burleson for grey. I bought red.

Fernandez was a fairly decent dealer (for me) to deal with. Deal was made over the phone... I walked in, wrote my check and drove out in very short order. It was fairly obvious that they don't deal with customers "like me" very often - being that I knew what I want, wasn't interested in high pressure sales, or "added features", etc) It's a dealer in south San Antonio that is uh... probably used to dealing with people with finance challenges.

I had a few issues with them and their dealer prep - the paint was really damaged in several places by whoever buffed the car. It also had sh!t tint on it. Wish I didn't have to deal with either issue but it was what they had.

Last edited:

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Just visited Honda of Denton because I was told they had PMM coming. I was only wanting to see the car and maybe make an MSRP commitment for a CW or Sonic Grey for their next shipment. Then I found out theyre going to do what the "DFW market" is doing and do about $5k ADM. I left.

I can't imagine a whole slew of dealerships around the Metroplex are winning with their ADM demands. Rich people here or what?

Last edited:

superchi

First Name
Chi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 Fit, 2001 CRV
Country flag
I know this is the nice list but this might save someone the hassle. I walked into Rusty Wallis in Garland a month ago, their sticker on their CW '18 was for almost $53k. They would not go lower than $43k after briefly playing with numbers.

I'd be willing to pay $1.5-2K over MSRP at this point to avoid having to go out of town, but it's looking like none of the CTRs in the DFW area are moving for the prices dealerships are asking. Fortunately I'm in no rush and am curious to see what '19 models do to the market.

HondaSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I bought mine from Greg May Honda in Waco. Paid 3k adm. I wasnā€™t stoked about it, but I had shopped around, and the dealers offering MSRP all had long wait lists. Everyone else was 5k+ over sticker.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I know this is the nice list but this might save someone the hassle. I walked into Rusty Wallis in Garland a month ago, their sticker on their CW '18 was for almost $53k. They would not go lower than $43k after briefly playing with numbers.

I'd be willing to pay $1.5-2K over MSRP at this point to avoid having to go out of town, but it's looking like none of the CTRs in the DFW area are moving for the prices dealerships are asking. Fortunately I'm in no rush and am curious to see what '19 models do to the market.
I'm totally on the same game plan. If my math is correct, should be around $38k after MSRP + taxes. I'm willing to play ball to $40k if it's really going to be this difficult. I'm trying to be patient, but the itch is strong. Need to calm down for sure. Woosah

Last edited:

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
I'm totally on the same game plan. If my math is correct, should be around $38k after MSRP + taxes. I'm willing to play ball to $40k if it's really going to be this difficult. I'm trying to be patient, but the itch is strong. Need to calm down for sure. Woosah
MSRP is $35,700 + $895 destination = $36,595 before TTL.

$36,595 x .0625 (Texas tax rate) = $38,882 before title, license and dealer fees.

Realistically, we're looking around $39,200-$39,400 drive out after TTL for MSRP.

$40k drive out would mean the dealer would have a minor mark up of $500-$800.
Sponsored