CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I went back and found my post on Waldorf Honda in the naughty dealer thread from November 27, 2017. This was actually my first post on this site after I joined. And the sales manager was definitely Mike Council.
Maybe Mike learned something after you guys let him have it!!
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe Mike learned something after you guys let him have it!!
I'm more inclined to believe the change of behavior was due to sales numbers (or the lack thereof) after they got on the black list here.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I'm more inclined to believe the change of behavior was due to sales numbers (or the lack thereof) after they got on the black list here.
OR a combination of people giving them hell and looking at Type R's collecting dust on the showroom floor! Whatever the reason it is nice to see it might help out the next person trying to buy a new Type R!

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
OR a combination of people giving them hell and looking at Type R's collecting dust on the showroom floor! Whatever the reason it is nice to see it might help out the next person trying to buy a new Type R!
Could be, it would be nice if someone benefited from my bad experience with them, or if they learned something. My guess is that we're eighteen months down the road, and they realized at some point that they were better off selling at MSRP and making a decent profit while getting the cars out the door, vs. waiting around for weeks or months to sell a car with 5-10k ADM. It certainly helps that the market around here has cooled off and there are MSRP deals to be found. The scarcity BS only works with an uninformed consumer.

In any event, congrats on your new ride! I ended up buying from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, they had the color I wanted (PMM) and came down considerably from the 10k ADM they had been asking. I still love the car every time I get in.

AR-Delta

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Got my R this past Thursday. Walser Honda in Burnsville, Minnesota sells theirs for sticker. A deal had fallen through on the '19 SGP that I ended up taking home. They have another that should be there in about a week!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Could be, it would be nice if someone benefited from my bad experience with them, or if they learned something. My guess is that we're eighteen months down the road, and they realized at some point that they were better off selling at MSRP and making a decent profit while getting the cars out the door, vs. waiting around for weeks or months to sell a car with 5-10k ADM. It certainly helps that the market around here has cooled off and there are MSRP deals to be found. The scarcity BS only works with an uninformed consumer.

In any event, congrats on your new ride! I ended up buying from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, they had the color I wanted (PMM) and came down considerably from the 10k ADM they had been asking. I still love the car every time I get in.
Thanks and I'm glad you found a better deal at Sport Honda! The funny thing is my wife bought her new Accord Sport 2.0 turbo at Sport the same week I bought my Type R. I tried to get my car from Sport first but they didn't have the CW I wanted in stock but ironically they sent me to Waldorf Honda since they had one on the showroom floor. The sales manager at Sport (Andrew) even called over there since he was friends with Mike Council and set the deal up for me ahead of time! Great guy for doing that!!

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! C5C4CB29-5232-4576-9E8E-77014F2DFAE8

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 593B5418-A046-4F36-A3DB-46764B05F196

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For all you Central Texas boys who are still looking, the lowest i have found is Gunn Honda (San Antonio) at 1240 above sticker 37,880+TTL ABSOLUTELY NO ADDS, thats the kicker, and after that Big Star (Houston) has come down to 3500 over with no adds 40,120+TTL still havnt found any at MSRP in texas anybody have some good tea on which honda dealers are doing at or below sticker??

Last edited:

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
That's good to know. When I was shopping for my Type R 18 months ago, Waldorf Honda was on the naughty list, in a big way. They had a white one listed online at MSRP, and I called and spoke to a salesman who confirmed that they were selling at MSRP. Then, while I was driving to the bank to pick up a check to drive out there and buy it, they called back and said $10k ADM, basically $50k out the door. The sales manager, Mike, got in a big argument with my wife on the phone, claimed the MSRP offer was a mistake and said we were trying to take advantage of them because nobody could reasonably expect to buy a CTR at MSRP. He was an asshole.
Before driving to the bank I would make the sales manager do a signed buyer's order stating the price. Then get the loan.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Before driving to the bank I would make the sales manager do a signed buyer's order stating the price. Then get the loan.
I already had the loan approved, was just going to pick up the check, which was approved up to a certain amount. At the time, MSRP deals were almost impossible to find, so I wasn't in a position to wait around for the sales manager to send me documentation while somebody else could swoop in and buy the car. Turned out I never made it to the bank before the manager reneged on the price his sales people had confirmed twice. I'm glad they've at least sold one at MSRP recently, but I still think they suck. And I wonder if they would have done MSRP if the manager at Sport Honda hadn't contacted them in advance with a customer ready to buy.

ucf_bronco

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Coggin Honda in Orlando has a blue CTR that they've had for quite a while. I technically paid slightly less than MSRP for my PMM (due to $2k of dealer installed options and paying just under $38,600) about six weeks ago, but they were itching to sell me the blue one for less. I'm confident they would be willing to let it go for less than MSRP. Figured I would mention!

