CTR #1643 - Delivered - A success story

capitalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR - #1643
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR #1643 - Delivered - A success story image_2

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR #1643 - Delivered - A success story image_4

CTR 1643 is in my garage now. A brief story and a shout out to a honest dealer.

I knew I wanted this car. Have driven and sold many different sports cars and Japanese cars, I knew this car would be special. About 3 months ago, I sent emails to every GM and New Car Sales Manager that had a posted email in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina. The results came in 2 piles:

1. We will take your money, but price is unknown.
2. We won't take your money, we want to wait to see how the market is.

I bought my wife a Pilot at Gwinnett Place Honda (Georgia) in March. I begged them to take my money. They wouldn't.

Ryan at Hilton Head Honda handled it different. He said he wanted $2500 ADM. But he was willing to write a contract with several very important elements:

1. Language that said I would receive the first CTR they got.
2. Language that purchase price was whatever MSRP was announced (+ my $2500)

Simple enough, but I could not find a manager at a dealer in 4 states to do that, except him. In a further gesture to insure my happiness. He reduced the ADM to offset the Doc fee ($225). So I paid $2275 up front.

As the arrival day approached, 2 previous dealers approached me to buy at similar deals. Phil Hughes Honda (Georgia) and Gwinnett Place Honda (Georgia). Ryan assured me that their allocation was mine, and I believed him. So I passed on a back-up deal.

As it arrived and was processed, he seemed just as excited as I. He sent pictures of it as it went from truck to PDI to detail.

Friday delivery. Every element of the deal was exactly as agreed. No accessory add on charges, no mandatory service agreements. They even gave my daughter some CTR promo material they received.

Unfortunately for those still looking, CTR #2 at this dealership is locked down. But any after that may still be available. They are a small-mid market dealer. So additional allocations are unknown.

But I would give them a hearty recommendation based on my experience.

Drive home. No problems. 3 quick notes:

1. Rev matching takes adjustment for me.
2. R+ setting will drop the suspension in to track mode. Be ready.
3. Turbo pulls well in 3rd and 5th gears to pass.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Glad everything worked out for you, sucks you had to pay ADM but cooon the pickup :thumbsup:

OP
OP
capitalist

capitalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR - #1643
Glad everything worked out for you, sucks you had to pay ADM but cooon the pickup :thumbsup:
My ADM was well below the average paid around US... Plus, I knew the hype machine would gear up... I wanted to be locked in... $2275 was worth that piece of mind...

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
What do you mean by Rev match takes adjustment ? You have to tell yourself to not give gaz while downshifting ? Or it doesn't work well on your car ?

OP
OP
capitalist

capitalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR - #1643
What do you mean by Rev match takes adjustment ? You have to tell yourself to not give gaz while downshifting ? Or it doesn't work well on your car ?
Maybe just my driving style... Getting better at it... No problem with car...

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
congrats thats awesome! glad to hear they kept true to their word

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Gwinnett Place Honda told me that their first CTR was a Championship White and it sold within 2 hours of having it delivered.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
My ADM was well below the average paid around US... Plus, I knew the hype machine would gear up... I wanted to be locked in... $2275 was worth that piece of mind...
You bought a great car for a great price :thumbsup:

TypeRsenal

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2017 FK8 Type R
Country flag
Great Price and Congrats! If anyone is getting a CTR for 2-3K ADM..I would call that a good deal in my books. This is relative to all the 5-15K ADM's in the country and the fact that the car is technically sold out right now.

Rev Match definitely is something to get to used to, which I agree. Its awesome but kinda like a surprise each time it kicks in on downshifts.

Drive safe and enjoy it!
Sponsored