Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
From Robert...

Hello!

Our first 2020 Honda CIVIC Type “R” will be here end of February/early March. It is SONIC GRAY. If you or someone you know may be interested in it, please let me know!

Have a GREAT day!!!

Robert D. Billig |Zimbrick HONDA

SALES and LEASING | [email protected]

Office: 608.230.0479 | OFF WED | CLOSED SUN

Civic Type R has been sold. Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
$34,611 is invoice w/destination. Easily obtainable. Don't be fooled. Production 2017-2019 is nearing 40,000 units in total... CTR is not a rare car. It's an expensive Civic. 2020's are to be released soon, it's winter time, these dealers want rid of their 2019's.

Dealers say one thing and do another. They want to make money. Moving vehicles is how they can achieve that. Not just by selling at sticker or $5,000 mark-ups. Those days are gone for the CTR. Shame on dealers and customers alike if they participate in the falsehood of anything otherwise.
And, no. Markets vary throughout the country. Be willing to buy from out of your market and good to great (invoice) deals are available. At least until the 2019's are mostly gone.

Honda would rather make more money on each CTR and will likely increase the 2020 price to reduce/eliminate the ADM but push more $$ to Honda.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in South FL (Miami-Broward) all dealers still want 5K+ above MSRP, luckily I called the same guy I bought my Hatchback from 3 years ago and told him I wanted to get a Type-R, after some negotiation he accepted to give me MSRP. And they have the red rally I wanted. I’m picking it up today. I’m wondering if I should have just waited for the 2020...

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
Here in South FL (Miami-Broward) all dealers still want 5K+ above MSRP, luckily I called the same guy I bought my Hatchback from 3 years ago and told him I wanted to get a Type-R, after some negotiation he accepted to give me MSRP. And they have the red rally I wanted. I’m picking it up today. I’m wondering if I should have just waited for the 2020...
Imho, I don't think so. 2020 CTR is definitely going to have a markup. I think right now is the best time to purchase a 2019 Type R. You could take a gamble and wait a few months but I don't know if they will go down further.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Well, on top of the 2020 costing $600-$700 more, for the addition of Honda Sensing, and 2 piece rotors, you’re still likely going to be paying over sticker for it. I have an opportunity to get a SGP at invoice, but, I still think if I was really going to get one, my conscience wouldn’t let me get a 2019, knowing the upgrades that are coming for 2020. I, myself, happen to like the safety features, so, it depends on what you like.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Imho, I don't think so. 2020 CTR is definitely going to have a markup. I think right now is the best time to purchase a 2019 Type R. You could take a gamble and wait a few months but I don't know if they will go down further.
You are right they won’t let the 2020 go for MSRP. What drives me a bit crazy is that I bought my hatchback ex-l then couple months later the touring came out. But no I’m happy with the 2019. I don’t want to pay a markup that high.

Well, on top of the 2020 costing $600-$700 more, for the addition of Honda Sensing, and 2 piece rotors, you’re still likely going to be paying over sticker for it. I have an opportunity to get a SGP at invoice, but, I still think if I was really going to get one, my conscience wouldn’t let me get a 2019, knowing the upgrades that are coming for 2020. I, myself, happen to like the safety features, so, it depends on what you like.
I like the Honda sensing but my hatchback came without it so I think Incan live with it. Only thing Inwill miss is remote starting tho.

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
You are right they won’t let the 2020 go for MSRP. What drives me a bit crazy is that I bought my hatchback ex-l then couple months later the touring came out. But no I’m happy with the 2019. I don’t want to pay a markup that high.

I like the Honda sensing but my hatchback came without it so I think Incan live with it. Only thing Inwill miss is remote starting tho.
JP Thibodeaux Honda, near Lafayette, has an aegean blue 2019 for 35k...here's the link https://www.jpthibodeauxhonda.com/n...c+Type+R-9d1765b90a0e0aea1900a76741f8146e.htm

my wife bought her CR-V from this dealer and they're pretty good. I went to New Orleans for my Type R because they had a championship white whereas there wasn't one in town.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They make aftermarket remote start modules, for manual cars. I had remote start installed in my 1994 Ex Coupe, all the way back in 1994. Back then, we had to make sure the car was still in neutral to start it. And I can say that I never remote started the car, in gear, in the 3 years that I had it.
Now, the remote start for manuals, just allows you to turn the car off, but the car stays running, pull up the e-brake, and when you get out, and close the door, then the car shuts off. That way, the car knows that you’ve gotten out of the car, the e-brake is on, and the car is in neutral. Then you can remote start it.

