Craaaaaaack

What should I do? Please see the pic and info below, I appreciate any answer!

• Total voters

Jacelightwood

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Alright I'm super careful with my car 2017 hatchback sport and probably borderline anal... so anyway check out the picture the crack is about 1 inch in length and you cant really see it because of the area. What do u think happened? I have foundation warranty that it may fall under if I can prove it wasn"t because of any accident and was because of manufacturing defect.

This car is my daily driver and my plan is to keep this car for 6 or 7 years then give it to my girlfriend and get something else! I really do love this car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Craaaaaaack 20190824_200656
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jacelightwood

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright I'm super careful with my car 2017 hatchback sport and probably borderline anal... so anyway check out the picture the crack is about 1 inch in length and you cant really see it because of the area. What do u think happened? I have foundation warranty that it may fall under if I can prove it wasn"t because of any accident and was because of manufacturing defect.

This car is my daily driver and my plan is to keep this car for 6 or 7 years then give it to my girlfriend and get something else! I really do love this car.

20190824_200656.jpg

Also the weird thing is there is absolutely NO damage at all to the bumper, sideskirt or sport trim right below it or above it. Really stumped as to how I could've cracked it I've never taken anything apart either

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I'd live with that, but I'd probably drill a tiny hole at the end of the crack to help keep it from growing longer, then fill the tiny hole and use some touch up paint.
:thumbsup:

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
give your car to your gf after 7 years? lol dont be a mangina, your hatch sell it and use to that money for a dp on a new car u want.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I’ve used epoxy on a crack on my 1991 excort GT spoiler and touch it up with touch up paint ( car was white)
Didn’t even notice it but it was on a flatter surface

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Also the weird thing is there is absolutely NO damage at all to the bumper, sideskirt or sport trim right below it or above it. Really stumped as to how I could've cracked it I've never taken anything apart either
Is that yellow paint transfer i see?

mc21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag

20190824_200656.jpg
I'd point it out at your next appointment because there's no hurt in trying. Make sure you stress however that you don't want a replacement unless it's covered unless your willing to pay for a new one. You can get a new painted bumper online from a couple paint shops here in Ontario for $500. Heres a link to one of the sites if you want to check them out.https://partify.ca/collections/2017...-2017-2019-honda-civic-hatchback-front-bumper

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think you should trade it in. Your car is ruined. ;)

I know how you feel but in the scheme of things, it's super minor.

OP
OP

Jacelightwood

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd live with that, but I'd probably drill a tiny hole at the end of the crack to help keep it from growing longer, then fill the tiny hole and use some touch up paint.

Thanks yeah I figure it won't rust since it's tpo plastic just for sure don't want the crack to get larger