CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
Just put down a deposit at Schomp Honda in Colorado. MSRP, but a long list (more than 10) ahead of me.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Pearson Honda in Richmond, Va (Midlothian) has a black CTR at MSRP. No add ons. A member of this forum bought his CTR at Pearson at MSRP too. Call Don Young if you are interested.
Don Young Office: 804-745-0300
Don Young Cell: 804-382-8002

Type R girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 civic
Country flag
216F27BE-3966-4F2C-9785-3E01F4E9702C.jpeg
6BFB499B-9F9C-4160-8C35-BEB6D22CD171.jpeg

Will be taking delivery near end of April. Salesperson said 5 miles from factory and up to 5 more from dealer inspection? Is that normal?
Yes, cars come from the factory with anywhere from 3-6 miles on it. Car has to be test driven on their track before it can get shipped to dealerships. Perfectly normal.

habitforming

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 S2000
Country flag
A bit late to the party... Kokomo Indiana dealer in June 2017 i paid straight msrp no accessories or any other bs. Super easy to work with, did almost everything over the phone. Hopefully nothing has changed in 2 years

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
A bit late to the party... Kokomo Indiana dealer in June 2017 i paid straight msrp no accessories or any other bs. Super easy to work with, did almost everything over the phone. Hopefully nothing has changed in 2 years
That's incredible to hear MSRP during the original release month. I went through old posts on this forum of the first CTR owners. Someone right here in my city bought a CTR in June 2017 for $10,000 in markup (I speculate it was probably higher with accessories). That's got to make you feel good. I bought my CTR March 2019 and it was a hell of a time getting it at MSRP, took months. My brother same thing. It looks like FL and CA are the worst states to shop for a CTR.

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
That's incredible to hear MSRP during the original release month. I went through old posts on this forum of the first CTR owners. Someone right here in my city bought a CTR in June 2017 for $10,000 in markup (I speculate it was probably higher with accessories). That's got to make you feel good. I bought my CTR March 2019 and it was a hell of a time getting it at MSRP, took months. My brother same thing. It looks like FL and CA are the worst states to shop for a CTR.
At this point, you almost have to assume that it's collusion in FL and CA. All dealerships willing to have insane mark-ups and none of them will break for MSRP? That's almost assuredly a collective agreement, or at the very least a horrifying business practice given what Honda intended this car to be sold for its new owners. I hate it for those who are trying to buy in those states, but I recommend visiting a neighboring state to acquire your new baby and enjoying it sooner than later.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At this point, you almost have to assume that it's collusion in FL and CA. All dealerships willing to have insane mark-ups and none of them will break for MSRP? That's almost assuredly a collective agreement, or at the very least a horrifying business practice given what Honda intended this car to be sold for its new owners. I hate it for those who are trying to buy in those states, but I recommend visiting a neighboring state to acquire your new baby and enjoying it sooner than later.
Quite a few slightly used ones in the classifieds section for less than MSRP to consider also.

I gave up searching in CA and will be shipping mine (for MSRP) from our friendly neighbor state, PA. I opted for the ‘19 for the radio button :rofl: and peace of mind vs buying used. Enclosed transport will be around $1400.

habitforming

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 S2000
Country flag
It took an enormous amount of legwork. I had actually given up, and this was a manager returning a message I had left 2 days prior. He was quite surprised when i insisted on giving him a deposit immediately.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
0582E217-4811-4306-AB14-2191047A930C.png
Ken Wise Honda in Iowa is selling below msrp on the Type R.
I had several dealers in FL advertise below MSRP on both their website, Autotrader and CarGurus. When I showed up to the dealer the asking price was $2-10k higher than the price online. I would 100% call to confirm the price before visiting the dealer
Sponsored