First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Where did you get it?
Not trying to put them on blast. I worked the deal crazy hard. Over two weeks. Just trying to let people know it's possible if you shop hard enough. These are not moving like they once were. Dealers want to sell to get another essentially. Two dealers told me they can not order them at all and just get what is sent. They want 2019s gone so they can already have a 2020 coming asap. I waited over two years to buy this car because of the market. I went in figuring the average best people are getting right now is MSRP without destination and at that they are starting to sit for over 30 days. Also dealers are showing online prices of $2000 off on CarGurus.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
Not trying to put them on blast. I worked the deal crazy hard. Over two weeks. Just trying to let people know it's possible if you shop hard enough. These are not moving like they once were. Dealers want to sell to get another essentially. Two dealers told me they can not order them at all and just get what is sent. They want 2019s gone so they can already have a 2020 coming asap. I waited over two years to buy this car because of the market. I went in figuring the average best people are getting right now is MSRP without destination and at that they are starting to sit for over 30 days. Also dealers are showing online prices of $2000 off on CarGurus.
To be fair, I have tentatively contracted to buy subject to a dealer swap but am conditionally searching elsewhere if a swap falls through. In the course of that search elsewhere, I can verify that many dealers are showing the dealer price on CarGurus of x, but actually asking for X plus several thousand dollars either of add on accessories or ADM. Due diligence is to call and ask a sales person if that is the case. My dealer's sales manager has confirmed as much as have I with at least 5 dealers in my search radius. Pretty dishonest IMO to mislead on sites like that or Cars.com or elsewhere. If you want to mark a car up, be straight forward about that.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
To be fair, I have tentatively contracted to buy subject to a dealer swap but am conditionally searching elsewhere if a swap falls through. In the course of that search elsewhere, I can verify that many dealers are showing the dealer price on CarGurus of x, but actually asking for X plus several thousand dollars either of add on accessories or ADM. Due diligence is to call and ask a sales person if that is the case. My dealer's sales manager has confirmed as much as have I with at least 5 dealers in my search radius. Pretty dishonest IMO to mislead on sites like that or Cars.com or elsewhere. If you want to mark a car up, be straight forward about that.
You'll never be able to truly get a deal using a dealer swap. I would imagine only if it was like Auto Nation Miami to Auto Nation Orlando or something. Dealer to dealer trades are going to be expensive. Everyone wants a piece of the pie. I only buy from a dealer that has the exact car im going to buy already there.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Over two weeks.
Over two weeks? Luck you. Took me four months and my brother two months. Both of us also live in FL. We bought this year, it was a PITA. But indeed, FL dealers will sell at MSRP, you gotta work like a dog to make it happen in most cases.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
There is some truth to this. It really comes down to how long has the car/color been on their lot without much interest vs. what they think the appeal would be for the car being swapped. The local dealer has a red and the dealer 50 miles away has a blue. From what I gather, neither has been in high demand. My preference would be for a CWhite but may accept the ABlue as an alternative. Both places are selling it for MSRP so the only variable would be trade allowance.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
There is some truth to this. It really comes down to how long has the car/color been on their lot without much interest vs. what they think the appeal would be for the car being swapped. The local dealer has a red and the dealer 50 miles away has a blue. From what I gather, neither has been in high demand. My preference would be for a CWhite but may accept the ABlue as an alternative. Both places are selling it for MSRP so the only variable would be trade allowance.
Get the Aegean Blue. If I was made of money I would've bought both the PMM and AB.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I feel for anyone that is in the market for R. Let alone any sports car new or old. The dealers have shown extraordinary levels of greed. It sucks to be a car enthusiast right now as there's a limited amount of cars out for enthusiasts and people are being ripped off because of it.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
What? How are you getting it for less than MSRP even AFTER tax?
A lot of work at a volume dealer. I posted the story of it as well already. Let me add since I didn't mention it and every dollar counted to get my price. I had a trade in with a sizeable amount of equity. That alone saved me around $1100 in taxes.

Last edited:

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
This thread is the "under sticker dealer registry" not the "I'm good at negotiating" thread.

If you're not going to name the dealer you're not staying on topic.
Didn't realize that. Feel free to delete all my posts. Again it's not my money. It's all of those who read this thread.

85urquattro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Just took delivery of a CW CTR from Largo Honda in Florida City, FL.

MSRP, no accessories, and seamless process. Worked with Deon Sugrim, 786-301-5211.

They still have a Red CTR in stock at MSRP.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
I am very glad you got such a good deal, but again, the point of the thread is to direct people to dealers where they can get a good deal.

To your point of "it's not my money" I'm unsure how "I bought a Type R at a great price in the United States" is information that is helping anyone save money. Nobody looking for a car can use the information you present to buy a car, except PM you and hope you'll share it privately.

I'm not trying to take you down, just trying to make you understand what this thread is about.
If I'm here confirming a deal happened below MSRP OTD. That should show others that the deals are there if you work hard enough. That's all. To be honest the dealer holds the right to cancel the deal at any time on me. So me running around right now online giving specifics could harm me. Only reason I've been holding off talking specifics just until the 30 day mark passes. Then me telling people exactly where won't be a problem at all. That was my original intention.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
As mentioned before this is regarding Ottawa Honda. There is a 2019 CBP still there looking nice and mean. I think it was just a few #s above my R-24920 but I couldn't see clearly, no ones allowed in. It's been there for awhile as the R# suggests, so if you're in the area and interested talk to Elie Antoun. PM me I can give him a heads up.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 59226760094__29F10CE6-C10B-47FB-8D34-CA64BC67BE5D.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! IMG_1367.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! IMG_1368.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! IMG_1369.JPG

EvanSHH

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello again! As many of you know by now I am a sales consultant at South Hills Honda and we are a "nice" dealer. MSRP ONLY no ADM or accessories. We have made many people across the US happy CTR owners for MSRP! Most recently in the state of Utah! We are located about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh. We have a Red CTR inbound! Slated to arrive mid-late Nov. I will post pics once the car arrives. Any questions or concerns in the meantime you can contact me at [email protected] or 724-941-9100 ext112. (email is always better) Thanks!- Evan at South Hills Honda
Sponsored