grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All!
I noticed a lack of love for Crystal Black Pearl 10th gens (and really, all CBP Honda's) on Facebook, so I created a group called Crystal Black Pearl Honda Owners.

Obviously I'll be leaning more towards 10th gens, but it looks like Honda's been using that color for a while across a range of vehicles, so I wanted to be open minded.

Please check it out, and if you've got a Crystal Black Pearl 10th gen please join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CBPHondaOwners/
Sponsored

Last edited:

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Hi.
I don't think that it is a lack of love per se, but maybe there are just fewer people who bought black Hondas than the other colors.

I was originally planning to get the black one with orange modulo skirts, but after looking back on the headache of keeping my previous black car looking decent, i settled for the dark metallic grey (modern steel?).
Of course there are exceptions, but I think a good number of Civic owners intend to use them as daily car - in which case, black is kinda an impractical choice for the reason above.

Still, a black one with orange skirts would still look awesome :p maybe in the future .....

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
its not a lack of love for the CBPs its the fact that FACEBOOK is a joke, and any normal human deleted that crap back in the early 2000s. love my CBP SI !!!

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi All!
I noticed a lack of love for Crystal Black Pearl 10th gens (and really, all CBP Honda's) on Facebook, so I created a group called Crystal Black Pearl Honda Owners.

Obviously I'll be leaning more towards 10th gens, but it looks like Honda's been using that color for a while across a range of vehicles, so I wanted to be open minded.

Please check it out, and if you've got a Crystal Black Pearl 10th gen please join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CBPHondaOwners/
Don't have a Facebook account, I deleted it years ago. Don't miss it. It was like cable news, complete garbage.

I like my black Civic, especially when it's overcast/rainy. Bright sunlight brings out all the imperfections. Next car, I'm going to choose a light colored one, black is a lot of work.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I had a 17 CBP Sedan and traded it for the Aegean Blue Hatch. I think black looks the best clean but my heart couldn't take it anymore.

shaylarz

First Name
Shayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I've got a CBP sedan. I wanted dark metallic gray but the dealer didn't have a pre-owned one in the EX-T trim I so desired so I settled for black. After my last black car (2009 Fit) I swore I'd never get a black car again haha. She sure is pretty when she's clean, though!

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 17 CBP, as others said, it was awesome, for about ten minutes after I washed it,lol.
But having bad OCD, I couldn't handle having to clean it two or three times a day any more.