First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Everyone,

My name is Ryan. I currently own a 2018 Honda Civic Type R. I’ve owned many Honda’s my entire life and I have to say my R is my #1 fav. I own a company called Precision Auto Care located in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. We specialize in Auto Detailing, Tinting, and Customizing. I am also a member of the FK8 Civic Type R group of Ontario. I’ve always been an active member in the forums but just waiting for the right time to share my story.

As many others in this forum may feel, the release of the Civic Type R in North America was a dream come true. Being an enthusiast my entire life I felt that I absolutely needed to own a part of history. When the TypeR began finding it's way to showrooms all around the world the anticipation began. More importantly, when the car landed in Canada I was overwhelmed. Though at the time it didn’t seem like owning this JDM Legend was even possible. Life happens, bills need to be paid and priorities need prioritizing. It’s the truth. Long story short, my first born son was on his way and I felt that if somehow, if someway I could make this happen, I would. So, I went to the dealership with my wife to just look at the car and instantly fell in love. To be honest, she seemed more excited than I was at first, which was obviously a good thing, because I knew then and there that this was going down.

We sat down with a sales rep, and what do you know.... I just found out I was going to own my dream car. Now the waiting began. It sucked because they didn’t allow test drives for this car, but anyways that did not matter to me. Fast forward a few days later and home she went, right into the garage.

So here I am, proud owner of my 2018 Honda Civic Type R. I really did not know where to start.

I have a vision for this car. I plan to build this car. Hopefully I can share these moments with my son the day he can hold a wrench or reach the floor pedals. This is what I foresee. Not just a car but a way of life.

Thank you for taking the time to read my Intro to my build. I hope it inspired someone to do what you love and realize that nothing in this world is ever out of reach. Follow me on IG @precision__autocare, and this thread for my build. Please feel free to comment and leave feedback about anything, including your own car and modifications.
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R 7214C107-4AF3-4583-AC08-2CEE96900EBD

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R 617DE165-A3CD-4758-BA5D-F74AFBA61C82

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R 1609A4F0-0052-458D-8C49-EB1299583AA6

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R 8191A6DF-4783-41DA-8493-4E568C6BB946

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R 813E1C1F-1347-4A2B-ABEF-96B744130B95

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R E7CCEB9D-E7B5-4BD6-9E77-1EC838C03EBF

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R CD308F21-420E-40E4-916A-81EDA8BDD21E

OP
OP
CTR-19418

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Any
You picked the right color
I definitely love it. I used to have an Integra GSR with the Japanese front end, wanted to paint it CW. I ended up selling it after i got the Type R. Bitter sweet moment lol

Most of the car meets i go to I see the white. The point is to stand out amongst the crowd. I do plan on wrapping it in the future. Thats on my list, but for now I will enjoy it!

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome!

I've been to Barrie! My cousins used to live there. :)

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome fellow Canadian! Nice CTR, looking forward to your build.

OP
OP
CTR-19418

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Welcome!

I've been to Barrie! My cousins used to live there. :)
I grew up closer to Toronto and moved to Barrie about 7 years ago. It’s actually really close to the Honda manufacturing Plant in Alliston, ON. This is where they build the Civics and Crvs. We have our Annual Type R meet and we also tour the plant. It’s really cool. I enjoy talking about my car to others, they seem to really like it lol

OP
OP
CTR-19418

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Welcome fellow Canadian! Nice CTR, looking forward to your build.
Thank you. I appreciate the warm welcome. Stay tuned. I’ll also be making some videos. Here’s a little teaser video, lots more to come this season.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe

CTR_Mike_FK8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I definitely am in the same boat always wanted a type r so ecstatic they brought this legend over and it lives up to the legendary history

OP
OP
CTR-19418

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I definitely am in the same boat always wanted a type r so ecstatic they brought this legend over and it lives up to the legendary history
I’m happy Honda stuck to their roots. The Type r is exactly what it’s supposed to be in my opinion.

OP
OP
CTR-19418

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My First Modification:

The first modification that I did to my car was an Intake. When I drove my typer home from the dealership it was way to quiet. I really wanted to hear the engine. I ended up going with the MISHIMOTO INTAKE. In my opinion this was best suited for my build. I really liked the OEM look and it seemed very functional to me. The testing they did with their products really engaged me as a consumer. Not to mention the price was right. I ended up purchasing the part from Teknotik located in Toronto, Canada. https://shop.teknotik.com/

At this point, I had the car for only a week. It was winter so the car was being parked until the spring. I only had about 100kms on it. I was really happy with my purchase. The instructions they provided were links to online videos. They were really helpful. I installed the intake myself. Everything was straight forward. Install was a breeze. I was pleased with the end result. Exactly what I wanted. Sounded amazing! Since the install I’ve drove the car all summer and it’s been great. I’ve never had any issues with bogging, or stalling. Never had any CEL’s either. Unfortunately it took sometime for the engine break in period. I was unable to compare a before and after power gain. It does seem to hold its own though.

Check out this link to my YouTube video to see the Mishimoto Intake and listen to some sound clips as well. Enjoy!

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR-19418 Build Thread : 2018 Civic Type R upload_2020-2-13_23-17-38

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What made you choose the Mishimoto over the other brands? Just curious. I looked into that one as well for mine.

OP
OP
CTR-19418

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What made you choose the Mishimoto over the other brands? Just curious. I looked into that one as well for mine.
I think price point was a big thing for me. With the mishimoto, I think was the best bang for buck. I followed the testing they did and also really liked their intercooler. The look was simple and clean. I haven’t tracked the car yet but seems to hold up well for daily driving. It Sounds great. No complaints.

OP
OP
CTR-19418

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Its been a while since I’ve posted. Hope you are all safe and well. I have an update on my car, I finally upgraded my Exhaust System. I ended up going with the AWE TUNING TRACK EDITION EXHAUST. Wow, what a difference I must say. Its really changed the feeling of the car for me. The stock exhaust didn’t make the drive as enjoyable. Now it really feels like I’m sitting behind the wheel of a race car. AWE offers 2 systems for the FK8, Touring and Track, this is definitely the more rowdy of the two. Here’s a video of some of the install and Before and After rev clips. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R, 08 Z71, 2019 Traverse Redline, 2011 Ruckus GY6 150
Country flag
still liking the Track edition?, im tore between the 2 , how bad is the drone, with the track?
Sponsored