diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Just picked up a 2019 from Colonial Honda in Richmond VA for MSRP. Out the door price was $38782.

This forum has been so helpful to me in preparing for this purchase. Big thanks to the administrators and all the members.
What part of Virginia are you from? I’m in Richmond. Colonial Honda is one of the only dealerships in Virginia that sell their CTRs at MSRP. I have referred several people to them. Have you experienced any second gear grinding yet? My 2018 grinds if I am above 3000 rpm going from first to second. I took it to the dealership for them to document, but they still have not let me know what they are going to do about it . Alan
Sponsored

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
What part of Virginia are you from? I’m in Richmond. Colonial Honda is one of the only dealerships in Virginia that sell their CTRs at MSRP. I have referred several people to them. Have you experienced any second gear grinding yet? My 2018 grinds if I am above 3000 rpm going from first to second. I took it to the dealership for them to document, but they still have not let me know what they are going to do about it . Alan
Hi Alan. I am in Virginia Beach. I haven’t experienced gear grind. I will try to replicate the condition you describe (1 to 2 at over 3000 rpm) and report back. Hope you get some joy from the dealer soon.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hi Alan. I tried shifting from 1 to 2 when above 3000 rpm several times and didn’t get any grinding. How often does the grinding occur? I’ll keep trying. Maybe I didn’t try enough times.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm here in Atlanta. Best I've found in neighboring states is $2500 under msrp for a 2019 but they added a bunch of accessories. Is that the norm right now?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I'm here in Atlanta. Best I've found in neighboring states is $2500 under msrp for a 2019 but they added a bunch of accessories. Is that the norm right now?
I saw somewhere on here someone linked an R under msrp but another person contacted them and said they added like 9k of accessories. Likely their ploy to try and reel someone in but once it comes to the nitty gritty they're still adding all that on so someone is probably better off getting perhaps a 2k ADM instead of 2500 under but 9k in accessories. Just my thought

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I saw somewhere on here someone linked an R under msrp but another person contacted them and said they added like 9k of accessories. Likely their ploy to try and reel someone in but once it comes to the nitty gritty they're still adding all that on so someone is probably better off getting perhaps a 2k ADM instead of 2500 under but 9k in accessories. Just my thought
Yea they inflate the accessory prices.. $700 tint and what not. I don't want to be $43k out the door lol

callmedh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What color are you looking for? Also, does it have to be a 2019, or is 2018 okay?

ItWasRatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Anyone know any dealers in northeast Ohio or Western PA that sell at or below MSRP? I’m trying to get a test drive before I buy as well, since I’m trying to decide between an STI and a Type R.

Any help appreciated!

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Anyone know any dealers in northeast Ohio or Western PA that sell at or below MSRP? I’m trying to get a test drive before I buy as well, since I’m trying to decide between an STI and a Type R.

Any help appreciated!
I think on this thread somewhere someone said Buckeye Honda, I know for a fact Hugh White Honda has a 2-3k markup. We do have a spreadsheet that I think does get updated frequently, search "spreadsheet" and it should be the first link to a file. That sheet has naughty and nice dealers and info about each, their markup, if they are at msrp, and some have a reference person. I've seen many on here say to wait for an STI for an upgrade on the engine though.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Hi Alan. I tried shifting from 1 to 2 when above 3000 rpm several times and didn’t get any grinding. How often does the grinding occur? I’ll keep trying. Maybe I didn’t try enough times.
It happens every time I shift from first to second when I’m around 3000 rpm so I take it easy now and wait until I get into second to ramp it up. The dealership keeps giving me the run around and will not call me back. They say they are waiting to hear back from corporate. Maybe I should take it to another dealership?

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It happens every time I shift from first to second when I’m around 3000 rpm so I take it easy now and wait until I get into second to ramp it up. The dealership keeps giving me the run around and will not call me back. They say they are waiting to hear back from corporate. Maybe I should take it to another dealership?
Can’t stand the way these dealers operate. Sorry to hear you’re going through that. I wonder if just calling other dealers in the region would turn up a ‘nice’ dealer willing to play ball with you? I experienced this years back when I bought a 350z with a bad tranny. A dealer in Newport News told me to eff off and a dealer in Virginia Beach resolved the problem.

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Im also in Atlanta and "semi-looking". Doesn't even have to be new, but definitely not paying over.

Color pref would be, White, then Black, then Red.
Sponsored