Artagra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2017 Toyota RAV4
Country flag
I picked up my 2019 CTR Sonic Gray at Hamer Honda in Reseda CA for MSRP. I did get stuck with paying for a lame 3M protective film but that was it. Here in CA, I contacted no less than 10 dealers and they ALL wanted between $5k - $14k over MSRP + dealer add-ons. Folsom Honda wanted $50k for their Sonic Gray!!
Sponsored

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
I picked up my 2019 CTR Sonic Gray at Hamer Honda in Reseda CA for MSRP. I did get stuck with paying for a lame 3M protective film but that was it. Here in CA, I contacted no less than 10 dealers and they ALL wanted between $5k - $14k over MSRP + dealer add-ons. Folsom Honda wanted $50k for their Sonic Gray!!
Thanks for the info! How much was the 3M protective film? Looks like I have a place to potentially go to for an FK8. And it's the sexy color too! (Sonic Grey). I called Norm Reeves and they were quoting something like 5k ADM. Some other places wouldn't even say cause they were trying to get me to come in.

kevthebean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
Thanks for the info! How much was the 3M protective film? Looks like I have a place to potentially go to for an FK8. And it's the sexy color too! (Sonic Grey). I called Norm Reeves and they were quoting something like 5k ADM. Some other places wouldn't even say cause they were trying to get me to come in.
He took the nicest color out there, not bias at all;), we do have a black and white one in the showroom plus another white one on its way.

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
He took the nicest color out there, not bias at all;), we do have a black and white one in the showroom plus another white one on its way.
I've got some buddies that have the White.. and it's great. However, I see White the most out of all the colors. Sonic Grey the moment that I saw it, popped. I really like the way that it looks. @kevthebean , I sent you a pm. I didn't want to derail the thread with questions!

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Yeah, whites are in the majority at meets and look sorta boring all together but seeing one all by itself out in the wild is a thing of beauty.
Sonic grey, to me, and all the new colors like it from other car makers is nothing more than a fad color that will die off quickly. Looks like a navy ship- I don’t get why it’s popular. To each there own
I've got some buddies that have the White.. and it's great. However, I see White the most out of all the colors. Sonic Grey the moment that I saw it, popped. I really like the way that it looks. @kevthebean , I sent you a pm. I didn't want to derail the thread with questions!

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
Yeah, whites are in the majority at meets and look sorta boring all together but seeing one all by itself out in the wild is a thing of beauty.
Sonic grey, to me, and all the new colors like it from other car makers is nothing more than a fad color that will die off quickly. Looks like a navy ship- I don’t get why it’s popular. To each there own

CW looks really clean. Well what we all like is subjective... so it's all good! Now the question is .. will there be a Phoenix Yellow? Now that will be pretty popular!

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
CW looks really clean. Well what we all like is subjective... so it's all good! Now the question is .. will there be a Phoenix Yellow? Now that will be pretty popular!
Yep, and the dealers will price them accordingly I’m afraid.
I’m considering one depending on what the shade of yellow looks like in person but I won’t play games on price which is why I will likely pass.
Once bitten, twice shy... fuck those dealers

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Aegean Blue CTRs almost always seem to get a guarantee markup price but they also disappear off the lots quickly regardless.

Artagra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was $1496! Not great but these cars are $$$ out here in Cali! They had 3 more this passed Sunday.

Artagra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hit them up to and they told me the same.

Artagra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Who did you work with if you dont mind me asking? You can also PM me if you don't want to put his info here.
I worked with Danté at Hamer Honda for my deal. I can’t remember who I spoke with at Norman Reeves.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I think I have a line on a black CTR at MSRP here in Michigan, PM me if you want it

Krazychowmein

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR
Country flag
I’ve been in touch with 6 dealers here in NorCal and Hamer in SoCal. Seems like they all say over the phone or email $5k is the Lowest they can do. Even Hamer when I called them said $5k is the best they can do. Salinas has had a red one for 2 months, conversation started at $10k then said he would work on it and call me back, never called back.

PM’d you Kev

For those of you that just paid for options did they give you the price over the phone or did you have to go in and negotiate from $5k down?
Sponsored