Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Man this went way off topic, any sales guy is gonna take the money from someone in person verses someone just calling on the phone. I mean i would have in a heart beat gotta make that commission!
Sponsored

JaredSHH

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Country flag
Hey everyone. It has been quite a while since I last posted. I have moved up to a sales manager position and Evan has been taking the lead on the forums. For those who don't know who I am, I was a sales consultant here at South Hills Honda (about 20 min south of Pittsburgh PA). I began posting on the forums once I started getting CTRs in. We have always sold at MSRP and no dealer add ons. I believe I sold 4 to members on this forum and Evan has sold a couple as well. I understand that selling at MSRP is becoming more of the norm now. I have a 2019 rallye red and polished metal CTR in stock now. I will be selling both of them for $500 below MSRP and no add ons or anything. If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to call/email me. I will post my contact info below.

Jared
Sales Manager
South Hills Honda
724-941-9100
[email protected]

Last edited:

JaredSHH

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Country flag
Also forgot to mention one other thing. Just did allocation for the 2020 CTRs. I requested boost blue and championship white. I may get both or I may get one, not sure yet. I do not have any pricing information yet on 2020 CTRs either. The build date for my first 2020 CTR is around July. It usually takes about a month from build date to arrival date as long as there are no delays.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
Hey everyone. It has been quite a while since I last posted. I have moved up to a sales manager position and Evan has been taking the lead on the forums. For those who don't know who I am, I was a sales consultant here at South Hills Honda (about 20 min south of Pittsburgh PA). I began posting on the forums once I started getting CTRs in. We have always sold at MSRP and no dealer add ons. I believe I sold 4 to members on this forum and Evan has sold a couple as well. I understand that selling at MSRP is becoming more of the norm now. I have a 2019 rallye red and polished metal CTR in stock now. I will be selling both of them for $500 below MSRP and no add ons or anything. If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to call/email me. I will post my contact info below.

Jared
Sales Manager
South Hills Honda
724-941-9100
[email protected]
Really wish I had the cash I'd be there in a heartbeat.

EvanSHH

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Civic Si
Country flag

Jared
Sales Manager
South Hills Honda
724-941-9100
[email protected]

You know the deal!! Reach out to either of us anytime. 724-941-9100 ext 112 or [email protected] hope to make another two people happy Type R owners!

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Overall a good wrap up. I actually (if you followed and comprehended (cheap shot, sorry) this thread) bought my CTR at another dealership (I wanted CW and got a deal that couldn't be matched) and not through my salesperson. Your supposition as to why the sales person did not call back may be true. Like I said in the pm I'm not making excuses for him. It doesn't matter what I think, he had a bad experience. I have shared that in my experience he has gone above and beyond for 25+ years.
I am in favor of people sharing opinions. Declaring that someone is Butthurt, not a serious buyer, are personal attacks, and serve no purpose. That's passing judgement not an opinion. This forum is great to get advice, opinions, to help everyone in their decisions. I am so appreciative of people sharing their experiences and advice. Even though I disagreed with the assessment of my sales person, I would like to see RRR get his car. I don't see or understand the value of injecting ones personal shots at people in a posting. If your not contributing stay out. I do apologize for calling anyone, and you, a clown, I should have referred to the comments as being clownish, not you.

So your criteria to participate is to have thick skin. My criteria is be helpful, including opinions and criticisms, or scroll along.

Happy driving!!!

The pm misaddressed:
I don't know who this clown is who is passing judgement on you. He has nothing to do with me or Adrian.

I'm not going to make excuses for my sales guy, he's a big boy. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with him.

Have found your car yet? If I get a heads up on a deal would you like me PM you about?

Good luck.
:thumbsup: Have a great weekend.

bearBare

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know the deal!! Reach out to either of us anytime. 724-941-9100 ext 112 or [email protected] hope to make another two people happy Type R owners!
This may have been answered previously, so sorry to sound like a broken record but I would like to know if the 2020 Type R can be ordered by the people who want to buy them? I’m sure I’m missing something that is preventing a sure sale with a committed buyer? Heck, I bet you can get a list of buyers signed up to have a batch of Type R’s built if they were quoted at a reasonable price.

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
This may have been answered previously, so sorry to sound like a broken record but I would like to know if the 2020 Type R can be ordered by the people who want to buy them? I’m sure I’m missing something that is preventing a sure sale with a committed buyer? Heck, I bet you can get a list of buyers signed up to have a batch of Type R’s built if they were quoted at a reasonable price.
I'm in the same boat - if I could order at my local dealer (without add-ons or mark ups), I'd order now.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
This may have been answered previously, so sorry to sound like a broken record but I would like to know if the 2020 Type R can be ordered by the people who want to buy them? I’m sure I’m missing something that is preventing a sure sale with a committed buyer? Heck, I bet you can get a list of buyers signed up to have a batch of Type R’s built if they were quoted
Also forgot to mention one other thing. Just did allocation for the
Also forgot to mention one other thing. Just did allocation for the 2020 CTRs. I requested boost blue and championship white. I may get both or I may get one, not sure yet. I do not have any pricing information yet on 2020 CTRs either. The build date for my first 2020 CTR is around July. It usually takes about a month from build date to arrival date as long as there are no delays.
Can't wait to see the boost blue in person.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I'm in the same boat - if I could order at my local dealer (without add-ons or mark ups), I'd order now.
Just go out of state.

I put a deposit with Schomp only to find out they are adding about $3.8k of mandatory accessories. And I was still 13th on their list. Went out of state and paid $50 above invoice.

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
Just go out of state.

I put a deposit with Schomp only to find out they are adding about $3.8k of mandatory accessories. And I was still 13th on their list. Went out of state and paid $50 above invoice.
Me too. Sales guy happened to mention that it came with "a really cool Type R package" and claimed that it was installed before delivery to Schomp and not an option that can possibly removed, so I pulled my deposit from them. He also said that every dealer had that same situation and all are asking over MSRP, so at that point, I decided he wasn't being honest with me. I'm not going to spend money at any dealership that plays those games. Shame on Schomp.

JaredSHH

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Country flag
Dealerships can take orders from customers on the 2020 CTRs and the dealer can request it on the next allocation, but that does not guarantee the car will be built for the dealer. Honda is a little different compared to other manufacturers. For example, a person can customize a new mustang, put the order in, and there should be no issues with having that car built and sent to the dealer.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
I’m at the dealership for my first service and they’ve got a black CTR. They’re asking 43.2 for the car but are willing to give up most of the ADM since it’s been here for a while.

Primo Honda in San Carlos, CA. Not generally a fan of black but it looks great.

Riceboy69

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got a CW CTR at MSRP from Elvira at Unicars Honda in Indio, CA. I believe they have a Black and PMM as well, which they first offered to sell at MSRP before offering the CW.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Also, I hear March/April for the 2020. Not 100% that’s accurate but it explains why they’re willing to be a bit more flexible with the ‘19’s.
Sponsored