Williams

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Anyone in VA area have any luck getting the 2019 car at MSRP? If so please let me know thanks! I am looking for Crystal Black Pearl only.
Sponsored

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
My name is Joseph Wilton, I work as a sales consultant at Sullivan Honda in Torrington, CT. In a few weeks we are getting a 2019 Type R in polished metal. The vehicle will be sold at MSRP, if anyone is interested in securing this deal reach out to me @ 8604960077 and ask for Joseph.
CT couldn't be much farther from San Diego. Someone else take this and put me out my misery. It's becoming clear nobody in SoCal should be paying more than about $1500 over MSRP. That's what it costs to ship a car across country.

MR2S2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MR2 S2000
Country flag
Shipping will be $1200-$1400 to Los angeles

I am ready to buy. Pasadena offered me $2,000 over msrp. Woodland hills offered me $1650 over msrp

If i can get 1400-1500 over msrp i will buy this weekend

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Good news for the folks in the Southern California area. Just picked up a CTR in Sonic Grey for MSRP. No BS fees or mandatory options. I accepted the extended warranty, but it was not a prerequisite for the deal.

Give Carson Honda a call (855) 237-3434 and ask for Jessie. He's on their internet sales team. Tell him you're looking for MSRP, and he'll put you on a waiting list. As soon as the GM decides they are done waiting to sell a car at markup, Jessie will give you a call. That's it. I've had calls in to every dealership for two months with the simple request to give me a call when they were ready to stop messing about with a markup and sell me a car at MSRP. Jessie was the only guy or gal I talked to that I didn't end up just wanting to yell at in pure frustration. I honestly hope that someone at Carson is taking care of this guy, because his dedication and lack of the usual car salesman attitude was a great change of pace from the rest of the scumbags at every other dealership I called.

Salesman I dealt with in person was Kevin. Nothing but good things to say about him as well. They had one more CTR in Crystal Black when I left last night.

Also a big thanks to Danny from post #2299 in this thread with the original recommendation to talk to Jessie. I had all but given up on the CTR until then.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
CT couldn't be much farther from San Diego. Someone else take this and put me out my misery. It's becoming clear nobody in SoCal should be paying more than about $1500 over MSRP. That's what it costs to ship a car across country.
I feel like above msrp shouldn’t be a thing at this point. It’s kinds ridiculous

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
Here we go again!

I have three Type R in stock.
Msrp+$785 Alarm,tax,lic.

Regards,

Alex Bagheri
Internet Sales Manager

Keyes Woodland Hills Honda
Internet Sales Department
Office : 818-887-7111 extension 5425
Fax : 818-884-5233

[email protected]
Don't even waste your time folks. I wasted 2+ hrs. of my life and couldn't get a deal with this guy. Kept going up and down. He will get you into the dealer and then add an ADM. Then when you walk out, the numbers game will begin. The alarm and all those other add-ons will be $3K. Those are sunk costs and can't be removed from the vehicle. You are not walking out that dealer without spending $44K+ plus tax, license, etc. Expect to pay almost $50K OTD. He might get mad after reading this post, but who cares. The floor manager is also a goof. It's a Honda Civic Type R not a Lamborghini dude! Keep the car because you don't really want to sell. I think I already posted on this topic a few pages ago.

BTW - everyone that has posted that they paid MSRP or $1500 over stick forgot to mention the dealer had add-ons. It's not the complete story and MSRP is not happening in SoCal. You are buying something in addition to MSRP, whether it's accessories, a warranty, or other. I've never walked into a dealer in the last 1.5 years in Socal and heard MSRP. No further negotiations needed. Fat chance!

I love the line "how do I earn your business?" Give me a break Smokie & the Bandit (one sales manager I encountered in Hollywood who resembled a cross between Yosemite Sam and Burt Reynolds). Will you take $48K OTD. Haha... I"m out of here.

