Cruising around town catching Pokemon lol

CBR600F4i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
This sounds a lot like birding guys. Get out and see real birds. Hundreds of species out there to see across North America. I've seen 318 in Ontario alone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This sounds a lot like birding guys. Get out and see real birds. Hundreds of species out there to see across North America. I've seen 318 in Ontario alone.
Actually considering all the pidgeys we come across every single day, its very similar...in fact someone posted this up just recently, and i just cannot help but share it :rofl:

Honda Civic 10th gen Cruising around town catching Pokemon lol 13606870_663295333835384_5206781954523328796_

CBR600F4i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Pigeons are actually an invasive species. Get out there and see real native species...many of them are stunning.

Or play your pokemon, I guess it's cool too lol ;)

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pigeons are actually an invasive species. Get out there and see real native species...many of them are stunning.

Or play your pokemon, I guess it's cool too lol ;)
I agree, Pidgeys are most definitely an invasive species lol.

And also, there are some truly spectacular bird species out there. Been lucky enough to see quite a few in different parts of the world :D

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Too old for Pokemon, and I'm 23... It was awesome when i was in my early teens, but 10 years later, I just don't see why this is getting so viral. Seeing all the pokemon memes on social media and people posting about it just makes me want to cave my skull in. After all, there are a million things better to do in the world than to search for VR pokemon.:banghead:

EDIT: I also agree that this should be moved to off topic forum. This has nothing to do with the Civic lol...

Clear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Yeah, I don't catch anything while driving; it's not worth killing someone or wrecking my car. I just keep it on like a GPS and take note of all the Gyms and Pokestops around town, as well as occasionally pull over to do one with an easy in/out on the way to and from work. There's a gym right down the street from my main office that I can see on the map from it, so I can keep an eye on the constant battle going on there. I've also caught quite a few Pokemon in my office building.

Btw kurokitsune, if you make an account on their other app, Ingress, you can sign in with it at https://www.ingress.com/intel and get a rough idea of all the Pokestops and Gyms, since they use most of the same locations.

Clear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Too old for Pokemon, and I'm 23... It was awesome when i was in my early teens, but 10 years later, I just don't see why this is getting so viral. Seeing all the pokemon memes on social media and people posting about it just makes me want to cave my skull in. After all, there are a million things better to do in the world than to search for VR pokemon.:banghead:

EDIT: I also agree that this should be moved to off topic forum. This has nothing to do with the Civic lol...
I'm 22 and I feel like this is basically the adult version of Pokemon. Kids are locked out of a lot of it, especially in more rural areas, because you have to travel to progress (things are spread out quite far in my city). On top of that, to catch certain types, you have to go to certain biomes at certain times of day. A 13 year old can't hop in a car and drive to the beach, but an adult can. Plus, all my friends are nerds and grew up with Pokemon as well, so it's pretty cool to be able to hang out around town after work, get some exercise, and capture a gym, or go out for a drinking night and drunkenly compete for the best capture of the night.

> After all, there are a million things better to do in the world than to search for VR pokemon.

True, but the same could be said about playing sports, watching sports, playing video games, watching YouTube videos, watching movies or TV shows, going to a concert, etc. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do those things; gotta enjoy life while you can.

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I don't catch anything while driving; it's not worth killing someone or wrecking my car. I just keep it on like a GPS and take note of all the Gyms and Pokestops around town, as well as occasionally pull over to do one with an easy in/out on the way to and from work. There's a gym right down the street from my main office that I can see on the map from it, so I can keep an eye on the constant battle going on there. I've also caught quite a few Pokemon in my office building.

Btw kurokitsune, if you make an account on their other app, Ingress, you can sign in with it at https://www.ingress.com/intel and get a rough idea of all the Pokestops and Gyms, since they use most of the same locations.
Hey thats a pretty smart tactic Clear, especially cause i do the same thing as well lol:drive:
I actually saw a kid playing Pokemon Go while DRIVING on the highway, can you believe it? I honked at him as i passed (cause he was slipping out of the lane more than once) and looks like he nearly shat himself lol.
Also, I am extremely envious of you for having a gym within range from your office!

And ya, i know about the Ingress map and have checked it out, but they have not crossed over all the Ingress stations to Pokemon Go, and also you cannot differentiate Pokestops and Pokegyms as easily in the Ingress map. That is actually what made me start my small project of a map for Pokemon Go. And its pretty cool how far its come, with people all over US and now also from Canada, UK and the Netherlands giving in their input on pokestop/gym locations.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made a joking comment at first, but now I'm gonna be serious. This whole thing is stupid. People are actually getting guns pulled on them because of this crap. I can understand 12 year olds getting all up in Pokémon, but adults acting like idiots? Come on....
Sponsored