First Name
Jemmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type R
Country flag
elaborate for me...........
it takes time for new parts to work like they ment together with other parts, so the theory is to give the car time to adjust, and not push it while the parts adjust to the whole system...
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
no break in here, these motors are already broken in from the factory. Just keep up with the maintenance consistently and you will be good.
elaborate for me...........
If it were truly broken in from the factory, why would the owners manual recommend you break it in for 600 miles?

The main reason for break in is to get the piston rings to seat properly with the cylinder walls. One of the hypothesis around break in is that an engine that isn't broken in properly will begin burning more oil than it should. It'll start slowly then grow over time. The only solution to the issue, if it were caused by improper break in, would be to get new piston rings and break them in properly.

Realistically, I see it this way. If you drive your car hard and the hypothesis is true, you just ruined your engine a little. If you break in your car properly and the hypothesis is true, you saved your engine. If you drive your card hard and the hypothesis is false, nothing happens. If you break in your car properly and the hypothesis is true, nothing happens. Game theory says you should ignore the devil on your shoulder and break in your car properly. The devil on your should says different unfortunately.
Sponsored