CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

bigbadberry3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Country flag
I just bought my Aegean blue CTR at MSRP from Honda of Downtown Chicago yesterday. Manager told me they will be getting a championship white CTR that is being built on the 22nd. No idea if they will be selling for MSRP since they originally wanted 39,990 for mine.
I had called earlier and was en route from the burbs, Lombard, when Eli called me to tell me it had just sold!

Eli also told me they expected the white Type-R around Feb 12-14 and that there will be a 2-5K markup because it will be in white. Take me for a ride sometime? Please?
Sponsored

ChiiR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I had called earlier and was en route from the burbs, Lombard, when Eli called me to tell me it had just sold!

Eli also told me they expected the white Type-R around Feb 12-14 and that there will be a 2-5K markup because it will be in white. Take me for a ride sometime? Please?
That's funny after I agreed to the sale, he told me someone else called about the car. Sure I'll take you for a ride.

maverick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
Sunnyside Honda near Cleveland is currently charging just about $2000 over. Called them from @sublimecat tip, my family has bought several Hondas from them, but they won't entertain any sort of reduction to that price. Shame, but just simple capitalism.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sunnyside Honda near Cleveland is currently charging just about $2000 over. Called them from @sublimecat tip, my family has bought several Hondas from them, but they won't entertain any sort of reduction to that price. Shame, but just simple capitalism.
I'm surprised they are as low as $2K over actually. Last March when I was looking to purchase an EX-T 6-speed, they were total d-bags. They quoted something like $300 off sticker, and said they would also throw in a set off all-season mats. When I said no thanks, the salesman said he would be willing to take an offer to his manager. I made an offer that was close to what Truecar was stating for my area. They acted insulted, and told me I should go elsewhere.

Great Lakes Honda in Akron came in considerably less than Truecar, with no games. Placed my deposit by phone and picked up the following day.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
In Vegas too. Gave up in the Southwest. Have a deposit for MSRP from a dealership in MO. Dont know when they will get it though.
Love your type r man! Miss mine!

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
They were down to $1300 when I walked out. Get serious with them and it’s less than $2k. Ask for Rick. He owns one.

sublimecat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
I'm surprised they are as low as $2K over actually. Last March when I was looking to purchase an EX-T 6-speed, they were total d-bags. They quoted something like $300 off sticker, and said they would also throw in a set off all-season mats. When I said no thanks, the salesman said he would be willing to take an offer to his manager. I made an offer that was close to what Truecar was stating for my area. They acted insulted, and told me I should go elsewhere.

Great Lakes Honda in Akron came in considerably less than Truecar, with no games. Placed my deposit by phone and picked up the following day.
I purchased my type R from Great Lakes. We played a few games till they got to my number but after that no complaints. The sales person I dealt with, Kristy was great.

maverick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
They were down to $1300 when I walked out. Get serious with them and it’s less than $2k. Ask for Rick. He owns one.
Just closed a deal with Sunnyside. Called me back today about 24 hours after our discussion yesterday and took my offer of $1000 over MSRP, including wheel locks, mats, and a bogus "paint protection." Going back home to pick it up next week! Thanks for the lead on this!

sublimecat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just closed a deal with Sunnyside. Called me back today about 24 hours after our discussion yesterday and took my offer of $1000 over MSRP, including wheel locks, mats, and a bogus "paint protection." Going back home to pick it up next week! Thanks for the lead on this!
Congrats

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
Did you get the championship white one?

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a call from Curry Honda in NY that they have a black one for MSRP or close to it. Good luck YMMV.

bigbadberry3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Country flag
Got an email a few minutes ago, Honda of Kenosha is selling a black one for MSRP for today and tomorrow only (1/19-1/20)
Sponsored