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They make aftermarket remote start modules, for manual cars. I had remote start installed in my 1994 Ex Coupe, all the way back in 1994. Back then, we had to make sure the car was still in neutral to start it. And I can say that I never remote started the car, in gear, in the 3 years that I had it.
Now, the remote start for manuals, just allows you to turn the car off, but the car stays running, pull up the e-brake, and when you get out, and close the door, then the car shuts off. That way, the car knows that you’ve gotten out of the car, the e-brake is on, and the car is in neutral. Then you can remote start it.
I saw a few YouTube videos about it but it looks there’s still a few bugs they have to figure out for the CTR

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
For those in Cali, there is hope.

I was able to get a 2019 SGP FK8 at MSRP at Honda of Pasadena. I have no clue if it's just because they liked me or what.. but the deal did happen. They have a Blue and a Black at the dealership. I had a great experience working with Mike, Salpi, and Benito. Really great people and they made this happen for me!

Reason why: They're doing a renovation soon and they need to make room. It honestly doesn't matter why but.. go and get it! :)

Last edited:

bearBare

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those in Cali, there is hope.

I was able to get a 2019 SGP FK8 at MSRP at Honda of Pasadena. I have no clue if it's just because they liked me or what.. but the deal did happen. They have a Blue and a Black at the dealership. I had a great experience working with Mike, Salpi, and Benito. Really great people and they made this happen for me!

Reason why: They're doing a renovation soon and they need to make room. It honestly doesn't matter why but.. go and get it! :)
I was there on Jan 15 and saw 4 CTR’s in the showroom (CW, AB, 2x SGP). I checked the SGP they put in the hallway leading to the main floor, and the window sticker was $52K. I walked away.

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
I was there on Jan 15 and saw 4 Thpe R’s in the showroom (CW, AB, 2x SGP). I checked the SGP they put in the hallway leading to the main floor and the window sticker was $52K. I walked away.
I spoke to Salpi first after I reached out requesting more info. I had the same reaction when I walked in myself (about the sticker price). That and all the type Rs (minus the CW which apparently is owned by the owner of the dealership) has no accessories on it. They kept it pretty simple. My situation was a little bit more complicated cause I still had my leased 19 Si. PM me please is you need more details.. or anything.. (minus money I'm currently broke.. lol) :)

bearBare

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I spoke to Salpi first after I reached out requesting more info. I had the same reaction when I walked in myself (about the sticker price). That and all the type Rs (minus the CW which apparently is owned by the owner of the dealership) has no accessories on it. They kept it pretty simple. My situation was a little bit more complicated cause I still had my leased 19 Si. PM me please is you need more details.. or anything.. (minus money I'm currently broke.. lol) :)
I'm in a similar dilemma with an '18 hatch lease, and the Type R serves me no purpose except to satiate my lust. I'll probably get one eventually whether it be a '19 or '20. Congrats on your deal, and it's promising to see the dealers in SoCal letting up.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the black one last night. For those of you in the SoCal area still looking for MSRP, the PMM is still available
I stopped by there this past Friday to see what they can offer for the PMM. Talked to Jason (nice guy) and told him I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. He got the sales manager involved, told him I wanted MSRP for it since the 2020’s are on the way. He says 2020’s are not in production yet. LOL! I know some dealers will be getting the 2020’s soon. I wanted to call him out on it but for the manager to BS me like that, tells me to go somewhere else. I’m not a good negotiator, just straight to the point. Congratulations on your CTR by the way!

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I stopped by there this past Friday to see what they can offer for the PMM. Talked to Jason (nice guy) and told him I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. He got the sales manager involved, told him I wanted MSRP for it since the 2020’s are on the way. He says 2020’s are not in production yet. LOL! I know some dealers will be getting the 2020’s soon. I wanted to call him out on it but for the manager to BS me like that, tells me to go somewhere else. I’m not a good negotiator, just straight to the point. Congratulations on your CTR by the way!
I know the dealer up here in NorCal is selling their PMM at MSRP. No accessories. Just $595 window tint.
Sponsored