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Coggin Honda in Orlando has a blue CTR that they've had for quite a while. I technically paid slightly less than MSRP for my PMM (due to $2k of dealer installed options and paying just under $38,600) about six weeks ago, but they were itching to sell me the blue one for less. I'm confident they would be willing to let it go for less than MSRP. Figured I would mention!
When you were there, did they still have a CW as well? I’m up the road in Jacksonville and am thinking about making the trip down based on this info. Thanks!

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
has a blue CTR that they've had for quite a while
My brother and I both wasted a lot of time with Coggin Orlando and other Coggin Honda dealers in FL (DeLand and Jacksonville). We both ended up buying CTRs in March and April from non-Coggin Honda dealers near Orlando (Ocala and Palm Bay). Both my brother and I negotiated like hell with Coggin Orlando and they wouldn't budge off of mark up over MSRP because they installed options and the car was "limited availability" (despite having 4 on their lot at the time). There is no value in dealer installed options in the aftermarket, so if you pay over MSRP (accessories or not), that money is immediately lost.

The guy in Orlando was a particular pain in the ass to deal with, Hassan. He and his sales manager wasted a lot of our time. DeLand and Jacksonville Coggin weren't any better, but perhaps they're starting to be realistic with their pricing now.

ucf_bronco

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
When you were there, did they still have a CW as well? I’m up the road in Jacksonville and am thinking about making the trip down based on this info. Thanks!
They actually got that one in the same day I bought mine (Sat, Apr 27th), though I don't think they would be as willing to negotiate on that color. He was itching to sell the blue one after he had just moved a CBP and my PMM that week and I believe he had the blue longer than both of those.

My brother and I both wasted a lot of time with Coggin Orlando and other Coggin Honda dealers in FL (DeLand and Jacksonville). We both ended up buying CTRs in March and April from non-Coggin Honda dealers near Orlando (Ocala and Palm Bay). Both my brother and I negotiated like hell with Coggin Orlando and they wouldn't budge off of mark up over MSRP because they installed options and the car was "limited availability" (despite having 4 on their lot at the time). There is no value in dealer installed options in the aftermarket, so if you pay over MSRP (accessories or not), that money is immediately lost.

The guy in Orlando was a particular pain in the ass to deal with, Hassan. He and his sales manager wasted a lot of our time. DeLand and Jacksonville Coggin weren't any better, but perhaps they're starting to be realistic with their pricing now.
Interesting, they were able to get the PMM down to what I was willing to pay. I agree on the dealer installed options. Looking through what they add on for $2k I figured they're easily worth less than $500. However, while I was there he came down $1k from what he had told me over the phone and gave me another $500 on my trade-in and considering at the time there wasn't another PMM in the state I pulled the trigger. I had called every dealer with a CTR in stock within 250 miles of me and none of them even came to the price Coggin had quoted over the phone.

Just to help any others out there willing to deal with this dealership, I paid $38,500 (including the $2k options; wheel locks, window tint, trunk liner, and I think some paint protection film on the mirrors).

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
They actually got that one in the same day I bought mine (Sat, Apr 27th), though I don't think they would be as willing to negotiate on that color. He was itching to sell the blue one after he had just moved a CBP and my PMM that week and I believe he had the blue longer than both of those.

Interesting, they were able to get the PMM down to what I was willing to pay. I agree on the dealer installed options. Looking through what they add on for $2k I figured they're easily worth less than $500. However, while I was there he came down $1k from what he had told me over the phone and gave me another $500 on my trade-in and considering at the time there wasn't another PMM in the state I pulled the trigger. I had called every dealer with a CTR in stock within 250 miles of me and none of them even came to the price Coggin had quoted over the phone.

Just to help any others out there willing to deal with this dealership, I paid $38,500 (including the $2k options; wheel locks, window tint, trunk liner, and I think some paint protection film on the mirrors).
Coggin was alright, they quoted me $43K OTD which isn't great but isn't as egregious as some of the other dealers in FL

rucnok

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R CW
Country flag
I found one in black at Patty Peck Honda, Jackson, MS for $36120 FYI.
Sponsored