NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@NeoDiNardo Just curious as to why you hated the Accord. That was my fall-back car in case the CTR didn't work out (thankfully it did), but read good things. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
The Accord Sport 2.0T Manual when compared to a decent sporty civic setup was too big, loses that glued to the street feeling a bit too much, can't corner as sharp, can't turn easy, harder to park, clutch has to bottom out to engage, clutch far too heavy, seating position not ideal at all and is “weird” on the Accord. 180w stereo was crap and infotainment system controls too far out of reach. Nice size LCD display and buttons tho. If I HAD to buy an Accord I’d get a 10-speed auto over manual as it better suits the car but naaaa, what I’d really do is buy a Civic hatch sport or touring or touring sport, stick or auto, that would be my backup choice. Will miss the Accords driver dials and screen section, I will really miss Honda Sensing, and the easier to reach use auto seat adjustment controls, heated seats, blind spot monitoring, the glowing red and blue AC knobs as you change temps... but I won't miss those enough to care. The Type R is a beast and thats all the info you would need. The Accord doesn’t even outdo the Si or the normal hatch IMHO. Lastly, Honda sensing really is a game changer and I want it in my next gen Type R with Hybrid power.

Last edited:

treelineCTR

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of CW
Country flag
Nice job getting one near MSRP in Oregon. My girlfriend and I both bought ours from out of state and shipped them here because nobody would budge off $5k over.
I’m in that boat now, no luck so far. Where did you end up purchasing from?

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
I’m in that boat now, no luck so far. Where did you end up purchasing from?
We bought one car at Crest Honda in Nashville, TN and another at Tiger Honda of Gonzales (I worked with Val), both at MSRP. I have a post in this thread a few pages ago with more details.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I finally got the accessories list from my dealer. Burns Honda in NJ sold me a 2019 Red CTR for 36,620 plus a mandatory $3,365 vehicle enhancement kit consisting of:

01. High walled winter floor mats.
02. Window etching.
03. Cargo trunk net.
04. Exterior Bottom Door Chrome Accents
05. Door sil light up “R” logo.
06. Car Cover
07. Wheel Locks

The $3,365 of Honda extras includes dealer installation and brings the price to 39,985. OK, sure I get it, they need to make some money on a hot car and they don’t want to jack up the price, but let me pick the extras as I find this selection questionable. For item 01 I find I never really use winters mats honestly (I just keep replacing the carpet mats) but I guess most like them, 02 is good for insurance rates so OK, 03 seems like a handy item to have, I had them take number 04 off the car completely for no return (to be fair they are ruined upon removal) as they made the car look worse, 05 is totally wanted and is an amazing item, 06 naaaa I never use them, and 07 are you kidding these locks are useless as thieves have the keys so just buy RimLox if you want your rims to not be stolen (expensive but worth it).

However, as I said, they gave me a good value for my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T Manual tade in, helped me get a better interest rate, and at least I got something for the extra money spent over MSRP, even if I’m stuck selling the winter mats and a car cover lol. In fact, having to sell the rims / tires because Honda made questionable daily driver usability rim / tire choices is honestly the very worst part of this purchase. I didn’t have this problem with any Si I’ve owned. I just upgraded the rubber and kept the stock rims. Then again, for the same amount Burns Honda charged me for the extras I could have bought the rims / tires. Between the two pricing drawbacks it’s a net loss for sure, it’s basically the cost of entry Honda and the Honda dealers set up for me in my area.

To be honest, to get out of that Accord I would totally do it again. And I needed the credit I gained from the Accord payments to get the CTR approved. There really was no easy way for me to get into a CTR unfortunately. But now I finally have the CTR, it’s a far more collectible car, and it’s basically my dream car. So there’s that. In the end, I’m not sure Burns Honda belongs on the pure MSRP good list, but they don’t belong on the bad marked up list. Is there a medium list? Like the Medium Place on the TV show The Good Place?

Last edited:

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Sounds like they do belong on the naughty list as they are one of the dealers that use accessories to jack up the price. The items listed to me don't amount to $3,365. You can get a good amount of bolt ons for that price. Thats robbery.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Sounds like they do belong on the naughty list as they are one of the dealers that use accessories to jack up the price.
I agree..."forced accessories" is a crock of sh*

When I got my RR CTR, I paid $35,700+ $599 destination fee, that to me is true MSRP. Admittedly, I didn't get a single accessory, no tint, no wheel locks, nothing, but that was the way I wanted it at the end of the day

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What a shame. I have to agree now that it wasn’t the best deal. I guess I don’t always get what I want. I would have loved pure MSRP with no extras. I can always add the extras later like. There was a lot going on in that deal with the trade in and the credit approval that I’m still not sure I could’ve strong arm them into returning the accessories (some of which where already installed like the sil lights and window etching). I wish we could just buy direct from the dealers, not sure why you have to be a master negotiator to never get ripped off when buying a hot car.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 typeR
Country flag
What a shame. I have to agree now that it wasn’t the best deal. I guess I don’t always get what I want. I would have loved pure MSRP with no extras. I can always add the extras later like. There was a lot going on in that deal with the trade in and the credit approval that I’m still not sure I could’ve strong arm them into returning the accessories (some of which where already installed like the sil lights and window etching). I wish we could just buy direct from the dealers, not sure why you have to be a master negotiator to never get ripped off when buying a hot car.
You did the best you could given the current situation we’re in with all these markups. Go and enjoy your new car.

Rjp4419

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I purchased my R at Dean Honda (outside of Pittsburgh) for MSRP. They even forgot to charge me for the wheel locks

EvanSHH

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Civic Si
Country flag
Just an update from Evan at South Hills Honda (Pittsburgh), we are expecting and Black CTR to arrive April 10th-14th. As I am sure you have seen on the forum we only sell at MSRP no accessories or dealer mark up and have made a ton of people on the forum happy Type R owners! Any questions or concerns please contact me directly [email protected] or 724-941-9100 ext112. I will update the post when the car arrives! Thanks!

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
Just an update from Evan at South Hills Honda (Pittsburgh), we are expecting and Black CTR to arrive April 10th-14th. As I am sure you have seen on the forum we only sell at MSRP no accessories or dealer mark up and have made a ton of people on the forum happy Type R owners! Any questions or concerns please contact me directly [email protected] or 724-941-9100 ext112. I will update the post when the car arrives! Thanks!
Awesome

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Do you guys ship to FL? My brother might be interested, also, @coopermidnight I know is looking for a black one

EvanSHH

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Civic Si
Country flag
Do you guys ship to FL? My brother might be interested, also, @coopermidnight I know is looking for a black one
We have had quite a few people ship theirs! The shipping will be completely up to the buyer but as a dealer we can do not provide shipping. It ranges in price of course depending on closed or enclosed and I would be happy to provide some of the companies others have used in the past. Let me know what I can do for you!
-Evan at South Hills
[email protected]
724-941-9100 ext112

jgoods90

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2007 GPW S2000 (sold)
Country flag
fyi SAN DIEGO. DCH mission valley selling a 2019 CW for MSRP. I purchased mine here and my dealer follows up with me when he gets new ones in. His name is Sean Sailes. If anyone is interested tell than Jared from the forum referred you and they should cut the BS and games. Hope this helps someone.
Sponsored