When someone can buy below MSRP on this thread, please post. I'm dying to see a clear contract with all the numbers shown. Some people have posted in the past, but it was a half page and when I went to that dealer, it wasn't MSRP at all. Sales people lurking in this post no doubt. Sharks.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Don't even waste your time folks. I wasted 2+ hrs. of my life and couldn't get a deal with this guy. Kept going up and down. He will get you into the dealer and then add an ADM. Then when you walk out, the numbers game will begin. The alarm and all those other add-ons will be $3K. Those are sunk costs and can't be removed from the vehicle. You are not walking out that dealer without spending $44K+ plus tax, license, etc. Expect to pay almost $50K OTD. He might get mad after reading this post, but who cares. The floor manager is also a goof. It's a Honda Civic Type R not a Lamborghini dude! Keep the car because you don't really want to sell. I think I already posted on this topic a few pages ago.

BTW - everyone that has posted that they paid MSRP or $1500 over stick forgot to mention the dealer had add-ons. It's not the complete story and MSRP is not happening in SoCal. You are buying something in addition to MSRP, whether it's accessories, a warranty, or other. I've never walked into a dealer in the last 1.5 years in Socal and heard MSRP. No further negotiations needed. Fat chance!

I love the line "how do I earn your business?" Give me a break Smokie & the Bandit (one sales manager I encountered in Hollywood who resembled a cross between Yosemite Sam and Burt Reynolds). Will you take $48K OTD. Haha... I"m out of here.

When someone can buy below MSRP on this thread, please post. I'm dying to see a clear contract with all the numbers shown. Some people have posted in the past, but it was a half page and when I went to that dealer, it wasn't MSRP at all. Sales people lurking in this post no doubt. Sharks.
That sucks. Exactly why I get a deal agreed upon before I ever step foot in a dealership. If anything changes, I walk immediately and I never go back. I commend your patience.

Why is buying a car the shadiest buying experience in the world? Unreal. It's like they're stuck in the 1970s. I can't imagine having a job where I tried to take advantage of people every day. I run a business myself, and if our sales people pulled that crap, they'd be fired on the spot! That culture clearly comes from the top, so no way I'm giving them my money and rewarding it.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

That dealer should go on the shitlist.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Good news for the folks in the Southern California area. Just picked up a CTR in Sonic Grey for MSRP. No BS fees or mandatory options. I accepted the extended warranty, but it was not a prerequisite for the deal.

Give Carson Honda a call (855) 237-3434 and ask for Jessie. He's on their internet sales team. Tell him you're looking for MSRP, and he'll put you on a waiting list. As soon as the GM decides they are done waiting to sell a car at markup, Jessie will give you a call. That's it. I've had calls in to every dealership for two months with the simple request to give me a call when they were ready to stop messing about with a markup and sell me a car at MSRP. Jessie was the only guy or gal I talked to that I didn't end up just wanting to yell at in pure frustration. I honestly hope that someone at Carson is taking care of this guy, because his dedication and lack of the usual car salesman attitude was a great change of pace from the rest of the scumbags at every other dealership I called.

Salesman I dealt with in person was Kevin. Nothing but good things to say about him as well. They had one more CTR in Crystal Black when I left last night.

Also a big thanks to Danny from post #2299 in this thread with the original recommendation to talk to Jessie. I had all but given up on the CTR until then.
Good to know I was able to help. Jessie is a great guy to deal with.

MR2S2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MR2 S2000
Country flag
How long did you have to be in waitlist?

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Anyone in VA area have any luck getting the 2019 car at MSRP? If so please let me know thanks! I am looking for Crystal Black Pearl only.
Austin, Colonial Honda sells their CTRs at MSRP. Pearson Honda has been on the naughty list for adding $5000 to theirs, however I see that one was just had for MSRP. I have a few others in the western part of the state that offer theirs at MSRP too. What part of Va are you in? I have a black 2018. You are welcome to come and check it out. Alan

Williams

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Austin, Colonial Honda sells their CTRs at MSRP. Pearson Honda has been on the naughty list for adding $5000 to theirs, however I see that one was just had for MSRP. I have a few others in the western part of the state that offer theirs at MSRP too. What part of Va are you in? I have a black 2018. You are welcome to come and check it out. Alan
I live in Greene about 20ish mins from cville, I'm mainly looking for 2019 for MSRP. I believe I can get a black one for MSRP but its a month or more wait from a dealership i know the manager at. I've checked 2 dealerships around me with ones actually in stock and both have tried to charge 5k over MSRP so I may just have to wait till this dealership gets theirs in. I would love to find one before that though.
Sponsored