Acc0rd79

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2013 Nissan GTR, 2001 Honda Prelude, 1991 Honda Prelude Si
Country flag
Getting some passports in soon. very limited stock. Not sure of the demand, but I expect to be high and expect dealerships to add to msrp. We do not. any ideas from the community of a good site/forum to sell these?
if it had the looks or somewhat the looks of the OG passport from the 90s, I bet they would fly off of the lots! however with this one, I feel why not just get a full sized Pilot? I don't know, it's just me thinking off the top of my head.
Sponsored

eddie@honda

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
if it had the looks or somewhat the looks of the OG passport from the 90s, I bet they would fly off of the lots! however with this one, I feel why not just get a full sized Pilot? I don't know, it's just me thinking off the top of my head.
Since there's limited production, I think these are going to fly off the lot. Some don't want the 3rd row, and this seems to be a bit more rugged and sporty utility vehicle.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The original Passport wasn't even a real Honda, just a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo. The new one gets worse mileage than the Pilot iirc, and although it may be a great vehicle and fit the bill perfectly for some, paying an ADM on one would be ridiculous imo. I guess there is always someone who has to be the first in their area, cost be damned.

On topic though, it seems like the odds increase each day to be able to find an R at MSRP.

eddie@honda

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
I think some dealers learned their lesson with the high mark ups.. I'm awaiting our next batch to be announced. Hopefully get black, white, or sgp.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting some passports in soon. very limited stock. Not sure of the demand, but I expect to be high and expect dealerships to add to msrp. We do not. any ideas from the community of a good site/forum to sell these?
Limited? Maybe the first coupla months. I'm sure Honda will crank out enough to battle against the new Blazer and Bronco, healthy indicators of market demand offered by Chevy and Ford. Now Honda is reacting in kind with the Passport. Regarding selling your goods, establish good reputation on Facebook, Instagram, OfferUp, AutoTrader, and Cars.com. "Hondas sell themselves," as one Honda salesperson once told me.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
As much as I'd like to talk about the Passport, I think the thread is getting accidentally hijacked.

I am noticing a couple dealers in SoCal (Woodland Hills Honda) listing a '19 BELOW MSRP!! Uhhh... on CarGurus and their website. It's CW so not for me, but somebody should follow up. There are a couple other dealers listing below MSRP as well. I know SoCal has been flooded with almost all the '19 cars delivered being CW so maybe this is Honda's strategy to break the ADM cycle by making them compete with the same color. Or the dealers are lying, which would suck but wouldn't surprise me.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
As much as I'd like to talk about the Passport, I think the thread is getting accidentally hijacked.

I am noticing a couple dealers in SoCal (Woodland Hills Honda) listing a '19 BELOW MSRP!! Uhhh... on CarGurus and their website. It's CW so not for me, but somebody should follow up. There are a couple other dealers listing below MSRP as well. I know SoCal has been flooded with almost all the '19 cars delivered being CW so maybe this is Honda's strategy to break the ADM cycle by making them compete with the same color. Or the dealers are lying, which would suck but wouldn't surprise me.
Yep I just checked their website, they have a "Dealer Discount" and the price is 34,357 on a 2019. someone in So Cal snag it!

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
A lot of dealerships have it listed as one price but when you call or email it’s a lot higher

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
A lot of dealerships have it listed as one price but when you call or email it’s a lot higher
Yeah. I was just being hopeful. So much for my theory that Honda delivering all CW would help with the ADMs in SoCal.

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got mine at under MSRP. Maybe because in cold PA it's not as practical as a daily as it would be in a warm area. Plus I'm near a city.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I got mine at under MSRP. Maybe because in cold PA it's not as practical as a daily as it would be in a warm area. Plus I'm near a city.
Where in PA? I’m philly and I didn’t really get a quote from too many dealers offering MRSP at least not without overcharging for accessories

wayoutwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R-19644
Country flag
I had the opportunity to get a blue one in Southern California with no add-ons and for MSRP (but financing required through AHFC), but I don't want blue. The dealer specifically told me NOT to post their info on the forums, but if anyone is ready to buy immediately and wants a blue one, I can put in a phone call to the guy i talked to if you want PM me your info. I can't promise anything, but at least it's a shot for someone willing to commit.

cheers,
dave
Sponsored