BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have any other leads. Inventory is scarce around Washington at the moment. 2020s should arrive within the next couple of months though, but I'm sure there will be at least a 5k markup.
Go in and make an offer at invoice? Who knows, maybe with the market issues, they may be more motivated to lock in a sale.
Sponsored

Waynegro372

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mule
Country flag
Go in and make an offer at invoice? Who knows, maybe with the market issues, they may be more motivated to lock in a sale.
I was thinking the same thing regarding the market down slide making them more anxious to sell it for less. Red on red. Thatā€™s a lot of red.

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
They did end up saying they're willing to to sell for less than MSRP, but didn't specify invoice. I'm sure I could get close to invoice with in-person negotiations. I was tempted and thinking about it, but leaning toward waiting for the 2020 model (I want that LogR!).

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
Wow. Looks like limited stock for the 2020 CTR, the remaining stock from the plant in UK was used for the limited yellow version for 2021. So the cars available for sale this year will be quite below the production numbers of last year. And w/COVID-19 everything is behind/hold. Going to hold on my price for my CW CTR at $35K.

un1coRn

IG: @sgp_fk8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow. Looks like limited stock for the 2020 CTR, the remaining stock from the plant in UK was used for the limited yellow version for 2021. So the cars available for sale this year will be quite below the production numbers of last year. And w/COVID-19 everything is behind/hold. Going to hold on my price for my CW CTR at $35K.
If true, happy I got my 2019 SGP when I did.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pre-owned prices are creeping up in more populated areas. Probably a good time to dive in if you can find a new 2019 for MSRP or less as inventory is dwindling.

Waynegro372

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mule
Country flag
So whatā€™s the the consensus then, is MSRP still a decent deal on a 19? Half say you can get them for invoice all day, but here in the Seattle area most stealers are still marking up the 2019 cars that are sitting around collecting dust and finger prints.

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
So whatā€™s the the consensus then, is MSRP still a decent deal on a 19? Half say you can get them for invoice all day, but here in the Seattle area most stealers are still marking up the 2019 cars that are sitting around collecting dust and finger prints.
It really varies by area. The west coast is skewed because WA and California struggled arguably the most with dealer mark ups. I think msrp is a good deal for a ā€˜19, relative to our supply and demand. The red ā€˜19 at Klein just sold yesterday. I think somebody saw my post and went for it because they had it for months before I mentioned here they were willing to do msrp. I somewhat regret not going for it.

Brooksumw89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GTI
Country flag
I was able to get a great deal on a 2018 with 2,000 miles for 32k. I wouldnā€™t pay MSRP with new ones coming out. Virginia dealerships near me wouldnā€™t budge off markup.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Not sure I can help at this point as I bought in November. Back in Nov, I bought at $50 above invoice plus dealer fee (they also threw in $400 of accessories). While I would think deals on 2019's should be out there, there is also less inventory. Just start making calls and tell the dealers with cars that you are a buyer today at invoice, $500 above invoice, whatever your number is.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
I was able to get a great deal on a 2018 with 2,000 miles for 32k. I wouldnā€™t pay MSRP with new ones coming out. Virginia dealerships near me wouldnā€™t budge off markup.
Interesting. I bought mine from Boyd Honda in South Hill for invoice, with nothing additional.

rogazilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
I just bought mine last month at Invoice + delivery for a 19. I say email or call to ask and tell them exactly you intend to pay out the door. If they are not willing to sell at that price, to contact you when they are ready to sell at your asking price. Then you move on to the next dealership. This is not normal time as I don't think a lot of people are buying car right now, you may just be able to get the price you are asking for.

Brooksumw89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GTI
Country flag
Interesting. I bought mine from Boyd Honda in South Hill for invoice, with nothing additional.
Awesome deal. I looked around at a lot of Northern Virginia/Maryland dealerships and couldnā€™t get them to budge off markup. Cars are still sitting there now and Iā€™ve enjoyed my black Type R for two weeks. Love it compared to my WRX.
Sponsored