CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

kaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black FK8 | 2017 Sonic Grey FK7
Country flag
the dark side is strong this time around....

just got word a PA dealer went from MSRP to MSRP + Unknown
Sponsored

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
I'm hesitant to put my dealer on any list until I have everything said and done, but so far my dealer has been pretty good. I have a deposit down at MSRP (with potential add-ons, but not confirmed)

EDIT: My dealer is naughty.

Last edited:

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
OMG I'm SUPER excited! Just put a deposit down for Championship White that's only a few hours from me! MSRP, no add-ons, no hidden fees (admin, doc, etc.)! It was one of the first dealerships I called a few weeks ago but refused to take deposits until they knew more about the situation. Apparently, they had a rep visit yesterday and assigned them a CW. Coincidentally, I called today as a follow up, and ended talking to the same manager a few weeks ago. He was surprised because he was going to call me today hahaha. He told me I was the first one on his wait list, and that calls started trickling in as the weeks went by. So I guess...don't frown upon those dealerships refusing to take deposits and making call lists until they know more because they might be one of the good guys. Well, I guess I don't want to jump the gun...my dealership have now until delivery to do/say whatever with the car. Anyway, as of now, I can't believe it...I'm beyond elated!

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
OMG I'm SUPER excited! Just put a deposit down for Championship White that's only a few hours from me! MSRP, no add-ons, no hidden fees (admin, doc, etc.)! It was one of the first dealerships I called a few weeks ago but refused to take deposits until they knew more about the situation. Apparently, they had a rep visit yesterday and assigned them a CW. Coincidentally, I called today as a follow up, and ended talking to the same manager a few weeks ago. He was surprised because he was going to call me today hahaha. He told me I was the first one on his wait list, and that calls started trickling in as the weeks went by. So I guess...don't frown upon those dealerships refusing to take deposits and making call lists until they know more because they might be one of the good guys. Well, I guess I don't want to jump the gun...my dealership have now until delivery to do/say whatever with the car. Anyway, as of now, I can't believe it...I'm beyond elated!
Nice. I'm driving 4 hours for mine but with 5k ADM

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
In Colorado or cali?

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
Yup probably a good idea for people to check back with dealers who wouldn't take deposits. That's what happened with me as well. Mine wouldn't do anything but a call list until they had more info, so thanks to this forum I knew when to start pestering again when info started showing up. Edit: Also, congratulations!!!!! Sounds like a great deal.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Evolution999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me: 2014 Evo X MR, 2014 Nissan 370Z Nimso, For the mrs: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan
Country flag
Sales people are in to make money. ADM is 100% cash in their pockets. They would be fools not to do it. The ones that didnt were naive and regret it and will backtrack if they can. My dealer backtracked on my 50k OTD offer and im still upset about it

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
Sales people are in to make money. ADM is 100% cash in their pockets. They would be fools not to do it. The ones that didnt were naive and regret it and will backtrack if they can. My dealer backtracked on my 50k OTD offer and im still upset about it
You offered 50k for this car? That's insane....

Can you pm which dealer?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Yup, they backtracked not realizing that no one else is going to offer that to them. You offered $50K and they saw $70K.

Think about it, they were sitting there worrying about trying to sell the next LX Sedan and get an offer for $50K for a car that isn't even there.

I hope they never sell that R, you buy an R at another dealer and then they call you to offer you the R at $50K, then you say o.k. roll up in your new R and give them the middle finger....

I have given up on hope of getting one at MSRP. Looking at J's thread there are plenty looking to pay the $5K ADM. Its going to become a bidding war at every dealer.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Let me put it out there that Salespeople have NO CONTROL over asking price or final price at all so let's continue to trash the greedy Dealers and not bash the Salespersons that have no say so on price. I'll even go as far as to say that most Dealers will not even pay commissions on ADM...

BA
Sponsored