Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
Have you ever taken any of your cars or bikes on a track?
NO and I would suspect neither have 90%+ of the members here, I don't need a track, I live in the mountains with plenty of switchback turns and tight radius turns and random deer running out in front of you without warning (Hit 3 over the last 19 years and was not speeding once during any of these events).

Hell i've even had the ass end of one of my accords slide out when I hit a patch of loose gravel in a curve on a paved road that put me in the ditch on the other side of the road. Do I think a wing would have saved that, NO because anything enough to make the ass end slide more downforce isn't gonna solve on a street car.
Sponsored

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
NO and I would suspect neither have 90%+ of the members here, I don't need a track, I live in the mountains with plenty of switchback turns and tight radius turns and random deer running out in front of you without warning (Hit 3 over the last 19 years and was not speeding once during any of these events).
Oh deer..... I didn’t think so....

Lots of street cars double as track cars. That could be why someone would want that wing or whatever mod the owner chooses to put on. You don’t know everyone’s story.

#justsayin ;)

SiFever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2019 Jeep Rubicon 2 Door MT
Country flag
You’re cutting to the end. Lol!

You’re making statements without a point in specific reference to the CTR being rice. Me no understand
Hmm, how to make myself understood... so, not picking any fights here, first off, just trying to communicate.

The CTR is pretty blingy, you know? That wing is frikkin HUGE, especially for a streetcar. I mean, it's a hatchback that screams RACE ME, RACE ME BRO! about as loudly as any car could. Compare it to a Porche 911, the Porche is very understated by comparison, muted, subltle, refined. The CTR is IN YOUR FACE, blingy, showy, ... ricey. Both are nice cars, and fast, but from a very different aesthetic; both are aimed at sporty drivers, in very different way.

That said, as I posted earlier, the wheel fitment thread has inspired me, and now I gotta plan out my build, including some mostly cosmetic mods, cause the car is already blingy, but not blingy enough or in the right way.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh.ew. buy a frs.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm, how to make myself understood... so, not picking any fights here, first off, just trying to communicate.

The CTR is pretty blingy, you know? That wing is frikkin HUGE, especially for a streetcar. I mean, it's a hatchback that screams RACE ME, RACE ME BRO! about as loudly as any car could. Compare it to a Porche 911, the Porche is very understated by comparison, muted, subltle, refined. The CTR is IN YOUR FACE, blingy, showy, ... ricey. Both are nice cars, and fast, but from a very different aesthetic; both are aimed at sporty drivers, in very different way.

That said, as I posted earlier, the wheel fitment thread has inspired me, and now I gotta plan out my build, including some mostly cosmetic mods, cause the car is already blingy, but not blingy enough or in the right way.
We’re good, like you, I’m also just trying to communicate. If I disagree, or am unclear, I always want to ensure the other person is given a fair opportunity to clarify their position. In the end, if we disagree, that is fine.

I’m no expert, but it is my understanding that the only non-functional aero on the FK8 are the front and rear vents by the fogs and on the rear bumper, like all the 10th gens. That is obvious. The rest are functional...... for cooling the motor, the brakes and for increased stability. The rear wing provides downforce in conjunction with the vortex generators when you reach a specific speed.

The 911 is also very aggressively styled, flares, big rim and tires, rear wing, but different and very functional at being a bad ass mofo........ AND a street car, like the R.

I’m interpreting that because you are more accepting of the styling of the Porsche vs the CTR, the CTR is rice and the Porsche is not.

Rice is unfortunately a derogatory term in my mind. It’s one rung above poser. If you’ve driven a R even close to fast, I think most would agree the CTR is unequivocally not that. Look at the history of the Type R. The styling has always been aggressive, the current version in line with its predecessors. Aggressively styled yes but rice, most definitely not. And for what you get for the money, I will take one all day, every day.

Good luck with your mod, do with it what makes you happy. I’m sure it will come out dope. Or...... you’ll be the first one to put a rice sticker on it! ;)

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Get the jesko spoiler. Much better looking.
Sponsored