CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

IMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GLI, 2017 Civic Type R
I'll even go as far as to say that most Dealers will not even pay commissions on ADM...
I had a conversation with a local GM that mentioned the same thing to me. The ADM "benefits" don't benefit the sales person at all.

In fact, the ADM charges sometimes hurt the sales folks as it can drive a potential sale away....

Its the shady ownership/dealership that genuinely deserve all the frustration and dissatisfaction.
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
Lets say they make couple grand or so with a ADM for like 2 or 3 cars... 5-10k isn't really alot of money in the scheme of things, but at the same time they've potentially turned off and lost many loyal customers for life.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Lets say they make couple grand or so with a ADM for like 2 or 3 cars... 5-10k isn't really alot of money in the scheme of things, but at the same time they've potentially turned off and lost many loyal customers for life.
That's one way to look at it. Another is that most dealers (and this goes for many manufacturers) spend 360 days fighting with customers who are brow beating them over price and selling cars for invoice or less. "But yall make money on the rate and financial products." Many ppl are getting pre-approved at their credit union and more and more ppl listen to outsiders and stay away from purchasing products in the finance depts. RARELY do you get a car that you can sell for sticker, let alone be able to get ADM on it. So when the opportunity comes why not take advantage on it? We are a capitalist society and basic economics is supply and demand.

I'm not saying there isnt a negative impact to doing this, but I understand it. Listen, if I paid $200,000 for my house, and a year later the market skyrockets and it now becomes worth $300,000. You can bet your ass I'm not selling my house for $205,000. That's basically what you are complaining about dealers doing.

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
House appreciate with inflation. 99.999 of cars do not, generally cars are what you call an depreciating asset. You pay that ADM, you'll never see it again.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
House appreciate with inflation. 99.999 of cars do not, generally cars are what you call an depreciating asset. You pay that ADM, you'll never see it again.
I wish that statement was 100% true. Cause I have a rental home Im under water in due to 2008.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I wish that statement was 100% true. Cause I have a rental home Im under water in due to 2008.
much like stocks, you buy at the wrong time you can be burned. Stocks and houses are the only things I see people lining up to buying when they're the most expensive. I generally do the opposite. When the bond, student and car loans market crashes, it'll be worse than 08. Should make alot of money buying stocks on the cheap.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
much like stocks, you buy at the wrong time you can be burned. Stocks and houses are the only things I see people lining up to buying when they're the most expensive. I generally do the opposite. When the bond, student and car loans market crashes, it'll be worse than 08. Should make alot of money buying stocks on the cheap.
Yup. But on that house I didnt buy at the wrong time, I bought it years before the crash. But the crash in that area still hasnt recovered. I moved out years ago, bought another house and Ive been renting that out ever since waiting on that area to recover so I can sell it. Some areas in Atlanta are absolutely booming right now. Homes getting full asking same day they hit the market. Im hoping by next yr the southside of ATL sees a spike and off it will go! :)

18typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Si Jackson Racing Supercharged
once in a lifetime for the sales guy to take his family to a all expense paid trip to hawaii.
That is too funny, I replied stating that sign me up, Ill be right down after I get off of winning the lottery!!!
Sponsored