helheim

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
That being said,I gave up in the Bay Area .i’’m going buy Tesla instead.f those sharks
Also have thought about the model 3 to chill during the daily commute. Finding one at MSRP is rough in cali. Lowest I got a dealer is 2k over.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely cross shop the Model 3 or try East Coast dealers at MSRP + transport. I’m going the latter route and will also look for a Model Y in a year or two. Was initially cross shopping the 3 and CTR but really wanted the autonomous features to mature before diving in. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy rowing my own gears for a few more years.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 216F27BE-3966-4F2C-9785-3E01F4E9702C
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! 6BFB499B-9F9C-4160-8C35-BEB6D22CD171

Will be taking delivery near end of April. Salesperson said 5 miles from factory and up to 5 more from dealer inspection? Is that normal?

TROOPTYPE-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport, 2018 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
Most likely 5 miles from salesman/tech ragging it out... but it's got a warranty.
Same thing with mine. I’m not worried. Just make sure they don’t drive it any further until delivery.

helheim

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Definitely cross shop the Model 3 or try East Coast dealers at MSRP + transport. I’m going the latter route and will also look for a Model Y in a year or two. Was initially cross shopping the 3 and CTR but really wanted the autonomous features to mature before diving in. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy rowing my own gears for a few more years.
Probably a good idea. Waiting for that enhanced auto-pilot on the Tesla. Time to try and find a dealer who will do MSRP outside of Cali.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Most likely 5 miles from salesman/tech ragging it out... but it's got a warranty.
This isn’t true...

Once everything is assembled cars are driven from assembly line to a holding area. If the accessories are on during manufacturing with the wheels rolling it will count as rolling mileage. They’re then taken for a test drive at the factory for QA purposes. Add on driving to stage for transport like trucks/ships and shipping for final delivery to go through another inspection with QA drive.

3 to 5 miles is about as low as it gets considering the above.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Sounds about right, mine had 5 miles on it and the. 3 more whe. They filled up the tank of gas. Nothing to worry about.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
This isn’t true...

Once everything is assembled cars are driven from assembly line to a holding area. If the accessories are on during manufacturing with the wheels rolling it will count as rolling mileage. They’re then taken for a test drive at the factory for QA purposes. Add on driving to stage for transport like trucks/ships and shipping for final delivery to go through another inspection with QA drive.

We sometimes bicycle/run out at the Port of Portland, and we see cars being driven the 1-2 miles between holding lots all day long.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This isn’t true...

Did you not see he said the dealer told him they'd be adding another 5 miles or so themselves.

FK8R-Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2019
Country flag
Is anyone from CA has visited Culver City Honda or Honda of Glendale? Looking for a CTR for my brother and wondering if they were selling for MSRP. Because they were only telling me that yes they do sell at MSRP and asking me to go to the dealership and take a look.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 typeR
Country flag
Is anyone from CA has visited Culver City Honda or Honda of Glendale? Looking for a CTR for my brother and wondering if they were selling for MSRP. Because they were only telling me that yes they do sell at MSRP and asking me to go to the dealership and take a look.
If there is a dealer in SoCal selling at msrp, the car(s) would be sold before arrival.
Sponsored