Cruise Control Loses Speed Uphill (+6 PSI 2018 Si)

rmb9797

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello,
I got my Hondata around a month ago and noticed when commuting after my first flash that cruise control would no longer accelerate to compensate for losing speed going uphill. Similarly if I hit the +speed cruise button it wouldn't respond at all and continue losing speed. I flashed back to stock a couple weeks ago and cruise control returned to working as expected, then began acting up again when I reflashed the +6 tune a few days ago.

Wondering if this is a known issue or if anyone else is having this problem, its fairly annoying as I commute a significant distance through the mountains every day
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Another guy with KTuner (custom tune) had a similar issue and it was determined to be the boost calibrations. In general, you don't want to drive under load in a high gear. And his tune was intentionally calibrated to prevent surging at low RPMs.

Try downshifting to 5th or 4th and see if the issue persists. Hondata "may" be intentionally limiting boost in low to mid RPMs - even more so over the factory tune. That's just a guess. :dunno:

OP
OP
rmb9797

rmb9797

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Tried out using lower gears up hill and experienced the same loss in speed. I was thinking it could have something to do with the throttle response tweak, as I've also noticed I can just barely tap the throttle while this is happening and it will surge forward as if I gave it hard throttle

OP
OP
rmb9797

rmb9797

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Bump. Finally got around to messing with some tune settings and found that with rev hang enabled the cruise control works maintains speed up hill. If anyone else is experiencing this that's the short term fix. This week hopefully I'm going to get some datalogs together of w/ rev hang and w/o it and email them over to Hondata to see if they can figure out a better fix for this. Maybe a way to enable rev hang in 6th gear only? Or have an option for the delete to be a part of sport mode.
Sponsored