CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2016 WRX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Scott Robinson Honda in Torrance, CA has a black 2018 on the lot and a CW 2019 in transit. Ask for Stuart Lipschitz (310-806-0078). He sold me my CW 2018 last month and Scott Robinson gives you a LIFETIME limited powertrain warranty. As long as you own the car, the powertrain is covered for unlimited miles and years. I paid a small markup that was still cheaper than paying MSRP and shipping from out of state (and you still don't get the lifetime powertrain warranty), which is SoCal life. In case any of you locals are looking, give Stuart a call -- he will work to earn your business sans the tacky car salesman persona.
Sponsored

Acc0rd79

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2013 Nissan GTR, 2001 Honda Prelude, 1991 Honda Prelude Si
Country flag
Thanks, Z06_Pilot! I sold the Z. At the moment I’m good with that, though my buddies wonder why I swapped the z car for what they say is an ugly Civic. My friends clearly have no taste....
I used to own a 370z as well before selling it to upgrade. Now I am like you and looking at a CTR but to give me a 4 door family car option!

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I don’t have to wish... it’ll happen. I will wait for as long as I have to.
Yeah I mean I could be wrong, but in my years of owning many sports cars/performance cars I have found most don't sell for invoice if they are doing well. (It is safe to say the Type R is doing extremely well by how much over MSRP people are willing to pay.) They start selling for invoice once things slowdown which by the amount of people looking and willing to buy at MSRP and hell a lot apparently willing to buy over MSRP I don't see involve in the near future. I don't blame you for waiting, but just saying you might be waiting a long while is all I am saying. MSRP the wait is over if willing to travel and I am willing to bet will be over by years end for local deals everywhere, but maybe CA and surrounding area. Although I think close to or MSRP deals have happened there in recent weeks. Below MSRP deals have been claimed recently, but those people tend to stray from their story when asked for proof or they just disappear from the topic. haha So I am not exactly sure when below MSRP even will happen, but that will happen long before invoice and I think once they get to normal MSRP these things are going to start flying off lots as so many people willing to do MSRP right now. Just my observation of the market.

I used to own a 370z as well before selling it to upgrade. Now I am like you and looking at a CTR but to give me a 4 door family car option!
Not looking to sell the GTR for a Type R are you? The GTR's have always been on interest for me, but like my snuggle with the 03/04 Cobra I just can't wrap my head around the price for what you get aspect. haha Maybe if I drove a GTR that would change my mind, but who knows. haha Either way the GTR is a sweet ride!!

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
So I am not exactly sure when below MSRP even will happen, but that will happen long before invoice and I think once they get to normal MSRP these things are going to start flying off lots as so many people willing to do MSRP right now. Just my observation of the market.
Agreed. I've waited 17 months for MSRP and I know if I really wanted an '18 at MSRP, I could find one out of state, particularly now with the '19s hitting. Now of course, I want a '19. So that wait continues. I think MSRP will be coming eventually as the car isn't a limited edition, but it isn't a high volume car either (looking at VINs I see about 5000 made for US market in '18??) and current demand is still very high. Invoice? It may happen but I don't think I can wait that long.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
MSRP or slightly below very soon. Invoice I think will be some time still. Invoice likely not until they announce they are making another year of them.

Invoice really? I think you are wishing for to much here.

Looks like climate buttons as well so that will help cut the $250 per change cost down some. haha

Is that shifter the new stock shifter? The 18's has a all metal one and man does it get super hot/cold.
Ha! That’s a great point! Maybe I only paid around $200 per change....

No. I purchased the shifter knob from a member of this forum. I was thinking exactly what you mentioned about the stock metal ball probably getting real hot and cold.

spyder93090

I'm here to kick names and take ass.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Type R #20034
Country flag
Agreed. I've waited 17 months for MSRP and I know if I really wanted an '18 at MSRP, I could find one out of state, particularly now with the '19s hitting. Now of course, I want a '19. So that wait continues. I think MSRP will be coming eventually as the car isn't a limited edition, but it isn't a high volume car either (looking at VINs I see about 5000 made for US market in '18??) and current demand is still very high. Invoice? It may happen but I don't think I can wait that long.
Yeah, I'm semi-upset with myself that I paid over MSRP ($1400) which I've NEVER done for anything. But my "justification" was that the 2019s are coming out with a $1k price bump for this minute changes so I'd be paying $1,000 over anyway and if the ADM still persisted that would in theory be $2000 over. I consider the add-ons I got were unnecessary/overpriced but $400 for all of them is tolerable IMO.

Plus, I feel like the ADM will come down gradually instead of abruptly go from $2-3k markup to MSRP.

eddie@honda

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Say what?!? A 19 at MSRP, BUT a 18 with add ons? hahahaha Dealers can't seriously think that is going to work can they? hahaha

You have been great about answering questions on here. So just curious what are the official differences between the 2018 and 2019 R's?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-honda-civic-type-r-new-features-color

Nothing to drive train. Infotainment has beet tweeked (knob). New color. and, yes, $1000 upcharge.

And, the 18 didn't get add ons until it the showroom floor. Nobody wants red it seems. Aaaand, we got a '19 in red.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-honda-civic-type-r-new-features-color

Nothing to drive train. Infotainment has beet tweeked (knob). New color. and, yes, $1000 upcharge.

And, the 18 didn't get add ons until it the showroom floor. Nobody wants red it seems. Aaaand, we got a '19 in red.
Thanks and year red/black seem to sit the longest for sure. Black is just a hard color to keep clean and red I think is just too much red on this car with the red trim lines blending into red paint and then you throw the red set belts and seats and man it is a lot of red. I considered red as I love red cars, but I always go at when buying a car and say color doesn't matter as much as the bottom line and a CW came up first and I was walking around it I quickly realized red might not work with this car for me and I was happy to take the CW! After buying I have read buying the CW was great as they are apparently the most wanted so many years down the road if/when I go to sell it might bring me extra money over other colors, but with the amount of miles mine is likely to have it will be irrelevant. haha

Thanks for the link and telling the differences. You have always been great help on this forum. Thanks for that!! Anytime I get asked about my car and where can somebody get a good deal I tell them to check this thread and as well look for your name. Hope your honestly and help on here pays off for you in the long run.

mmmthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Country flag
Scott Robinson Honda in Torrance, CA has a black 2018 on the lot and a CW 2019 in transit. Ask for Stuart Lipschitz (310-806-0078). He sold me my CW 2018 last month and Scott Robinson gives you a LIFETIME limited powertrain warranty. As long as you own the car, the powertrain is covered for unlimited miles and years. I paid a small markup that was still cheaper than paying MSRP and shipping from out of state (and you still don't get the lifetime powertrain warranty), which is SoCal life. In case any of you locals are looking, give Stuart a call -- he will work to earn your business sans the tacky car salesman persona.
Looks like they’re asking for 10k over for 2019s. Pretty silly

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Looks like they’re asking for 10k over for 2019s. Pretty silly
Silly indeed. The steam is running out on the high ADMs. They're just testing to see if anyone bites. $10K for an updated infotainment? Yeah. No thanks. I want a '19, but I'm not paying ADM for it just like I wouldn't for a '17 or an '18. I will say that if you're in SoCal and you want a CW '19, I just checked the 16 closest dealers to me on the Honda's dealer inventory tool (the most tedious thing on the planet, BTW), and only one of the 16 had a color other than CW coming and that was because they had CW and Sonic Grey both listed as "in transit". Either there is a bug or Honda is really pushing on the CW right now. Wow. I just wish I could go back to my thoughts from 17 months ago when I actually wanted CW and was so adamant that "Type Rs should only come in CW."