solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
I've been dealing with issue for a little while now and wanted to know if anyone who owns a CTR or Civic has dealt with. My A/C keeps blowing warm/hot air when set to 75 w/ the A/C setting on.. I lower it to 70 and below and it starts to blow cooler air, I took it into the dealer and they first stated nothing was wrong, I took it in a second time, this time they claimed it was low on refrigerant.. I got the car back and it's still doing it WTF!! this is frustrating and I wanted to know if anyone has had this happen??
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Before we go jumping onto certain things, Whats the ambient temp outside when you set it to 75? Usually if the cabin/outside air is colder than the temp setting is, the car will instead warm up judging what you have the temp gauge to. If that isn't an issue and you're blowing hot air....

sounds like you got the case of the compressor blues my dude

https://www.civicx.com/threads/new-ac-condenser-leaking-tsb-19-091.40000/

OP
OP

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
Before we go jumping onto certain things, Whats the ambient temp outside when you set it to 75? Usually if the cabin/outside air is colder than the temp setting is, the car will instead warm up judging what you have the temp gauge to. If that isn't an issue and you're blowing hot air....

sounds like you got the case of the compressor blues my dude

https://www.civicx.com/threads/new-ac-condenser-leaking-tsb-19-091.40000/
The temp outside has ranged from 60-99 I live in CA... but recently like today it was 65 outside and I had the inside temp to 73 yet warm air was blowing inside...:mad:

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The temp outside has ranged from 60-99 I live in CA... but recently like today it was 65 outside and I had the inside temp to 73 yet warm air was blowing inside...:mad:
From my observations, if you keep it in auto mode, the temperature control works sort of like this:
  • If the air temp outside is colder than what your temperature setting, it will try to warm the air because you are asking for it.
  • If the a/c is turned on manually via the touch screen, but you have the temperature setting set to be warmer than the current temperature of the cabin, it will try to warm you up.
  • If the engine is cold and the air temp is cold, the heater will not try to blow air it knows will just be cold. Once the engine warms up a bit, it will start blowing warm air.
  • If the solar load sensor (I believe it's the little circle at the front center of the dash at the base of the windshield) detects a lot of direct sunlight, it will tend to try to cool you down because it knows the sun is hot.
  • If you enter shade, the solar load sensor will tell the a/c to stop blowing so hard.
  • Even if the a/c is on, it's the temperature you set that actually controls the temperature of the cabin. The a/c is turned on and off automatically, even if just to dehumidify the air.
If you want colder air you will need to set the temp knob to cooler, as you said. The temperature setting is the goal and it will try to keep the cabin around that temp. Generally I just keep it around 72 and it automatically blows warm when it's cold and a/c when it's a hot day.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
That's exactly how the system (and indeed virtually all vehicle HVAC systems) is designed to work.

If the selected temperature is higher than the OAT, the car will blow hot air. If the selected temp is below the OAT, the car will blow cool air. If the selected temp is around the OAT, the car will blend hot and cool to match (if A/C is on) or simply run the fan (if A/C is off).

A/C does not refer to the actual temperature of the air, which is controlled by the temp setting. A/C refers to the conditioning of the air (aka removing humidity).

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Ditto. You need to consider outside temps when setting your automatic temp. 66 outside temps with anything higher set in AC will produce warm air. The greater the disparity the greater the temp generated.

Vice versa,If the temperature is 74 outside, and your ac is set to 73 or lower, the air coming out of the system will be cooler.

This is how most automatic ac systems work in cars.
Sponsored